Welcome back: Pini Balili - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:26 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Welcome back: Pini Balili

Seems like Mr. Ataturk had enough of the booing and anti-semitism in Turkey and is back in Israel....wearing a Bney Yehuda jersey.

Should be good. Would really boost the unexpected Bney Yehuda. Cant wait to see what will come out of that

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:15
Rising Star

He's not nearly as good as he used to be. And I don't think he was ever as good as he thought he was. In the end he never went to Fenerbahce or Germany liked he was rumored to. He ended up a journeyman playing for small and mid size clubs in Turkey.

He said that 90% of Turks liked him and 10% did not and that he would recommend other Israeli players to play in Turkey. But he also said that hearing one or two Turks say anti-semitic remarks were enough for him to want to leave.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:37 Thread Starter
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
He's not nearly as good as he used to be. And I don't think he was ever as good as he thought he was. In the end he never went to Fenerbahce or Germany liked he was rumored to. He ended up a journeyman playing for small and mid size clubs in Turkey.

He said that 90% of Turks liked him and 10% did not and that he would recommend other Israeli players to play in Turkey. But he also said that hearing one or two Turks say anti-semitic remarks were enough for him to want to leave.
Not as good....possibly..
but he was one of the fasted and most fittest players Israel had had for some time...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:50
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

He has been treated better than 99% of foreign players to play in Turkey, any comments he'd receive would be from opposition fans to unsettle him. If that's the reason he's leaving, he's a pussy, Turkish footballers get treated 100 times worse than him on any given day of the week.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post

You summed up well. He was a good player, but very overrated in Israel. In Turkey he had better displays than with the NT.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico 10 View Post
He has been treated better than 99% of foreign players to play in Turkey, any comments he'd receive would be from opposition fans to unsettle him. If that's the reason he's leaving, he's a pussy, Turkish footballers get treated 100 times worse than him on any given day of the week.
He didn´t want to leave Turkey, he liked playing there. He had offers in the past from even bigger clubs in Israel than Bnei Yehuda, but always refused.
Apparently this time he knows he is not in his prime, don´t know if he would be a starter at his current club and Bnei Yehuda offered him good money as well.

About anti semitic remarks, he could fear for his health in the pitch. I remember when he played in the Turkish league game and an Egyptian player simple made a criminal tackle trying to brake his legs. His teammates went to defend Balili, but the tackle was pure hate, it had nothing to do in stopping the ball.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:29
Rising Star

Quote:
If that's the reason he's leaving, he's a pussy.
:dielaugh:

The reason is probably that he's just not that good anymore and couldn't sign with a team. But there's a difference between getting shit on by fans because of poor performance and getting shit on because of your nationality/religion.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:38
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Theres no mention whatsoever to him leaving cause of stuff as mentioned in your post Kappa.. abit uncalled for i'd say.

Anyways we don't really know how good he is, or how bad he is, as i'm preety sure none of us(correct me if i'm wrong) watch him play for all those years he played in Turkey.

So it's gonna be a suprise to see how he is returning to the league and in what shape.. other then those who watched him play regularly, all we can do now is guess.

I think him and Yavorian will work preety good myself.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Theres no mention whatsoever to him leaving cause of stuff as mentioned in your post Kappa.. abit uncalled for i'd say.

Anyways we don't really know how good he is, or how bad he is, as i'm preety sure none of us(correct me if i'm wrong) watch him play for all those years he played in Turkey.

So it's gonna be a suprise to see how he is returning to the league and in what shape.. other then those who watched him play regularly, all we can do now is guess.

I think him and Yavorian will work preety good myself.

It has been for a while I haven`t seen him play. I know about three four years ago he was in excellent form and it was the time he was rumoured to join Fenerbahçe. But the last image I have from him was from the NT where he didn`t play very well IMO.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:10
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
About anti semitic remarks, he could fear for his health in the pitch. I remember when he played in the Turkish league game and an Egyptian player simple made a criminal tackle trying to brake his legs. His teammates went to defend Balili, but the tackle was pure hate, it had nothing to do in stopping the ball.
You can assume the worst, or you can assume that it's just the way the league is.

Referees seldom punish those sorts of challenges so they happen a lot more often than you'd like to see in Turkey. There are players who make an entire career out of being thugs.

Ex-Ajax defender Baki Mercimek for example, with proper refereeing, would probably be sent off twice every three appearances, yet would finish most matches without even a booking.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:13
ZZZ
Rising Star

That's odd, I saw him on Bnei Yehuda's wiki page like months ago.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:53 Thread Starter
Legend

Wikileaks!!!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 14:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
You can assume the worst, or you can assume that it's just the way the league is.

Referees seldom punish those sorts of challenges so they happen a lot more often than you'd like to see in Turkey. There are players who make an entire career out of being thugs.

Ex-Ajax defender Baki Mercimek for example, with proper refereeing, would probably be sent off twice every three appearances, yet would finish most matches without even a booking.
Hopefully that is the option you mentioned. But anyways, did Turkish media say anything about Balili leaving, made any comments or interview with him?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2010, 14:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
That's odd, I saw him on Bnei Yehuda's wiki page like months ago.
He was meant to join Bnei Yehuda in July for the Europa League, but something in the contract stuck negotiations.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in