The Derby - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the Tel Aviv derby?
Hapoel Tel Aviv win 1 50.00%
Draw 0 0%
Maccabi Tel Aviv win 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2010, 04:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
The Derby

Vs.

COMPETITION: Ligat Ha´Al

KICKOFF: Saturday, October 16th 2010

VENUE: Bloomfield Stadium

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2010, 04:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

After the NT games, nothing better than the derby to relax and to forget the tough week

Hapoel comes a bit wounded by internal problems and a shaky start, while Maccabi is confident ahead of the derby and looks good to fight for the title.

Who do you guys think will take the great Tel Aviv derby?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2010, 09:26
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
I honestly have no idea, cause Shechter can win this alone, but in general I would have to say 50% tie, 35% Maccabi, and 15% Hapoel.

I preety like our lineup, it seems like Mizrahi/Nimni are thinking in the right direction after a few months with the team like I thougth they would, and make the proper changes(Nimni is always great in putting the right lineups in big games and preparing the team).

Probable lineup is :

-------------Rangalov---------------
-Atar--------------------------------
-----------------------------Buzaglo-
------------Medunjanin---------------
-------Sidibe--------Alberman--------
--------------------------------------
-Gafni----Strul----Pavichevic---Saban-
-------------Shtrauber----------------

Preety good solid lineup.. the only change I would do here to make it perfect for me would be Dor Malul at rightback instead of Saban.

I have VERY high hopes from Alberman in this one.. he LIVES for this type of games and since he came I was waiting for a big big match for him to make his 'entrance' to Israeli football again.. he usually owns those type of games and excells.... Rangalov over Kolautti was a must, i'm glad the coachs don't pay attention to how much players makes and lineup the ones that would be best.

Kolautti ruins our offence, not playing a striker at all but like an attacking midfielder, not making any runs forward for our very creative players to pass to him... Rangalov from the little i've seen is exactly what Kolautti isn't, with some speed and good ball handling.

I hope Buzaglo will bring his A game although cause we'll need him.. and ofc my number 1 goal is to create space for Medunjanin aroud the box, and let him shoot with his left foot as much as we can, cause him open outside the box with his left foot is just money in the bank, even against Enyeama.

Defence we got nothing to do, just hope our FBs don't fvck up, and hope Shechter won't continue his form... but overall we got a strong defence, will be a real big test for them.

I can't wait for this one!

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2010, 05:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I also like the lineup. Pretty balanced one and as you said Malul instaed of Saban, something I have been defending here for a while.

Our attack with Medunjanin as the playmaker and Atar/Buzaglo on the wings is intimidating. We have a lot of strength over there and certainly Rengelov will be important to conclude the plays.

It should be a great game here, for a while we don`t have such an important derby and with both teams on the top as title contenders.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2010, 19:51
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

Teams: Eurasian Eagle-owls
So derby of of Tel Aviv! Who is favourite?

Xtratime is forever - in Old Trafford when ManU needs to score.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2010, 20:02
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

Maccabi fans threw banana to Eneyama

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2010, 20:05
Fen
Football student
Rising Star

Goal Hapoel!

Zahavi did.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2010, 22:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Normally in derby games there aren`t favourites and both teams are pretty much equal in terms of ability.

But now the derby is gone and Hapoel beat Maccabi 1-0 goal by Eran Zahavi already in the third minute of the game.

We were utter crap today. We seemed to play without will and no organization. Hapoel deserved to win. In the broadcasting they criticized a lot Yoav Ziv, but to tell you truth he was one of the only players of Maccabi Tel Aviv to try do something effective, the problem is that he doesn`t have the ability to do so. His defending is poor and Hapoel used the flanks to win the derby. Saban is crap and he was substituted by Malul as Or and I have asked before, but he also didn`t enter well in the game.

We didn`t give any decent attack in all 90 minutes and this is worrying, in moneytime we are not being able to keep our level.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2010, 06:20
Premier Player

Hapoel have been together alot longer as a squad than Maccabi, it would make sense that Hapoel came out on top. They showed why they won the league last year. I agree that Saban, and Ziv are washed up. Gafni and Malul should probably be starting for Maccabi.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2010, 11:52
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's clear Hapoel are a team that runs alot.. they completely disabled us today.

It's sad that proffesional people incharge in Maccabi need to start waking up after 2-3 months, when almost all the fans see whats going on before the season even started.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2010, 15:28
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen View Post
Maccabi fans threw banana to Eneyama

Lol really?
Do you have a video link for that? I want to see it lol.

Israel #1
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2010, 23:52 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Hapoel showed a lot of skill and controlled the game, but we aren`t so much worse than they are and therefore we should have played much better than we did at the derby.

Strauber saved us and Hapoel lost at least two clear chances to close the game. Kende and Shish were key to close down the flanks and in the middle Medunjanin was well marked. Buzaglo couldn`t play and Atar was isolated. I thought Avidor would be a good choice to enter the game, maybe his speed would give some spark to our attack.

What I didn`t understand is why the hell did Gafni enter as a CB? I can`t believe we didn`t have any defenders on the bench in such an important game. Is Kapiloto injured as well?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2010, 00:01
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

No idea it was baffling to me aswell... if he wasn't then it's outrages.

And I was also positive we're gonna see Avidor and not Kolautti.. but I guess if a guy earns 650k$ a year he has to come atleast as a sub.

And also I don't get why isn't Rangalov being played as a striker?! even in this game, Atar was the one being a striker, and Rangalov on the left wing...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in