Ligat Ha´Al Round 2: Beitar Jerusalem Vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 04:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Ligat Ha´Al Round 2: Beitar Jerusalem Vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv

Beitar Jerusalem hosts Maccabi Tel Aviv tommorow at Teddy and the expectations are of emotional game as both teams come from first round defeats and are trying to prove themselves to their fans.

Beitar was humbled at the Kufsa to Netanya 4-1 and already the yellow light was turned on at the club. Coach Uri Malmilian has made some changes during the week and tested different players in the starting lineup.

Probable lineup for Beitar: Harush; Reuven, Ben Yosef, Guershon, Evytar Baruchyan; Einvinder, Tal, Fernandes, Aviram Baruchyan; Ben Shushan, Tamuz.

As for Maccabi, the team is trying to rebuild itself from the honourbale elimination against PSG last Thursday. Despite winning the match (4:3), the yellows weren`t able to cut the 2:0 deficit from Paris in the first leg.

Yuval Avidor could gain a chance as a starter since Collauti is still feeling pain in his leg muscle and most likely won`t take part of the trip to the capital. Plus, the player is motivated since he got a call up for the NT clashes next week.
The great expectation is around Maor Buzaglo he is clearly not happy in being a noramlly bench player at the club. This situation made Hapoel Tel Aviv to offer him a deal and the reaction of the staff isn`t clear.
Roni Gafni who didn`t take part of the PSG game due suspension could return to the leftback position replacing Yoav Ziv that could play in midfield as well in case Nimni/Mizarahi opt to leave Buzaglo in the bench.

Probable lineup: Strauber; Saban, Strul, Pavicevic, Ziv (Gafni); Baning, Sidibe (Yeini), Medunjanin, Buzaglo (Ziv), Avidor, Atar.

Expectations for the game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 05:05
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Gershon and Ben-Yossef against Avidor, Atar, and Buzaglo? don't make me laugh

We'll win, if we don't then I don't know what to say.

But Baning isn't in the squad for this game, so it's gonna be Yeini and Sidibe, who played really great against PSG.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 05:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Gershon and Ben-Yossef against Avidor, Atar, and Buzaglo? don't make me laugh

We'll win, if we don't then I don't know what to say.

But Baning isn't in the squad for this game, so it's gonna be Yeini and Sidibe, who played really great against PSG.
Hopefully you are right and that our attacking force should confirms its edge over Beitar´s defense, but worries me is Beitar´s attack because our defense has conceded too many goals in this season beginning which is costing us some important games (Hapoel in the Toto Cup and both PSG games).

I would say Maccabi are slightly favourites for the game, but since we are talking here of a big between the teams of the "Big 4" I will say it is 50/50. Plus, the game is in Teddy.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2010, 00:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Maccabi Tel Aviv beat Beitar Jerusalem 1-0 with a fantastic goal by Harris Medunjanin and reliefs the bit the pressure over the team. As for Beitar another defeat and things aren`t going well at the capital.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2010, 02:39
Rising Star

I saw there was a brawl in the stands. Do you know the details?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2010, 04:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
I saw there was a brawl in the stands. Do you know the details?
True. Don´t know about this. But Beitar fans were protesting by the current situation and probably some from the same group argued about the issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in