Foreign players in Ligat Ha'al - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2010, 15:28 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Foreign players in Ligat Ha'al

So I was bored....

I did some counting on foreign born players in Ligat Ha'al. ( I included players like Toto Tamuz, Dele Yampolski etc.

There are a total of 79 foreign born players right now on Israeli rosters in Ligat Ha'al. Although more may be signed as the transfer window hasn't closed yet.

Of those, 31 are from Europe, 27 from Africa, and 21 From the Americas.

The country with the most players is Ghana with 10.

The countries tied for the least at one player are, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Russia, Romania, Spain, Lithuania, Ivory Coast, Mali, Bolivia, Peru, Chile.

The countries with the most players from Europe are tied at four a piece. Croatia, France and Portugal.

Argentina has the most players from the Americas with seven.

The 79 players are broken down to, 24 FW, 27 MF, 19 DF, 9 GK

Highest percentage by position.

Americas DF 42%, MF 39%, FW 15%, GK 4%

Africa, FW 37%, MF 26%, DF 19%, GK 18%

Europe, MF 39% ,FW 35%, DF 16%, GK 10%

Total MF 34%, FW 30%, DF 24 %, GK 12%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2010, 18:00
ZZZ
Rising Star

Ghana being number one is no surprise, and why do we never have any asian players in the league?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2010, 18:03
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
Ghana being number one is no surprise, and why do we never have any asian players in the league?
There are very few Asian players outside of Asia.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2010, 18:11
Rising Star

I would not count Tamuz, Bondar, or Yampulsky as being foreign players. They were raised in the Israeli football system and have lived in Israel for almost their whole lives.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2010, 04:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
So I was bored....

I did some counting on foreign born players in Ligat Ha'al. ( I included players like Toto Tamuz, Dele Yampolski etc.

There are a total of 79 foreign born players right now on Israeli rosters in Ligat Ha'al. Although more may be signed as the transfer window hasn't closed yet.

Of those, 31 are from Europe, 27 from Africa, and 21 From the Americas.

The country with the most players is Ghana with 10.

The countries tied for the least at one player are, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Russia, Romania, Spain, Lithuania, Ivory Coast, Mali, Bolivia, Peru, Chile.

The countries with the most players from Europe are tied at four a piece. Croatia, France and Portugal.

Argentina has the most players from the Americas with seven.

The 79 players are broken down to, 24 FW, 27 MF, 19 DF, 9 GK

Highest percentage by position.

Americas DF 42%, MF 39%, FW 15%, GK 4%

Africa, FW 37%, MF 26%, DF 19%, GK 18%

Europe, MF 39% ,FW 35%, DF 16%, GK 10%

Total MF 34%, FW 30%, DF 24 %, GK 12%
Golasa, nice work!!

Interesting statistics.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2010, 04:39
Forum Manager
Legend

As for the nationalities, Israel has always been a passage for many players from lower and less richer leagues for players firstly to earn money and secondly to reach a better league.

Israeli clubs go to Africa and scout players whcih they buy cheap and later sell by big money. Yakubu Ayegbeni, Enyema and Mesilela are good examples.

We had many Eastern European players, from Russia, Poland, Ukraine and from Balkanic coutries, especially Croatia. But since Russian league has money poured soon the pyramid will invert with Israeli players receiving offers and playing there, see haimovich and Natkho and Benayoun who received an offer not so long ago, but continued. Other players like Barda and Sahar were also linked in the past.

Poland and Ukraine have also increased their level and money and the exodus of their players has diminuished. That is why Israeli clubs have chosen africans, and south americans in the last couple of years.

Regarding Asian players it is a good question. We should try looking for these alternatives as well.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2010, 15:38 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Golasa, nice work!!

Interesting statistics.
Thanks, as you said there are no Asian players, I suspect that scouting isn't too developed out in Asia the way it is in Europe, S. America, and Africa.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2010, 19:05
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
a big number come from Islamic countries so thats a no go...

plus Israel has never looked into Asian Leagues before. Not like they wanna take a scout to go to Korea or Japan and find the next big thing....

We normally like players from S. America, Africa and Eastern/Central Europe. Like i said, there is some places where Israeli teams never really go for...France, Spain, Greece, USA....

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 03:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
a big number come from Islamic countries so thats a no go...

plus Israel has never looked into Asian Leagues before. Not like they wanna take a scout to go to Korea or Japan and find the next big thing....

We normally like players from S. America, Africa and Eastern/Central Europe. Like i said, there is some places where Israeli teams never really go for...France, Spain, Greece, USA....
To tell yout truth we explore these markets, but for them Israeli league it is not an attractive place to come unless they are in a lower team or didn`t have many opportunities in the previous team. Or of course, a big billionaire comes with money and brings Medunjanin and Nivaldo from Valladolid to play in Israel.

I remember Maccabi brought an American player for trials, Ben Hollingsworth and guys this showed that our times weren`t good, he wasn`t even a starter in a midtable team of the MLS or worse guess he was still in college, it was something like this.

About Asian market I remember Beitar once tried to bring Japan rightback at the time Koji Nakata, but the deal failed in the last minute. We should take more a look in Japan and South Korea.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 04:21
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
those countrys got loads of money.. I wouldn't be suprised if the people in the leagues at Japan etc earn double then what it is in the Israeli league.. thats why only the really good ones are leaving thier country.. much like with the Russian league.

I rememeber reading about that who playing in the Japanese league, forgot his name, that dude from Kfar Saba.. he made around 250-300k euro a year.

In Israel he would be lucky to make 100-150k dollar, if any.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 04:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
those countrys got loads of money.. I wouldn't be suprised if the people in the leagues at Japan etc earn double then what it is in the Israeli league.. thats why only the really good ones are leaving thier country.. much like with the Russian league.

I rememeber reading about that who playing in the Japanese league, forgot his name, that dude from Kfar Saba.. he made around 250-300k euro a year.

In Israel he would be lucky to make 100-150k dollar, if any.
What a Japanese player currently at Kfar Saba you mean?

Yes, but maybe they could get attracted since Israel plays in Europe and could be a good bridge for them to reach bigger leagues. It is tough, but not impossible IMO.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 05:03
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

No I mean that dude who used to play in Kfar Saba, Israeli, who played in the Japanese league.. forgot his name.. he's a CB.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 05:22
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
No I mean that dude who used to play in Kfar Saba, Israeli, who played in the Japanese league.. forgot his name.. he's a CB.
Don`t remember as well. Could it be Kobi Nachteiler?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 05:24
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Nop not him

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 05:25
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Oh I remembered, it was Liron Zarko... he stoped playing there tho I think he's back in Israel.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 05:31
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Oh I remembered, it was Liron Zarko... he stoped playing there tho I think he's back in Israel.
Hum, but not in Ligat Ha´Al right? Don`t remind seeing his name in none of the team rosters.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2010, 05:39
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

No idea, probebly in the 2nd devision.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in