Round 15: Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Beitar Jerusalem - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the game?
Maccabi Tel Aviv 1 33.33%
Draw 0 0%
Beitar Jerusalem 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2009, 16:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Round 15: Maccabi Tel Aviv vs Beitar Jerusalem

vs.

Venue: Bloomfield Stadium

Kickoff: December 26th, Saturday 19:30,

Great game! Both clubs are coming from good results and are trying to keep track of Maccabi Haifa and Hapoel Tel Aviv. But the true fight here is for third place spot which would guarantee a place in Europe and of course for pride in such a big game and traditional game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2009, 04:22 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Maccabi will have the return of influential Serbian midfielder Ivica Iliev to the starting lineup. Yuval Spungin could take up the rightback position from Dor Malul who hasn´t been at his best in the last three games and Nimni might decide ti sit him in the bench. Shiran Yeini and Andrej Komac are both fighting for a spot in the defensive midfield position to play alongside Lior Jan.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2009, 22:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Probable lineups for tommorow:

Maccabi Tel Aviv: Strauber; Spungin, Raldes, Capiloto, Gafni; Tomasic, Yeini, Israelivich, Cahlon, Iliev; Mayuke.

Beitar Jerusalem: Harush; Eitan Tibi, Shimon Guershon, Arik Benado (Tomer Ben Yosef), Danin (Avi Rikan); De la Haza, Tal, Vered, Baruchyan; Itzhaki, Tamuz.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2009, 07:42
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Milchama!!!
Breaks those Maccabi Tel Aviv bones!!!!

I expect a 1:1 tie, but anything is up...

both teams are determined in this round and i think it can easily be an upset for them

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2009, 08:14
ZZZ
Rising Star

I think Beitar will win with Tamuz scoring.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 05:42
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
4-3 is the final

We were down 4-2 for some time, but Itzhaki scored..didnt close it...
Why did we loooooooooose

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 15:44 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

What a game we had in Bloomfield yesterday!! These games gives us hope of a better league and shows we have good talents over here.

The goals were very pretty, especially Yeini, Cahlon and Itzhaki who with a beautiful volley tied the game at halftime. Tamuz is recovering his great form, scored another one yesterday and certainly together with Itzhaki will battle for a spot in the NT.

Both teams need to reinforce their defense though. Yesterday we saw some terrible blunders (Raldes in Beitar´s first goal especially, later he had two scoring opportunities). Beitar´s defense is in a very bad moment. Benado started on the bench, but didn´t get in well, Guershon is far from his prime.

But anyways, great game, great atmosphere, good for Israeli football and Maccabi Tel Aviv confirms that they are on the right path to return to their glorious days.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 16:32
ZZZ
Rising Star

Yeah Maccabi Tel Aviv is going up and Beitar is going downhill, I think Maccabi will challenge for third this season and getting a europe spot after all these years.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2009, 19:07
Premier Player

I agree with Berko about the defenders, If either team is serious, they will get better defenders during the transfer season because the current ones on both teams just aren't very good, I'm surprised neither team has made a move for Shai Maimon at Haifa.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 05:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
I agree with Berko about the defenders, If either team is serious, they will get better defenders during the transfer season because the current ones on both teams just aren't very good, I'm surprised neither team has made a move for Shai Maimon at Haifa.
Exactly. he is a decent defender. Had experience in the U-21 team and played as a starter at SC Ashdod and in the CL games with Haifa he had a solid performance, plus he wouldn´t occupy a foreign spot. Maimon would be a good purchase, but certainly for those things i mentioned above, Haifa won´t let him go, especially for direct rivals, but the player has already showed he is not very happy at the bench.

Other player that i thought would be a good bet was Tomer Ben Yosef, who for the last two seasons was a reserve player at Beitar, but it seems to be that he is not on his best form.

Zeev Haimovich who is playing at Terek Grozny would be a good purchase. I believe he would like to return to Israel in a big club, but probably the Russians are paying him well and this could interfere in negotiations.

Oshri Roash from Hapoel Haifa is an intresting player IMO. Maccabi or Beitar could try to sign him at the end of the season. The same goes with Din Mori from Bnei Yehuda who has already reached the senior NT and might be tempted to move to a bigger club despite having a good working enviroment built at the club from the Skhunat ha Tikva.

These are only some Israeli options that are realistic, but with new owners in Goldhar and Aguiar i guess that they should invest a bit more and bring better quality defenders. I mean, nothing against Raldes, he seems to be a nice guy, but he is not in a level to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv. We have better defenders on our youth. Tomasic could play in the heart of defense with Capiloto and we would survive until the end of the season.

If you bring a foreigner, bring someone who could contribute or else give space for the youth players.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2009, 05:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
Yeah Maccabi Tel Aviv is going up and Beitar is going downhill, I think Maccabi will challenge for third this season and getting a europe spot after all these years.
Beitar is very unstable. When they seem to have found their way, they slip. Like this they won´t reach Europe. But this will be positive on the long run, since now with a new owner with some apparent serious approach like Aguiar, they could build up the squad properly and the team could focus only in the pitch.

If we take a look on the players and staff we see quality, but this is not being enough.

Meanwhile, Maccabi Tel Aviv is looking really solid and will certainly be a strong candidate for the third place which guarantees a Europa Leagu spot. But even more than this, they have given the fans some clear hopes that the team is finally on the right path, that the rebuilding of the squad is on the right way and in the next seasons we will be gighting for the title.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in