The Battle for Europe: Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Beitar Jerusalem - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win the next match?
Maccabi Tel Aviv 1 33.33%
Draw 0 0%
Beitar Jerusalem 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2010, 21:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
The Battle for Europe: Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Beitar Jerusalem

This match could decide the fate of both clubs and maybe the most important game of the season for the two giants.

Maccabi comes from a win against the very same Beitar at Teddy 1-0 after a seven game drought. The victory was important to boost the players and give an extra motivation for for the last rounds which will keep Maccabi in a fight for a third place spot which guarantees Europe.

Beitar has the same goal and what appeared to be a last breathe run from Amsalem and his boys has now become a fearful ending. The team comes from two league games without winning and recently lost to Hapoel Tel Aviv in the Quarter finals of the State Cup which puts extra pressure for a positive result in Bloomfield against Maccabi.

The game should be very interesting and well fought.

Who do you guys think will take it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2010, 22:47
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Cant say i support MTA but would like to see both Beitar and Maccabi...

question is.... would Buzaglo play finally in Europe and shine?

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2010, 04:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Cant say i support MTA but would like to see both Beitar and Maccabi...

question is.... would Buzaglo play finally in Europe and shine?
I too would like to see both in Europe. Beitar has so much potential to represent Israel well, best stadium, the best home atmosphere, talented and young team etc....too bad they didn´t advance in the State Cup wanted them to win it.

But now it is between Maccabi and Beitar and I as a yellow and blue fan would love to see our team return to Europe. And we have a chance to do well, especially keeping the base of this season and singing in key players such as Collauti, Ziv and who knows Alberman as well.

As for Buzaglo, if his father stop messing up with his head and career he will certainly shine. He has everything to reach success.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2010, 06:22
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
I too would like to see both in Europe. Beitar has so much potential to represent Israel well, best stadium, the best home atmosphere, talented and young team etc....too bad they didn´t advance in the State Cup wanted them to win it.
I dont feel that Teddy Stadium is European Material. Its new and nice, big and bright....but still...missing so many things...

For one, its hard to get to the stadium with transportation. Once there...its hard to get back cause of the traffic and the police closure of roads.

Another thing is that its right in the middle or the end of Jerusalem in some cases..i dont know how to explain it..... if you look on the other side of the stadium..it feels like it's a dead end of some sort..that after that becomes the west bank.
The train station that works there is literally defuncts since its every 2 hours. I remember i went there boiling outside waiting for the train to come with no luck in site.

Inside the stadium there is no concession stands...unless you count the people who put up a plastic table and offer coke and these bread sticks and they usually tip over cause everyone is hungry in half time....

So much complaints..... :frustrat:

Quote:
But now it is between Maccabi and Beitar and I as a yellow and blue fan would love to see our team return to Europe. And we have a chance to do well, especially keeping the base of this season and singing in key players such as Collauti, Ziv and who knows Alberman as well.

As for Buzaglo, if his father stop messing up with his head and career he will certainly shine. He has everything to reach success.
They got a good team to start with. Beitar is IMO going back to the Shum days of the season and hasnt impressed me in the last 2 mathces both state and league games

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2010, 18:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
I dont feel that Teddy Stadium is European Material. Its new and nice, big and bright....but still...missing so many things...

For one, its hard to get to the stadium with transportation. Once there...its hard to get back cause of the traffic and the police closure of roads.

Another thing is that its right in the middle or the end of Jerusalem in some cases..i dont know how to explain it..... if you look on the other side of the stadium..it feels like it's a dead end of some sort..that after that becomes the west bank.
The train station that works there is literally defuncts since its every 2 hours. I remember i went there boiling outside waiting for the train to come with no luck in site.

Inside the stadium there is no concession stands...unless you count the people who put up a plastic table and offer coke and these bread sticks and they usually tip over cause everyone is hungry in half time....

So much complaints..... :frustrat:
Well maybe the external part of Teddy could have its problems and I agree that one of the ends (where there isn´t any stands) they should increase stadium capacity or place something different overthere. It is not nice.

But other than that, Teddy is a great stadium and the best we got currently IMO. The acoustics make the chants even more stronger.

Quote:
They got a good team to start with. Beitar is IMO going back to the Shum days of the season and hasnt impressed me in the last 2 mathces both state and league games
Well you can´t judge a team for only two games, but we could surely analyse the season and Beitar has been unconsistent and that is why they are in this jigsaw.

When things look bright comes a bad streak and when everything looks lost they redeem.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2010, 02:14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Well maybe the external part of Teddy could have its problems and I agree that one of the ends (where there isn´t any stands) they should increase stadium capacity or place something different overthere. It is not nice.

But other than that, Teddy is a great stadium and the best we got currently IMO. The acoustics make the chants even more stronger.

Well you can´t judge a team for only two games, but we could surely analyse the season and Beitar has been unconsistent and that is why they are in this jigsaw.

When things look bright comes a bad streak and when everything looks lost they redeem.
True about Beitar's on and off shenanigans.

About the atmopshere in Teddy..I agree..
I remember walking towards it to get inside the Champions League game and it was intense....European Style..First Euro-type game i been too!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2010, 17:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Maccabi Tel Aviv beat Beitar Jerusalem 3-0 today at Bloomfield and looks strong to keep the third place and consequently a spot at next season Europa League.
Buzaglo, Avidor and Shitrit scored for the "yellowblue".

TZAHOV OLE
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2010, 17:42
ZZZ
Rising Star

Beitar got a draw and 3 losses in it's last 4 games, I think it's gonna collapse in the play-offs, and Maccabi Tel Aviv will secure the europa league spot, sigh....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2010, 19:34 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
Beitar got a draw and 3 losses in it's last 4 games, I think it's gonna collapse in the play-offs, and Maccabi Tel Aviv will secure the europa league spot, sigh....
It seems that Beitar lost their steam, they gave their last sprint to reach the top playoffs, but guess not enough for the European spot.

Beitar´s defense is not getting younger. They need to search for other defenders.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in