What will happen to the "Galacticos II"? - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What will happen to the Galacticos II?
Succeed 4 100.00%
Fail 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 17:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
What will happen to the "Galacticos II"?

Maccabi Tel Aviv began today their first training of the season with all of its previously announced signings at Kiriat Shalom. Maccabi was by far the team that most invested and promises to challenge for the title. Quality players like Barak Itzhaki and Eliran Atar were purchased adding to the likes of Buzaglo could be a lethal team.

But many are suspicious as history has shown that the previously Galacticos team built in 2005 with Nimni, Berkovic, Rosso and co. failed by far and couldn`t take Maccabi not even for a title challenge and a very poor European campaign. Could this be a repeat? Will Maccabi finally win the title after 8 year drought?

What will happen to the Galacticos II?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 17:57
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
we WILL SUCCED its time for the king of Israel to come back...!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2010, 18:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Well I am honestly beginning to get worried. Media fuss and pressure, when this happens, especially in Israel it is not a good sign.

We have indeed signed great players, Atar, Collauti and Itzhaki upfront are an intimidating force, but guess we have just signed too much, forgot about the homegrown players that led the team to a respectable third place. We needed of course reinforcements and to be honest I would say we only needed a lethal striker and a central defender, but the transfers were made and it can`t be reversed.

So what we have of incomings confirmed:

Roberto Collauti ST
Barak Itzhaki FW
Eliran Atar FW
Yoav Ziv DL
Klemi Saban DR

Incomings still to sign:

Nivaldo DC
Haris Medunjanin MC

Outgoings confirmed:

Ronald Raldes DC
Emanuel Mayuke FW
Yuval Shpungin DR
Yossi Shivhon MC
Ori Shitrit DL
Andrej Komac MC

Outgoungs to be confirmed:

Ivica Iliev AM

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old June 15th, 2010, 21:44
Premier Player

I think they will have some measure of success, after all they finished third last season and they're going to have a completely new squad with "better" players. Is success finishing in second or is it a championship? What about success in the Europa League? I think anything less than a championship is a failure. Goldhar has spent a tremendous amount of money for Israeli standards, and its the biggest spending spree since Beitar had a wage bill of 30 Million USD.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2010, 00:04
The one who was Bella
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: INTER
I am quite sure, as much as I appear to be pessimistic due to Nimni rotations, that the old Galactico outcome will not reapear.

We will do good, cause we are a much better team.

The old Galactico was just players with no intentions of anything, and lacking in some department.

This squad you can see, was built carefully, you could see a thought behind every player that came in.

What part I disagree on is how we literly brought a substitution to every position, and not your everyday sub, but an expensive and capable(some might argue,cough, saban, cough), and that in my opinion can cause problems if you can't maintaine everyone happy, as we know players in our leagues can use the media in order to ruin the club from within.. I mean I know it works with teams such as Inter for example, and people accept thier roles, but it will be intresting to see if it would work in Maccabi and if Nimni could actually keep the people who thought they came as starters but actually became bench players on a leesh and keep the harmony of the team intact.

The only good part about this story is, Nimni is so in controll of this team and the fans, that he can single out those guys and take care of this stuff and solve it in a much better manner then any other manager in the league.

But all in all, I honestly don't see a position we're 'lacking' in, that is if Lior Jan stays, cause even if the new CB sucks Jan got his back.

We're more then solid in every department, and every player we bought had a clear intention, with, in my opinion atleast, a clear formation in mind to fit all these guys in.

I think we're gonna do good, and we might even do great, but that diffrence will be set during the league.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old June 16th, 2010, 02:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Definitely Stanko the main part that Maccabi will have to deal with is like you said the ego problems, Maccabi has brought in subs that are capable of being starters in any team in the league and it will be tough to keep them motivated and happy all season long at the bench. We all know Buzaglo has great technique and is different, but he usually causes problems in the team (or better saying his father polemic interviews) and it could be on a long term during the season a real problem

But indeed we have a solid team and could win every competition we enter. The main difference from this Galacticos to the previous one is that the players we signed are younger and still eager to prove themselves and not star players in their late stage of career.

I would classify success to win the title or at least fight until the last round for it, something that Maccabi doesn`t manage to do for a long time. Depending on the draw I would say success in Europe means to at least reach the Europa League Group Stage.

I voted for success of course since I am a Maccabi Tel Aviv fan, but it will only happen if Nimni doesn`t interfere too much and we don`t have internal fights.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2010, 04:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

After a convincing 2-1 win over a tricky SC Ashdod side away I could say Maccabi Tel Aviv are not playing around this season. Currently we are the best Israeli team and we have all the conditions to challenge for the title.

This is more or less my initial expectations for Maccabi differently from the "Galacticos I" this time they build up a team.

Medunjanin and Buzaglo together in midfield is something simply awesome, Dor Malul must be called for the NT and upfront Eliran Atar in great form.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in