Champions league matchday 6: Maccabi Haifa vs Girondins De Bordeaux - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 16:45 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

Champions league matchday 6: Maccabi Haifa vs Girondins De Bordeaux

VS

Tuesday 8th December 2009 20:45 CET

From what I read, Bordeaux has thrown together a mostly reserve squad for this game, so Maccabi Haifa have a good chance of getting a point or a goal, which I hope they do and don't become the worst team in champions league history, also this is Alon Harazi's last game, his going to be on as a sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 16:52
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Seems imaginable. Crazy that with 0 goals, 0 points and what? 5-8 Goal Against.... they're only option is to improve their image in Europe and not get into the books....

in any case, im hoping for a simple 0-0 tie here...

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 19:28
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
I feel good about this one but I'm also quite scared we won't manage a goal.

COME ON MACCABI

can't wait

Class is permanent.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 19:56
Star Player

down 0-1. ****

Class is permanent.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 20:35
Rising Star

Teams: M.Haifa, Israeli NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoisawesome View Post
down 0-1. ****
Masilela whiffed on a clearance and Bordeaux passed to an unmarked man for a goal. That will be on a blooper reel.

At least we were pressuing at the end of half for a goal. The ref called time after we won a 2nd corner kick.

I am hopefuly we can score a goal, but Bordeaux are playing 9 back after they got the lead.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 20:55
Star Player

We've had so many chances. Just need to freaking finish

Class is permanent.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 20:55
Star Player

I lost my stream. Anyone have a good one?

Class is permanent.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 20:56
Star Player

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2009, 22:25
Legend

Final: Maccabi Haifa 0 - 1 Bordeux.

Haifa is offically eliminated from this years Champions Leauge and UEFA Europa Leauge...

all i gotta say, after being abused from all you Haifa fans...i dont care what you say to me or how you act to me and my beloved Beitar...but seriously...one word to sum Maccabi Haifa this year in Europe:

איזה פאדיח(יפ)ה....

cant spell Fadicha without Haifa!!!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 01:08
Premier Player

Well, I guess if Haifa have any dreams of returning next year, they should get some people that can score, in next years transfer season.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 01:15
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
Well, I guess if Haifa have any dreams of returning next year, they should get some people that can score, in next years transfer season.
There was a docuementary in the Israeli network about Israeli matters and subjects. Haifa was part of the newsreel. They showed them in Europe and also how advance their system is to others...

but seriously.they talk like they have it all..the next Man Utd..but ****ing management dont wanna put any cent in buying a real player that can lead. Now...after they embarressed themselves and Israeli soccer...they surely cant go after some big names...they never did..not one Israeli team ever did and this is the result..dont expect anything more or less from Israeli clubs...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 03:02
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
There was a docuementary in the Israeli network about Israeli matters and subjects. Haifa was part of the newsreel. They showed them in Europe and also how advance their system is to others...

but seriously.they talk like they have it all..the next Man Utd..but ****ing management dont wanna put any cent in buying a real player that can lead. Now...after they embarressed themselves and Israeli soccer...they surely cant go after some big names...they never did..not one Israeli team ever did and this is the result..dont expect anything more or less from Israeli clubs...
We need to sign Eliran Atar....

also need to sign a decent central defender to pair with Keinan.

Hopefully, we can shell out 1-2MM on a high quality foreign signing.

Cypriot teams are able to compete on this level. It is shocking that we can not sign one quality foreigner.

Not scoring against Bordeaux's B team was embarrassing.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 04:39
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by colautti_2010 View Post
We need to sign Eliran Atar....

also need to sign a decent central defender to pair with Keinan.

Hopefully, we can shell out 1-2MM on a high quality foreign signing.

Cypriot teams are able to compete on this level. It is shocking that we can not sign one quality foreigner.

Not scoring against Bordeaux's B team was embarrassing.
I think the matter of the problem stems from the Cypricots having a leauge where players can actually form and become good. They arent what they used to be. They have alot of teams right now in Europe who do well like APOEL Nicosica and such..regardless, they are a mini Greece in my eyes and they have many sponsors and owners who are Greek shipping heirs.

Out of topic, i read that 70% of philanthropy money to Israel comes from outside of Israel. Meaning? We love to accept but never put in. Tell me how many multi-million dollar industries are there in Israel?
Import/Export, Gold, Hi-Tech, Arms, Engineers, Manufacturing, etc...

How many of those put money in football? Probably less than 2-5%.
This is sad

But lets face it....Foreign players come to Israel to use it as a launch pad to get into Europe. You think Vincent Enemya would love to play for Hapoel? He'd take a mid-top tier 2nd leauge team in England or Spain if he had too.....

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 10:39 Thread Starter
ZZZ
Rising Star

Wow, worst team of all time in the champions league, add that to the description, better luck next time I guess.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 13:23
Rising Star

Quote:
I think the matter of the problem stems from the Cypricots having a leauge where players can actually form and become good. They arent what they used to be. They have alot of teams right now in Europe who do well like APOEL Nicosica and such..regardless, they are a mini Greece in my eyes and they have many sponsors and owners who are Greek shipping heirs.

Out of topic, i read that 70% of philanthropy money to Israel comes from outside of Israel. Meaning? We love to accept but never put in. Tell me how many multi-million dollar industries are there in Israel?
Import/Export, Gold, Hi-Tech, Arms, Engineers, Manufacturing, etc...

How many of those put money in football? Probably less than 2-5%.
This is sad

But lets face it....Foreign players come to Israel to use it as a launch pad to get into Europe. You think Vincent Enemya would love to play for Hapoel? He'd take a mid-top tier 2nd leauge team in England or Spain if he had too.....
Aren't most leagues now just feeder systems to the EPL, La Liga and Seri A?

My point was the if the cypriots can build a competative league, why can't we. (The 5 max foriegner rule is one big minus, Apoel started only 2 cyproits in their game vs chelsea). Shahar spent nothing on this team, and earned a hefty payday from UEFA. They appear to be in the same spot for next year (qualification through the champions qualifier group, playing the champions of the weaker UEFA nations).
You can not tell me that Haifa can not invest in one established foreigner to help this team improve.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 14:05
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by colautti_2010 View Post
Aren't most leagues now just feeder systems to the EPL, La Liga and Seri A?
Not anymore.
There is new money being thrown everyone. Money is mobile these days. A Billionaire can pop anywhere and we clearly saw that. The system is now producing competitive leagues where players are paid well and competition is high. Im reffering to place like Bulgaria, Russia, Poland and Romania. These places, only 10 years ago, were nothing to look at. Today they have money and owners who are ready to take football to a whole new dimension.

Quote:
My point was the if the cypriots can build a competative league, why can't we. (The 5 max foriegner rule is one big minus, Apoel started only 2 cyproits in their game vs chelsea). Shahar spent nothing on this team, and earned a hefty payday from UEFA. They appear to be in the same spot for next year (qualification through the champions qualifier group, playing the champions of the weaker UEFA nations).
You can not tell me that Haifa can not invest in one established foreigner to help this team improve.
Cyprus is a EU country. It is not affected by the Bosman ruling. Cypricot players have 3 levels of play...a mediocre player can compete in the top league in Cyprus, where a more dynamic player can participate in Cyprus or go to Greece. Their superstars are sent to Europe without any problems.

Im not saying for Israel to abandon the foreigners quota, but when you wanna compete with top teams and make your football better, what choice do you have. In the end of the day, football is football....
How do you think Maccabi Tel Aviv B.C did so well? Israeli players? Some...Foreigners...for sure!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 15:06
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
Quote:
Out of topic, i read that 70% of philanthropy money to Israel comes from outside of Israel. Meaning? We love to accept but never put in.
There are 13.2 million Jews in the World, 5.4 million of whom live in Israel, which means that about 59% of the Jews in the World (in reality it is probably even more) live outside of Israel, so why does it then surprise you that 70% (if that number is true) of philanthropy money to Israel comes from outside of Israel?
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 17:20
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
There are 13.2 million Jews in the World, 5.4 million of whom live in Israel, which means that about 59% of the Jews in the World (in reality it is probably even more) live outside of Israel, so why does it then surprise you that 70% (if that number is true) of philanthropy money to Israel comes from outside of Israel?
The main theme of my arguement was that Israelis dont support Israeli causes whereas Jews abroad support Jewish and Israeli causes more....
Maybe its wealth factor or diaspora issues...but on any level.... numbers dont lie..... you can always that that 50% of Jews live in Israel and the other live abroad....but were discussing just Israel and how many is spent inside Israel..

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 19:07
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
Well, if I was an Israeli millionaire/billionaire, I wouldn't invest money into a football club, I think there are a lot better/smarter things to invest money into in Israel than football. I think that's probably their way of thinking as well.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2009, 19:46
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
Well, if I was an Israeli millionaire/billionaire, I wouldn't invest money into a football club, I think there are a lot better/smarter things to invest money into in Israel than football. I think that's probably their way of thinking as well.
Exactly.
We have alot of wealthy people... Billionaire club in Israel..yet..they never put money in sports.

The Arison family is the wealthiest, yet...they never put a cent...
so in a way, the teams price goes down, players quality go down and then Haifa fans complain why they arent good for Europe yet..

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in