Toto Cup Thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2010, 16:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Toto Cup Thread

So the official warm up for the season begins today. The Toto Cup has its first round and with the teams as usual testing players, formations and giving the fans a bit of football after many days in the beach

The Groups:

Group 1

Hapoel Haifa
Maccabi Haifa
Hapoel Acco
Kiriat Shmona

Group 2

Maccabi Tel Aviv
Hapoel Tel Aviv
Maccabi Netanya
Bnei Sakhnin

Group 3

Maccabi Petah Tikva
Hapoel Petah Tikva
Bnei Yehuda
Hapoel Ramat Gan

Group 4

Beitar Jerusalem
SC Ashdod
Hapoel Beer Sheva
Hapoel Ashkelon

I ask you guys, was this draw directed?? I mean we have derbies in the first three groups and if you guys notice it is a regional draw. Group 1 are all from the north, group 4 are from the south and the other two in the central region. Coincidence?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 02:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Results from the first round:

Ironi Kiriat Shmona 0-0 Hapoel Haifa
Bnei Sakhnin 2-1 Hapoel Tel Aviv
Hapoel Ramat Gan 1-3 Maccabi Petah Tikva
Bnei Yehuda 1-1 Hapoel Petah Tikva
SC Ashdod 2-1 Hapoel Beer Sheva
Hapoel Ashkelon 2-2 Beitar Jerusalem

Tommorow:

Maccabi Haifa Vs. Hapoel Acco
Maccabi Tel Aviv Vs. Maccabi Netanya
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 05:39
Rookie

Teams: Maccabi Haifa - Israel NT - Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah the draw definitely does not look random. I guess the IFA wanted to attract some interest to this competition and figured nobody would care if they messed around with it a bit.

And actually there were some pretty good games today. Dario Fernandez' scored a great volley goal in the Beitar/Ashkelon game. Good result for Ashkelon too, maybe they'll have something to offer in Ligat Ha'al.

With Ashkelon joining Ashdod and Be'er Sheva in the league, football is back BaDarom this year. All we need is for Bnei Eilat to make a rapid climb and in a few years we'll have the whole country geographically covered.

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 17:35
Rising Star

The Toto cup groups rhis year were not drawn.
They were organized based on geographical location.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 18:57 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel View Post
The Toto cup groups rhis year were not drawn.
They were organized based on geographical location.
So this answers our questions.

Thank you
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 18:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG7691 View Post
Yeah the draw definitely does not look random. I guess the IFA wanted to attract some interest to this competition and figured nobody would care if they messed around with it a bit.

And actually there were some pretty good games today. Dario Fernandez' scored a great volley goal in the Beitar/Ashkelon game. Good result for Ashkelon too, maybe they'll have something to offer in Ligat Ha'al.

With Ashkelon joining Ashdod and Be'er Sheva in the league, football is back BaDarom this year. All we need is for Bnei Eilat to make a rapid climb and in a few years we'll have the whole country geographically covered.
Not only to the south, we have the return of Kiriat Shmona in the extreme north. Guess we just needed a team representing the eastern side, let´s say close to the Golan heights. Beit Shean used to be this team.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 19:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Maccabi Haifa beat Hapoel Acco 4-1 today goals by Dvalishvili, Boccoli, Refaelov and Hemed. Roy Dayan scored for Acco.

Good test before their Europa league clash against Dinamo Minsk.
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 21:22
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Not only to the south, we have the return of Kiriat Shmona in the extreme north. Guess we just needed a team representing the eastern side, let´s say close to the Golan heights. Beit Shean used to be this team.
what abouy Ironi Tiberias? u know just thinking....what do u guys think if we haved the same system as the MLS u know teams as franchises that dont get relegated, it would be good to have teams for all over the country, we could also add Eilat and a team from dunno....maybe Hebron...Bnei Hassidim FC...!
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 22:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
what abouy Ironi Tiberias? u know just thinking....what do u guys think if we haved the same system as the MLS u know teams as franchises that dont get relegated, it would be good to have teams for all over the country, we could also add Eilat and a team from dunno....maybe Hebron...Bnei Hassidim FC...!
I particularly don`t like this MLS system.

IMO it wouldn`t work in Israel because you already have teams with solid fanbases and traditions and you can`t all of a sudden take this out. I mean football is a lot of history and tradition and the love of the fans for the club.

Of course I really hope to have all Israeli regions represented in top flight, but this shouldn`t be the path.

It worked in the US because they were trying to upgrade football in the states and make their propaganda.

Bnei Hassidim is a good one, maybe they should make the orthodox league Bnei hassidim, Elitzur Tzfat and co.

Actually there is a team called Ortodoxim Lod, not sure if they are religious who play in the league.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 22:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Just for the record, Maccabi Tel Aviv beat Netanya 2-0, goals by Collauti and Nivaldo.

Today we had a mixed team field up, with some players like Strauber, Medunjanin and Itzhaki spared.

Lineup: Solomon; Malul, Strul, Kapiloto (Nivaldo), Gafni; Yeini, Baning (Sidiba), Buzaglo (Saban), Cahlon (Ziv); Avidor, Atar (Collauti).
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2010, 23:06
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Ziv suprise me.. I like how he gives his all in the game and his nonstop running..

Baning and Sidiba though, even if they're great as defensive midfielders and presence, and probebly with Medunjanin next to them it looks better... but they can't pass the ball.. I mean they make Yeini look like Xavi next to them.

And Nivaldo is a level above this league in his position together with Da silva... worth every penny.

Daniel whens the Libertadores game btw?

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

The race is long, and in the end - it's only with yourself.
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Ziv suprise me.. I like how he gives his all in the game and his nonstop running..

Baning and Sidiba though, even if they're great as defensive midfielders and presence, and probebly with Medunjanin next to them it looks better... but they can't pass the ball.. I mean they make Yeini look like Xavi next to them.

And Nivaldo is a level above this league in his position together with Da silva... worth every penny.

Daniel whens the Libertadores game btw?
Yeah, I agree. I thought it wasn`t necessary to bring Sidiba. Baning was enough, we should have kept Jan and we still got Yeini who gives his all in the game and like you say knows how to pass a ball.

Nivaldo is surely a great central defender, finally we have a solid pair of central defenders with him and Strul.

Regarding the Libertadores the first semifinal will be held in Santiago where Universidad de Chile receives the Mexicans of Chivas after managing a great result in a first leg, a 1-1 draw. The game will be Tuesday night 21:15 (Chile time).

The other game will be Sao Paulo vs Internacional at Morumbi Stadium at 21:50 (Brazilian time) on Thursday. The tricolor lost the first leg 1-0, it is reversable, but the team isn`t playing well. It will be tough.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:44
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

kk thanks

With how Hernanes passes the ball right now, you'll win 3-0 from set pieces only lol

And yea it's really annoying.. I mean Nimni spend money only cause he can.. he could've kept Lior Jan and not buy Sidiba, and instead buy a defensive midfielder/central midfielder who can actually dictate the game and pass the ball well.

Don't waste your time on jealously; sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind.

post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:23 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
kk thanks

With how Hernanes passes the ball right now, you'll win 3-0 from set pieces only lol

And yea it's really annoying.. I mean Nimni spend money only cause he can.. he could've kept Lior Jan and not buy Sidiba, and instead buy a defensive midfielder/central midfielder who can actually dictate the game and pass the ball well.
Hernanes isn`t playing well this year. We all know he has a lot of potential, but it seems he needs a big shake to wake up. This is actually his problem, many expect him to be the player to call responsability, to dictate the game, but he many times hides in the game and that is what annoys and worries the Sao Paulo fans. Never know what Hernanes will show up and Sao Paulo will definitely need him in the return leg.

Should be a great game with a tense atmosphere.

As for the lienup of Maccabi, yeah this is just waste of money, he forgets that in the January transfer window he could have used this money as well. And they didn`t want to raise Jan´s wage:rollani:
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Oh BTW, will you watch the games? It will be 04:00 in the morning in Israel
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:46
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Oh BTW, will you watch the games? It will be 04:00 in the morning in Israel
Preety sure I will, atleast i'll try my best to

I refered mainly to the last game though, Hernanes passes/corners/free kicks were just spot on each and everytime... every set-piece was a real goal situation, especiely when Fernandao went on.

Also no idea why Miranda doesn't move to Europe yet.. he could do very well at a side like Benfica(perfect replacement to Luisao) or Porto for example.

Btw any idea why Neymar wasn't in the squad for Santos last night? I saw Ganso on the bench but fell asleep in the middle so didn't see if he entered in the end.. also Andre and Keirsson didn't play or was even on the bench..

As for Maccabi, I fear this, cause eventually it will backfire.. if Nimni treads Goldhar moneys like dirt, it will stop comming in the end and Goldhar won't be willing to spend money cause he'll say "look what happens when I give someone a free hand"...

And I mean Nimni will eventually turn this around on Goldhar and say "Oh but I wanted X and Y, and he didn't give me enough money to bring them, thats why we failed".. I don't know i'm getting ahead of myself, but this is very worrying..

post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2010, 22:16
Rising Star

Am i the only one who thinks Kobi Dajani was really good against Maccabi?
He looked like a changed man, perhaps another player Atar will upgrade?
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2010, 22:30
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Indeed he was fantastic.. but I tend not to take him seriously.. i'm sure he'll have some locker-room problems or a drastic fall ability-wise anytime soon..

I used to really rate him back in the day though.

post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2010, 02:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Preety sure I will, atleast i'll try my best to

I refered mainly to the last game though, Hernanes passes/corners/free kicks were just spot on each and everytime... every set-piece was a real goal situation, especiely when Fernandao went on.

Also no idea why Miranda doesn't move to Europe yet.. he could do very well at a side like Benfica(perfect replacement to Luisao) or Porto for example.

Btw any idea why Neymar wasn't in the squad for Santos last night? I saw Ganso on the bench but fell asleep in the middle so didn't see if he entered in the end.. also Andre and Keirsson didn't play or was even on the bench..
Yes, Hernanes has a great set pieces ability and also good vision when focused in the match. Fernandao is an intelligent player, has great vision, but he isn`t physically at his best.

As for Miranda, he used to play better. This year it seems to be he got a bit upset for not being called to the NT and play in the World Cup and that was the reason why he stayed in Sao Paulo. I believe that soon he will leave to Europe, even though he had a brief spell for Sochaux in the past. IMO, Alex Silva is currently the best defender of Sao Paulo, he has been playing simply great and certainly will catch attention of other European teams (his card belongs to Hamburg).

As for Santos, yeah their main players were spared to play this weekend because they will have this Wednesday the final of the Copa do Brasil (something like the State Cup) which gives the champion a spot in the next editions Libertadores. So if they win the game on Wednesday they will be without pressure for the remainder of the season.

Quote:
As for Maccabi, I fear this, cause eventually it will backfire.. if Nimni treads Goldhar moneys like dirt, it will stop comming in the end and Goldhar won't be willing to spend money cause he'll say "look what happens when I give someone a free hand"...

And I mean Nimni will eventually turn this around on Goldhar and say "Oh but I wanted X and Y, and he didn't give me enough money to bring them, thats why we failed".. I don't know i'm getting ahead of myself, but this is very worrying..
Yeah I understand what you mean, but I am feeling optimistic about our season. Our good results will end up erasing theses issues IMO. (Hopefully I am correct)
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2010, 22:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Second round results:

Group 1

Hapoel Haifa 1-0 Hapoel Acco
Kiriat Shmona 0-0 Maccabi Haifa

Standings:

1. Hapoel Haifa 4 points
2. Maccabi Haifa 4 points
3. Kiriat Shmona 2 points
4. Hapoel Acco 0 points

Group 2

Maccabi Netanya 2-1 Hapoel Tel Aviv
Bnei Sakhnin 1-1 Maccabi Tel Aviv

Standings:

1. Maccabi Tel Aviv 4 points
2. Bnei Sakhnin 4 points
3. Maccabi Netanya 3 points
4. Hapoel Tel Aviv 0 points

Group 3

Hapoel Petah Tikva 0-2 Maccabi Petah Tikva
Bnei Yehuda 3-1 Hapoel Ramat Gan

Standings:

1. Maccabi Petah Tikva 6 points
2. Bnei Yehuda 4 points
3. Hapoel Petah Tikva 1 point
4. Hapoel Ramat gan 0 point

Group 4

Beitar Jerusalem 0-0 Hapoel Beer Sheva
SC Ashdod 2-0 Hapoel Ashkelon

Standings:

1. SC Ashdod 6 points
2. Beitar Jerusalem 2 points
3. Hapoel Beer Sheva 1 point
4. Hapoel Ashkelon 1 point

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in