Now it is official: Moti Ivanir is the new Maccabi Tel Aviv coach! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 20:15 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Now it is official: Moti Ivanir is the new Maccabi Tel Aviv coach!

After the big dissapointment loss to Maccabi Haifa aswell for the drubbing defeat at the hands of Maccabi Petah Tikva at the Toto Cup, Maccabi Tel Aviv owner Mitch Goldhar lost his patience with the team and fired Avi Nimni and together with him Yossi Mizrahi ended his campaign at the club.

Moti Ivanir has been appointed officially as the new coach of Maccabi Tel Aviv after winning the rumoured disputes with Guy and Rony Levy.

What do you guys think of this change? Will the team play better? Was the problem really the coach?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2011, 20:34
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Yes yes and yes.

Happy days.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2011, 01:31
Premier Player

Hatzlacha

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2011, 13:00
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
the problem was Nimni thanks G-D he left....now the Nimni lovers will be crying like little b!tches but wont say nothing cause they know Nimni was the one that fu(ked Maccabi..!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2011, 20:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Ivanir seems a good candidate indeed, he has IMO a good style of directing his teams and he klnows how to place discipline. Plus, he has identification with the club which is important even though Nimni also had.

Anyways, good luck to him and probably the last gamble to fight for the title with Haifa and Hapoel.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2011, 23:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Hanan Azulai could be announced as the new assistant coach of Moti Ivanir at Maccabi Tel Aviv. Azulai is currently assisting John Gregory at Ashdod.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2011, 19:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I liked the first official interview of Moti Ivanir, in resume the key points were crucial to understand what he intends of the team.

He said regarding rotation, he is not fond of it. So finally we will a solid base for the team especially on the attacking part. Ivanir also stated that he doesn´t have intentions of bringing in new players and that the current squad is good enough for him to work with. Iavnir also said that too many changes in the middle of the season could harm the development of the team.

In terms of lineup, Medunjanin will be given the special role of the key playmaker and apparently Collauti has the edge over Rengelov. Buzaglo will sit on the bench while Israelivich once gain proves to be the secret efficient player that every club would to have. Actually if I am not mistaken both worked together at Natzrat Ilit.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2011, 03:47
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The big plus with Ivanir is he knows how to work his offence.. he's not mentally challenged like Avi was.

On top of that his people skills are x4500 times better then those of Avi, the players will like to play football again, and will like to play for thier coach.. something that didn't happen with Nimni atleast.

Btw soon we got Barak Itzhaki back aswell, whos arguebly the best player in our league.

You could see the problem is Avi in the Beitar game.. our offence created more chances then the entire year.. heck Medunjanin had more shots towards the target then he did the entire season aswell!

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2011, 15:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
The big plus with Ivanir is he knows how to work his offence.. he's not mentally challenged like Avi was.

On top of that his people skills are x4500 times better then those of Avi, the players will like to play football again, and will like to play for thier coach.. something that didn't happen with Nimni atleast.

Btw soon we got Barak Itzhaki back aswell, whos arguebly the best player in our league.

You could see the problem is Avi in the Beitar game.. our offence created more chances then the entire year.. heck Medunjanin had more shots towards the target then he did the entire season aswell!

That is true, we created a lot of chances and Medunjanin once again showed his class in his vision and passes. Atar and Itzhaki together will be great to see. I still don´t understand why Atar isn´t in the NT squad.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Mitch Goldhar announced today that he will extend Moti Ivanirs contract for one more season despite all the recent turmoil of bad results that stinged the club.
The Maccabi boss stated that Ivanir has the coaching and personal qualities to lead a team like Maccabi Tel Aviv and has the working philosophy he believes is suitable in a long term project such as the value of youth and homegrown players. He will give all the support for Ivanir to build up the team for next season.

IMO it is a good decision. Many people in the media and many Maccabi fans have been criticizing Ivanir unfairly. He took a team that was built by Nimni, with players that weren`t exactly the philosophy wished by the management. Plus, his contract was half a season which certainly leaves the coach very unsecure. Now with tranquility he could prepare the team well in the summer. A little more patience and we will become the big club everyone expect us to be and where we should have never left.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 01:59
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I don't know what to make of this.. on one hand he massively dissapointed me while I gave him alot of faith and credit.. we looked simply awful under him, not alot has changed from Avi even though it did look like it's gonna.

On the other hand, I still have some faith in the guy, and think stability(without Avi) is the best thing this club needs and still think highly of Ivanir as a coach... next year, with his team, the players he'll bring and the mentality he'll set to the team from day 1 in training camp I still see him having great succses.

Learning and working on the fly is always hard... I guess I won't be as decisive as I was when he got hired as he really showed me his bad side so far.. but i'm still somewhat positive about this.

Goldhar looks like a good owner with his mind in the right places.. I just hope our fans and our stupid media won't scare him off before he can actually change this club 180 degrees.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
I don't know what to make of this.. on one hand he massively dissapointed me while I gave him alot of faith and credit.. we looked simply awful under him, not alot has changed from Avi even though it did look like it's gonna.

On the other hand, I still have some faith in the guy, and think stability(without Avi) is the best thing this club needs and still think highly of Ivanir as a coach... next year, with his team, the players he'll bring and the mentality he'll set to the team from day 1 in training camp I still see him having great succses.

Learning and working on the fly is always hard... I guess I won't be as decisive as I was when he got hired as he really showed me his bad side so far.. but i'm still somewhat positive about this.

Goldhar looks like a good owner with his mind in the right places.. I just hope our fans and our stupid media won't scare him off before he can actually change this club 180 degrees.
I believe we should have patience and give credit to Ivanir. He is barely three months at the club and you can`t judge results in this period of time. Maybe he could have done better, but the atmosphere in the club doesn`t permit him to succeed.

I agree with you when you say Goldhar is a good owner. He has a good view of things and he had the courage to take Nimni and defy the hardcore fans. And now despite the turmoil he announced Ivanir a new contract giving him support. This is a very positive move.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2011, 21:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Ivanir gave an interview today saying he is ashamed of Maccabi´s current situation and that he doesn´t have the courage to leave his house other than to practice.

This really shows how the pressure is high at Maccabi, but it also shows how Ivanir is really caring about the situation. And this is a positive note, since he is really trying his best the problem is if all the players are follwoing this path. Hopefully in the summer Ivanir will have time and freedom to build up the team he imagines.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2011, 22:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Moti Ivanir signed that already announced contract renewal for one more season.
Let´s hope that now with time to build the team on his way he could impliment his ideas and hopefully we could see a more competitive Maccabi Tel Aviv next season.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in