Dekel Keinan moves to Blackpool! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2010, 19:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Dekel Keinan moves to Blackpool!

Good central defender and one of fan favourites Dekel Keinan has agreed to join Blackpool from England and will be the second Israeli central defender in the Premier League after Tal ben Haim.

Keinan has the mental toughness and quality to be there, he is also strong physcially and this should help him to succeed, but on the hand will he be able to cope with the high tempo of English game?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2010, 05:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Now that Teixeira left with Keinan there won`t be too much time left for replacements. Haifa will need urgently to sign a foreigner or rely on its current squad.

Arik Benado returned, but as we all know he is far from his golden days and Shai Maimon was already in advanced talks with Hapoel Beer Sheva and Beitar Jerusalem. Will the departure of Keinan make him stay?

I think Benado and Maimon as a pair in central defense wouldn`t be bad, but it certainly wouldn`t too solid to rely on.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2010, 16:05
Rising Star

Teams: Israel, Beitar Jerusalem
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Now that Teixeira left with Keinan there won`t be too much time left for replacements. Haifa will need urgently to sign a foreigner or rely on its current squad.

Arik Benado returned, but as we all know he is far from his golden days and Shai Maimon was already in advanced talks with Hapoel Beer Sheva and Beitar Jerusalem. Will the departure of Keinan make him stay?

I think Benado and Maimon as a pair in central defense wouldn`t be bad, but it certainly wouldn`t too solid to rely on.
Apperantly they're trying to sign Hungarian International Krisztian Vermes. He plays for Ujpest FC but was loaned out to dutch team Sparta Rotterdam for the 2008-2009 season. According to the Dutch he wasn't better than descent in the eredivisie, but I guess this will make him good enough for Israeli league standard. I don't know but if he is as good as Texeira I don't think the central defenders will be much worse than last season.

Btw anyone know if this Taleb Twatiha kid is good?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2010, 02:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSahar View Post
Apperantly they're trying to sign Hungarian International Krisztian Vermes. He plays for Ujpest FC but was loaned out to dutch team Sparta Rotterdam for the 2008-2009 season. According to the Dutch he wasn't better than descent in the eredivisie, but I guess this will make him good enough for Israeli league standard. I don't know but if he is as good as Texeira I don't think the central defenders will be much worse than last season.

Btw anyone know if this Taleb Twatiha kid is good?
Shai Maimon is better. Actually Taleb plays more as a leftback, at least when he came some games last season.

Well, Benado and Maimon for our leagus standard could cope with the pressure, but don`t know if in Europe would be good. About Vermes, never saw him play so I am going with your summary:smileani:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2010, 01:02
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Blackpool or Blackburn?!?!?

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2010, 02:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Blackpool or Blackburn?!?!?
Blackpool. They have recently promoted to the Premier League.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2010, 04:01
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
Daniel is right , Taleb never played a CB, if you seen him you could understand why aswell , he's a leftback, preety decent one too.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2010, 14:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Daniel is right , Taleb never played a CB, if you seen him you could understand why aswell , he's a leftback, preety decent one too.
Exactly. he doesn´t have the physical attributes for a central defender.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2010, 05:49
Rising Star

Teams: Israel, Beitar Jerusalem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanko 05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Exactly. he doesn´t have the physical attributes for a central defender.
Oh I see, thanks for the explanation But he is very young isn't he? I was curious how big of a talent he is, if at all?

Quote:
I don't think the central defenders will be much worse than last season.
Clarification: Haifa arguably had the best defence last season so I meant, especially with the addition of Canuto, this should be the case even this year. Maybe if they can keep masilela, canuto lives up to his expectations, maimon & otman is doing their job, haifas secret weapon this season might just be a solid defence.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2010, 06:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Oh I see, thanks for the explanation But he is very young isn't he? I was curious how big of a talent he is, if at all?
Well, I don`t think he is a possble candidate to the NT if that is what you imagine, but for the Israeli league standards he is a good player. Maybe a style of Eliran Danin in terms of potential.

Quote:
Clarification: Haifa arguably had the best defence last season so I meant, especially with the addition of Canuto, this should be the case even this year. Maybe if they can keep masilela, canuto lives up to his expectations, maimon & otman is doing their job, haifas secret weapon this season might just be a solid defence.
Indeed. They will be under severe observation and the doubtfull eyes of the fans and media, but as you said they have potential to be a solid defense.
BTW, the hardcore fans of Haifa are always making boos for Benado. They call him mercenary and that they still hasn`t forgotten his "treason" when he left for Beitar four years ago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in