Mishak haOna: Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Tel Aviv - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will the Game of the Season?
Maccabi Haifa 0 0%
Draw 2 100.00%
Hapoel Tel Aviv 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2010, 16:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Mishak haOna: Maccabi Haifa vs Hapoel Tel Aviv

Vs

The time has come for the great game of the season and the one that most likely could decide the title. the two best teams in country face to face at Kiriat Eliezer who will receive a packed house.

Who will win the Mishak haOna?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2010, 16:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

At Maccabi Haifa Elisha Levi already tested some formations for the game against Hapoel and the one that he most likely will use is without Shlomi Arbeitman. This means that the talented goalscorer, that has the tally of 27 goals this season is regarded to be a second half option for the greens.

IMO, a mistake by Elisha Levy. It is understandable that it is an important game and Hapoel needs desperately the win and the draw is not bad for Haifa, but anyways Hapoel is a dangerous team as we all know and if you retreat too much you could pay the price.

Dvalishvili is not the player to push counter attacks, if this is the intention.

The probable lineup from what we have seen from practices:

Davidovich; Meshumar, Keinan, Maimon, Mesilela; Culma, Boccoli, Refaelov, Katan, Golasa; Dvalishvili.

What do you guys think? SHould Arbeitman start?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2010, 16:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Meanwhile at Hapoel Tel Aviv, Dedi Ben Dayan is doubtful for the match. In the match against Bnei Yehuda the leftback left the pitch with pain on his thigh.

One player that won´t take part of the game is defensive midfielder Zurab Menteashvili who was sent off. Gutman tested Eran Zehavi is his place and this would open space for Daniel De Ridder, who scored the winner last match, to start.

Hapoel needs to win, Zehavi to play in a more defensive role is risky, but Gutman is a very good coach and knows what he is doing. Zehavi will play more less in the role that Natkho had, coming to get the ball from the defenders and have a better quality in the intial plays.

Now that Haifa will probably field only one striker it could be an interesting option.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2010, 19:44
Premier Player

Hapoel is sure to lose several players to Europe in the cucumber season, if they can keep De Ridder that will be key to their success next year.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2010, 23:16 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
Hapoel is sure to lose several players to Europe in the cucumber season, if they can keep De Ridder that will be key to their success next year.
IMO the loss of Natkho was key. He was the brain of this team, the most important player IMO.

Of ocurse, Shechter and Vermut are different players that give creativity and technique much above the rest of the league. If Hapoel loses them it will be tough to replace.

Many scouts will be attending this game, after Shechter, Vermut and Da Silva.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2010, 04:30
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
IMO the loss of Natkho was key. He was the brain of this team, the most important player IMO.

Of ocurse, Shechter and Vermut are different players that give creativity and technique much above the rest of the league. If Hapoel loses them it will be tough to replace.

Many scouts will be attending this game, after Shechter, Vermut and Da Silva.
I don't think they will find a decent replacement for Natcho, maybe Abutbul and Yadin will be the midfield pair, or they could bring someone else in.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2010, 15:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
I don't think they will find a decent replacement for Natcho, maybe Abutbul and Yadin will be the midfield pair, or they could bring someone else in.
Abutbul is a good player and was regarded as a "future Abuksis" when he started at the team and was really on high form before his serious injury.

Ever since he hasn`t played the same from his prime, but little by little is regaining confidence and like you say could be a good pairing with Yadin in midfield. Just believe that Hapoel would have to change a bit its style because of this change.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2010, 15:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

As for the game, in todays practice Eli Gutman tested a formation with Zehavi alongside Yadin in defensive midfield, while De Ridder and Vermut responsible for the creative part. Maharan Lala is expected to start alongside Shechter upfront.

Meanwhile Haifa may have a serious blow for Monday. Dekel Keinan injured himself in practice today and is in doubt for the title clash.
Portuguese defender Jorge Teixeira is suspended and only Shai Maimon currently would be a natural central defender available.

Is Haifa feeling the pressure?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2010, 00:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Keinan and Ben Dayan had full training today and unless any syrprises happen will field up for the game.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2010, 20:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Hapoel Tel Aviv beat Maccabi Haifa 1-0 and have assumed the first spot. Sometimes you need luck, Haifa were playing better until they suffered a counterattack in a great ball by Vermut who gave assist to Maharan Lala.

Hapoel could congratulate Avi Luzon if they win the title, but let´s not forget that both teams still play Beitar and Maccabi and they could lose points.

The title is still open, but Hapoel have proved their strength.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2010, 21:02
Rising Star

Teams: Israel, Beitar Jerusalem
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:frustrat:

Despite some matches left I am pretty sure Hapoel will be crowned champions... :depress:
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2010, 21:04
Rising Star

Teams: Israel, Beitar Jerusalem
By the way how come I never have seen any Hapoel fans here? They're a really big club so..
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2010, 08:59
ZZZ
Rising Star

If Hapeol Tel Aviv win the title, then the play-offs are going to be scrapped, I just know it, and I saw a couple of fan here, mostly during Hapoel`s European run.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2010, 14:21
Premier Player

I agree with ZZZ, they might scrap the playoffs if Hapoel wins the title because, Haifa without the playoffs would still be several points ahead. So It could be controversial if Hapoel wins the title. I think Hapoel would be a good team to represent us for the Champions League, but we'll see what happens.

Also, Shechter has not impressed me in any of the big games that Hapoel has played.

Last edited by Golasa12; April 27th, 2010 at 14:28.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2010, 16:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Even if Haifa manages to win the title this playoff system should be erased, at least the part of halving the points.

Hapoel showed a lot of strength and like you guys said will be a good representative for us in the Champions League

Regarding Hapoel fans, from the so called Big 4 in Israel they are the team that have less fans and this gap tends to increase when we talk about the diaspora, since most of our posters here live outside Israel.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2010, 17:20
Rookie

Hey everyone,

Fun match between Hapoel and Haifa. I'm living in Haifa right now, and I watched the match at a bar. I was a lonely red in a sea of green. But It had a great time, and I found another Hapoel fan so we kind of huddled together.

Haifa obviously got more chances on Hapoel's net than the opposite, but in the end Hapoel comes away with the victory. I don't think anything is shut though, as both Maccabi and Beitar will try their very best to take points away from their rivals in red.

PS I read the forum quite often, but don't usually bring myself to post. I did this time just to show you guys that we Hapoel fans do exist
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2010, 19:49
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
I dont like both teams but prefer Hapoel

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2010, 22:55
Premier Player

Well Hapoel plays more attractively than Haifa usually, although Haifa outplayed Hapoel in that game. I'm surprised Vrucina didn't play more in the game, but I guess he hasn't integrated in with the team yet.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2010, 23:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HapoelTA View Post
Hey everyone,

Fun match between Hapoel and Haifa. I'm living in Haifa right now, and I watched the match at a bar. I was a lonely red in a sea of green. But It had a great time, and I found another Hapoel fan so we kind of huddled together.

Haifa obviously got more chances on Hapoel's net than the opposite, but in the end Hapoel comes away with the victory. I don't think anything is shut though, as both Maccabi and Beitar will try their very best to take points away from their rivals in red.

PS I read the forum quite often, but don't usually bring myself to post. I did this time just to show you guys that we Hapoel fans do exist
Yeah nice to see you around, nice to see you read the forum as well. Hopefully you will get to post more often and be the representative for Hapoel Tel Aviv here at xtratime.

Hapoel played more attractive football than Maccabi Haifa throughout most of the season, but on the critical game they played a typical Hapoel Tel Aviv historic way: counterattacks, tight defense and a 1-0 win. Plus, the best tactician coach in league Eli Gutman have all the merits for this campaign.

The championship is still open, Hapoel faces Maccabi and Beitar, but their motivation and confidence is sky high.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in