Israeli Premier League 2010/2011 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will claim the Israeli Premier League this season?
Hapoel Tel Aviv 4 40.00%
Maccabi Haifa 2 20.00%
Maccabi Tel Aviv 3 30.00%
Beitar Jerusalem 1 10.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 139 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2010, 04:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Israeli Premier League 2010/2011

So guys we already have a preview of what we could expect of the teams this season with the European campaigns beginning and the other teams in their training camps while the transfers still on their way.

Maccabi Tel Aviv have signed many good players like Medunjanin and Itzhaki and promise to challenge for the title and retain the crown after 8 years. Hapoel has kept the almost all of its players and with the possible arrival of Ben Sahar it will certainly be even stronger than last season. Maccabi Haifa expect to restore their hegemonic period in Israeli football after seeing it slipping through their fingers with Avi Luzons kizuz. Beitar lost some players and have hired former legend Uri Malmilian to guide them this season. Other teams such as Bnei yehuda who have qualified for Europe for two straight season and has hired Dror Kashtan and Hapoel beer Sheva are teams that certainly have the potential to surprise.
We should have a very interesting season and with a lot of entertainment.

Who do you guys bet for the title?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 139 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2010, 07:45
Rising Star

To me its between Hapoel and Haifa. I just don't see Maccabi winning a title. Maybe its because I remember 5 years ago they had that "Galacticos" squad that did nothing.

Im going with Haifa because they have more depth than any team and in April and May, it will be important when players get injured are tired.
post #3 of 139 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2010, 18:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

I voted for Maccabi Tel Aviv. Of course I support them and this should be a good reason to vote for them

But I voted because differently from the "Galacticos I" this team was well built. Have a good mixture of experienced players and younger ones and still have homegrown players in the team. We have a balanced team, players that could decide a match at any moment. If someone manmarks Buzaglo we have Medunjanin, if both of them are in a bad day, Itzhaki could do the magic and if not Atar comes from the bench to make it different. Defense has a good pair with Nivaldo and Strul and Strauber for our league standards is a good keeper.

Maccabi Haifa has been the best Israeli team in the last years with all merits and shouldn`t be ruled out of title chase and Hapoel as the current champions and with the maintanence of pratically all the players are serious candidates. It will be a very tough season and it promises to be very balanced and with a lot of quality.

I see other teams that could make it hard for the previous three. Beitar is not in a good financial situation, but if you look at the squad they have good players, fanatical fans and tradition. Plus, a coach that has a history in the club and has proved to be a good coach. I believe Hapoel Beer Sheva will also give a good season, especially with Nir Klinger as their coach. I would say the same for Bnei Yehuda.

We should have a very entertaining season.

post #4 of 139 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2010, 21:09
ZZZ
Rising Star

It's going to be hard to top last season, it was about as entertaining as you could get, I think this will most likely be a 3 horse race, between Hapoel, Maccabi and Maccabi Haifa.
post #5 of 139 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2010, 21:38
Premier Player

I'd say I have to give Hapoel Tel-Aviv the advantage, because they're squad has been longer together than Maccabi TA's. They have more chemistry, plus they added a few good players. Before the Kizuz last season, Hapoel was about 20 points ahead of Maccabi, so it will be close. Hapoel Ftw and don't forget Haifa. I like Beitar to finish fourth...
post #6 of 139 (permalink) Old July 19th, 2010, 03:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golasa12 View Post
I'd say I have to give Hapoel Tel-Aviv the advantage, because they're squad has been longer together than Maccabi TA's. They have more chemistry, plus they added a few good players. Before the Kizuz last season, Hapoel was about 20 points ahead of Maccabi, so it will be close. Hapoel Ftw and don't forget Haifa. I like Beitar to finish fourth...
I hope the big 4 manage to reach Europe since they are the teams that could represent us better and give the home atmosphere at best.

Guess this is a good possibility this season.
post #7 of 139 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2010, 02:08
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Hey guys! Had a question, do you know if any games will be played in Jerusalem on the weekend of 8/10-11 or in Tel Aviv tue. 8/13? Thanks
post #8 of 139 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2010, 03:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
Hey guys! Had a question, do you know if any games will be played in Jerusalem on the weekend of 8/10-11 or in Tel Aviv tue. 8/13? Thanks
Israel was scheduled to play Ivory Coast on August 11th in Tel Aviv, but the game was cancelled. If I am not mistaken Israel has arranged another friendly for the same date, but better confirm this.
post #9 of 139 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2010, 05:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

The league hasn`t started, but we have already the first dismissed coach. Yuval Naim was meant to be Bnei Sakhnin´s coach this season, but after harsh discussions with some members of the board he was dismissed. Have you guys heard more things about this? It is strange. It reminds me a bit of Ton Caanen when joined Netanya and then left after two weeks or even less.
post #10 of 139 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2010, 18:10
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
mmmmmmmmm odd....
so when does the season start?

My vote goes to Beitar cause....

But i do think MTA has a good chance this season...so does Hapoel Tel Aviv because they have been really strong and have a well rounded team with good chemistry as we saw in Europe!

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #11 of 139 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2010, 18:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
mmmmmmmmm odd....
so when does the season start?

My vote goes to Beitar cause....

But i do think MTA has a good chance this season...so does Hapoel Tel Aviv because they have been really strong and have a well rounded team with good chemistry as we saw in Europe!
The league starts next weekend.

Yeah, before the beginning of the season Hapoel and Maccabi Tel Aviv are the favourites, but it would be a mistake to underestimate Maccabi Haifa in this fight as well.
post #12 of 139 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2010, 18:21
Legend

The PL already form?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #13 of 139 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2010, 18:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
The PL already form?
Check the Prediction league thread:smileani:
post #14 of 139 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2010, 05:11
Legend

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #15 of 139 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2010, 05:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Ok guys I made little resume of the Ligat Ha´Al teams. It is a bit sloppy and of course very simple, but it is just to make the Israeli league get a start here in xtratime.
post #16 of 139 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2010, 05:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

HAPOEL ASHKELON

Titles:
--------------------------------------------

None
Seasons in European Competition: 0

Last Season: 2nd place in Liga Leumit (promoted)

Stadium: Sala

Capacity: 10,000

Coach: Guy Azuri

Keepers:

Tzahi Gigi, Lior Hadrian

Defenders and Sidebacks:

Yaniv Elul, Yossi Biton, Majed Younes, Yehu Nyarko (GHA), Tal Machluf, Adir Tubul, Kobi Moussa, Iv Paz

Midfielders:

Amie Taga, Mohamed Abas, Daniel Unger, Shai Fatlak, Snir Gueta, Zurab Menteashvili (GEO), Eric Nyarko (GHA), Stephen Ahorlu (GHA), Tzah Zelinger, Or Alawa

Forwards and Strikers:

Hanan Fedida, Eran Levi, Eric Gawu (GHA), Darko Lubric (CRO)

Preview:

After 12 years away Hapoel Ashkelon returns for the second time of their history to Israeli top flight after finishing second place in Liga Leumit. The southerners have aimed their goal in keeping themselves next season in the division rather than higher flights, but they will have to do so with a modified team from last season. Coach Uri Malmilian left for Beitar Jerusalem and in his place came Guy Azouri. Some players who had a main role in promotion last season left the team such Ran Kojuk, Shuki Nagar, Omri Ron, Yehiel Tzagay, Bryan Man and others. Despite important losses the Ashkelon fans look optimistic with signings such as Eran Levi who had a very good season with Hapoel Haifa, recently called up by Luis Fernandez to the NT Adir Tubul and Amie Taga could become good names for the team. Georgian defensive midfielder Zurab Menteashvili came from Hapoel Tel Aviv and certainly will add good experience to midfield.
If things work well and Guy Azouri manages to gel up the team it is possible for Ashkelon to dream with a bit more of only saving themselves from relegation.

Media Prediction: lower playoff/midtable playoff

Last edited by berko; August 20th, 2010 at 06:14.
post #17 of 139 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2010, 05:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

IRONI KIRIAT SHMONA

Titles:--------------------------------------------

1 Toto Cup (Leumit)

1 Liga Leumit

1 Liga Alef
Seasons in European Competition: 1

Last Season: 1st place in Liga Leumit (promoted)

Stadium: Municipal of Kiriat Shmona

Capacity: 5,200

Coach: Ran ben Shimon

Keepers:

Guy Haimov, Dani Amos

Defenders and Sidebacks:

Shir Tzedek, Din Maimoni, Barak Bachar, Ran Kojuk, Yaniv Levi, Ori Shitrit, Tomer Brooks, Adi Gabay, Adi Elisha

Midfielders:

Adrain Rochet, William Njovu (ZAM), Brian Grzicich (USA), Ofir Hemo, Ben Ozan, Elroy Cohen, Salah Hasarmah, Nenad Savic (SRB)

Forwards and Strikers:

Wiam Amasha, Barak Badash, Tomer Swissa, Zoran Baldovaliev (MKD), Shlomi Avisdaris,

Preview:

Kiriat Shmona led most of the season of Liga Leumit and with justice were crowned champions and consequently promoted to Ligat Ha´Al. A team that in a space that of three years tasted glory with an historic debut in top flight and the following year a participation in Europa League had a surprising fall being relegated one season after and now returns with the coach that was credited for their previous success: Ran ben Shimon. The team kept the base of last season and brought in some reinforcements such Guy Haimov as keeper, Bryan Grzecich in midfield, Ori Shitrit as the leftback and Barak Badash (known as the Israeli Ibrahimovic) as forward. The expectations are for stability and keeping the team at top flight, but the fans still have fresh in their minds the third place of three years ago and the European participation and will dream of more. If Ran ben Shimon manages to keep the team organized (their main virtue) the northerners could surprise.

Media Prediction: midtable playoffs/lower playoffs
post #18 of 139 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2010, 05:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

HAPOEL RAMAT GAN

Titles:

1 Israeli League

1 State Cup

1 Liga Artzit

3 Toto Cup (Artzit)
Seasons in European Competition: 1

Last Season: 14th place

Stadium: Winter Stadium (Ha Mackhtesh Stadium is the clubs stadium, but it is not approved for Ligat Ha´Al standards)

Capacity: 8,000

Coach: Shlomi Dora

Keepers:

Itay Arkin (yes I know only one keeper in the squad. Checked different sources, but couldn`t find updates)

Defenders and Sidebacks:

Eli Levi, Yakir Shina, Elin Topuzakov (BUL), Uri Bibi, Pablo Buendia (ESP), Lior Bakshi, Tamir Ben Ami, Hezi Delmoni, Amir Cochavi

Midfielders:

Hai Ben Lulu, Tamir For, Idan Srur, Omer Boksenboim, Gal Levi, Dimitar Telkiyski (BUL), Uba Baron, Amit Kamkhazi, Claudio Ribeiro (BRA), Lidor Cohen

Forwards and Strikers:

Ophir Haim, Carlos Chacana, Liron Dimant, Tamir Rabah, Krum Bibshkov (BUL)

Preview:
Hapoel Ramat Gan had a very tough season and were nearly relegated. During the year many players dismissed internal fights and in the summer the team was almost relegated and even a possible merge with historic rival Hakoach Ramat Gan. But the team recovered financially as some money was pumped in the club and the team has hired Shlomi Dora as coach who has done a good job in a long term project with Hapoel Haifa. Decent players for our local league have joined the team as well such as Omer Bokseboim, Idan Srur and Carlos Chacana. But what have agitated the club was the arrival of the Bulgarian duo Topuzakov and Telkyiski who had a good spell two years ago with Hapoel Tel Aviv and now will have the mission to restore Ramat Gan´s pride. If Shlomi Dora manages to make these players play as a team the fans could be calmed down and dream with higher achievements.

Media Prediction: lower playoff

Last edited by berko; August 20th, 2010 at 06:16.
post #19 of 139 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2010, 05:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

HAPOEL PETAH TIKVA

Titles:

6 Israeli Leagues

2 State Cup

4 Toto Cup

1 Toto Cup (Leumit)
Seasons in European Competition: 2

Last Season: 13th place

Stadium: Ha Urva (recently demolished, new stadium to be constructed in its place) The team will host its matches this season at Ramat Gan National Stadium which has capacity for 42,000 crowd).

Capacity: 6,700

Coach: Eli Mahpud

Keepers:

Austin Ajide (NIG), William Amamoo (GHA), Snir Dori, Tom Kashti

Defenders and Sidebacks:

Gal Cohen, Emmanuel Mathias (TOG), Daniel Addo (GHA), Hamudi Brick, Amiram Shkalim, Nissan Elkalay, Ayad Huytaba

Midfielders:

Guy Tzarfati, Guy Dayan, Junior Viza (PER), Jonathan Assous, Israel Zaguri, Rafi Dahan, Alon Turgeman

Forwards and Strikers:

Shachar Baliti, Ohad Kadusi, Dudu Biton, Or Fishbein, Armon ben Naim, Mohamed Nator

Preview:

The traditional side from Petah Tikva has for many years now been away from good performances and results. Looking today it is difficult to imagine that Hapoel Petah Tikva in the beginning of the State of Israel dominated local scenario with Maccabi Tel Aviv. Coach Eli Mahpud who played all his career for the club will have the tough task to restore this pride which he knows it is big. He was a player of the last great generation that played at the club that included a participation in the title of the State Cup in 1992. This season after finally some financial stability the club wasn´t able to bring big signings, but at least kept some young prospects such as Arnon Ben Naim and Shachar Baliti. Experienced players such as Guy Tzarfati, Ohad Kadusi and Jonathan Assous will have the mission to lead the team and young talents who have joined from other clubs such as Israel Zaguri who came from Maccabi Haifa and Junior Viza from Beitar Jerusalem.

Media Prediction
: Lower playoff

Last edited by berko; August 20th, 2010 at 06:17.
post #20 of 139 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2010, 05:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

HAPOEL ACCO

Titles:

1 Liga Leumit
Seasons in European Competition: 0

Last Season: 12th place

Stadium: Municipal of Acco (Stadium not adequate for Ligat Ha´Al standards. Team hosted last season at Green Stadium in Nazrath Illit and this season they are still to decide the venue.

Capacity: 4,000 (Green Stadium)

Coach: Eli Cohen

Keepers:

Dudu Goresh, Shlomi Tach

Defenders and Sidebacks:

Geva Barkai, Itsik Cohen, Rafi Sarusi, Dimako Fidelis (NIG), Eli Erlich, Ran Kojuk, Shimon Harush, Jonny Tenenbaum,

Midfielders:

Shachar Simantov, Roy Levi, Ibrahim Abdul Razak (GHA), Liad Elmaliach, Ben Binyamin, Amram Brik, Kevin Reinstein, Elior Sider

Forwards and Strikers:

Roy Dayan, Shlomi Edri, Oshri Gita, Izik Obodo (GHA), Omri Elmakias, Djako Arafat (TOG), Mohamed Kalibat, Nikolas Filpchuk

Preview:

Hapoel Acco managed to keep itself at top flight last season with certain difficulty and fought until the last round. The team had some good displays, but this didn´t illude the fans and especially after a quiet summer at Acco. Few signings and reinforcements will probably mean another struggle this season and coach Eli Cohen will have hard time to take the team the winning ways. For the superstitious Cohen was part of Raanana´s campaign last season which led them to relegation. What could help the team achieve better results is that most of the squad was kept and experienced players such Itsik Cohen and Shachar Simantov who are fore several years at the club could provide the necessary tranquility. But still Hapoel Acco according to most pundits are one of the hot candidates for relegation or at least for the promotion/relgation playoff with Liga Leumit third place.

Media Prediction: Lower playoff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in