Europa League Matchday 5: Celtic - Hapoel Tel-Aviv - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 19:59 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: ISRAEL NT & Maccabi Haifa & Beitar Jerusalem!
Europa League Matchday 5: Celtic - Hapoel Tel-Aviv

Group stage - 02 December 2009 21:05 (CET) (20:05 local time) - Celtic Park - Glasgow - Scotland

The situation looks bleak for Celtic FC as they host Group C leaders Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC, with the Scottish side needing two wins – and two defeats for Hamburger SV – to reach the round of 32.

• Another point would all but put Tel-Aviv in the knockout phase.

Previous meetings
• Tel-Aviv beat Celtic 2-1 in Israel on Matchday 1 in the third game between the two clubs.

• When Dror Kashtan's Tel-Aviv met Celtic in the first round of the 1999/2000 UEFA Cup, Sweden forward Henrik Larsson hit all three goals in a 3-0 aggregate success for John Barnes's side – two at home and one more away. Israel international Eyal Berkovic came on for Celtic in the second leg.

• The teams for the first leg in Glasgow on 16 September 1999 were:-
Celtic: Gould, Mahe, McNamara, Stubbs, Larsson, Burley, Lambert, Petta (Blinker, 83), Tébily, Moravčík, Burchill.
Tel-Aviv: Elimelech, Ohaion, Gershon, Rupnik, Pisont, Harazi (Tikva, 63), Udi, Toama (Cohen, 71), Antebi, Bakhar, Cimirotič.

Match background
• Celtic are without a victory in four European home encounters this season and are yet to win a UEFA club competition game in Glasgow since Tony Mowbray took over as manager. However, the Englishman did end the club's 24-game wait for an away success as they beat FC Dinamo Moskva 2-0 in this season's UEFA Champions League third qualifying round.

• Tel-Aviv have won three of their four European away outings this season, losing the other, and have scored at least twice in all of them, with Matchday 4's 3-0 win at SK Rapid Wien the pick of their results.

Team facts
• Mowbray represented his current club as a player (1991-95) between spells with Middlesbrough FC and Ipswich Town FC. Since hanging up his boots, the former defender has managed Ipswich, Hibernian FC and West Bromwich Albion FC, before replacing Gordon Strachan as Hoops boss this summer.

• Tel-Aviv coach Eli Gutman is nicknamed 'The German' because of his reputation as a disciplinarian. He made his name by claiming the 1996/97 State Cup with Hapoel Beer-Sheva FC and then the Israeli title with Hapoel Haifa FC in 1998/99.

• Founded in the 1920s, Tel-Aviv's links to the Histadrut trade union and the hammer and sickle on their club badge earned them a reputation as a club with left-wing leanings.

• Scotland and Israel have met just once in senior internationals, with a Paul McStay goal giving Sir Alex Ferguson's side a 1-0 win at the National Stadium in Ramat Gan in a January 1986 friendly.

• Celtic visit Rapid in their final Group C game on 17 December, with Tel-Aviv hosting Hamburg on the same night.

Israel #1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 20:00 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Is there any live streams for that game?
Livetv.ru have some but none of them works. So is there any Window Media live stream or like that eg JustinTV etc?

Israel #1
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 20:29
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
1-0 for Celtics

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 20:42
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
if anybody is watching, how many of the Celtic fans are waving palestinian flags?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 21:00
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MakkabI] View Post
Is there any live streams for that game?
Livetv.ru have some but none of them works. So is there any Window Media live stream or like that eg JustinTV etc?
http://itoto1.myroomy.com/index.php

I've been watching that one. It's cut out now for halftime, but I'm hoping it starts back up when the match is underway again.

Hope that helps.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 21:06 Thread Starter
Rising Star

^^ Toda Raba. I wish I know Hebrew lol. Where can I find a link to watch the game? I dont know Hebrew

Or will it show up when 2nd half time starts again by itself?

Israel #1
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 21:17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MakkabI] View Post
^^ Toda Raba. I wish I know Hebrew lol. Where can I find a link to watch the game? I dont know Hebrew

Or will it show up when 2nd half time starts again by itself?
http://www.twentysports.net/
Here's another one. Good luck!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 21:23
Rookie

http://www.atdhe.net/10746/watch-cel...apoel-tel-aviv
And that one works now. It's the best I've found.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2009, 21:23 Thread Starter
Rising Star

^^ It works. Toda raba champ

Israel #1
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 00:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
The game ended 2-0 for Celtic. Despite the victory the Scottish team is eliminated from the competition while Hapoel Tel Aviv has qualified since Hamburg beat Rapid Wien by the same scoreline.

On December 17th in Bloomfield Stadium Hapoel will have the chance to retake first place as it hosts the Germans.

Hamburg has 10 points while Hapoel has 9. It promises to be a very intresting game.

For Hapoel the first place is intresting since it will guarantee them to decide the second leg at home and face at least in theory weaker team.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:28
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Quick question - is there a huge difference other than the second leg at home to be placed in first?

Would it promise an easy team? Possibly a team from another group? Possibly second?
Or would it give us a team whos from the CL 3rd place?? or is it based on draws?

I think regardless, Celtics are KUNTS for being some anti-Israel and they played a pointless, but still noble game...
Long live the Ulsters!

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:57
Premier Player

If anyone watched the game, how balanced was it, as far as possession and chances go?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:03
Rookie

Schechter was great (as usual), Natcho had some nice through balls...

I'd say that Celtic had more ball possession than Hapoel, but not by much. Hapoel players were confident with the ball for the most part, and showed that they very much belong in this competition. To play a big club like Celtic and to not be embarrassed is in itself a win in my books
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:15 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
if anybody is watching, how many of the Celtic fans are waving palestinian flags?
From this video, I can see like 5 or so "Fakestinian" flags. :frustrat: :thmbdown: :rollani:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgROSKEnaVk

Israel #1
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:11
ZZZ
Rising Star

Celtic dominated the whole match, I don't think Hapoel were trying to win the game, since they knew they were pretty much qualified into the next round anyway. Hapoel needs to focus on getting first place now.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 16:14
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Quick question - is there a huge difference other than the second leg at home to be placed in first?

Would it promise an easy team? Possibly a team from another group? Possibly second?
Or would it give us a team whos from the CL 3rd place?? or is it based on draws?

I think regardless, Celtics are KUNTS for being some anti-Israel and they played a pointless, but still noble game...
Long live the Ulsters!

Well, it makes a slight difference.

The Europa League first places will be drawn together in one pot with teh four best third places of the Champions League. In the other pot we will have the second placed teams of the Europa League, plus the remaining four Champions League third placed teams.

So, if Hapoel finishes in first place, besides playing the second leg in Bloomfield, they will play a weaker team in theory.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2009, 16:24
Forum Manager
Legend

Regarding the game.

Ok, Celtic needed desparetly to win to have some chances to qualify and Hapoel were calm since they knew that even losing they could be in the next stage, but still i think Gutman could have entered the game with a different formation.

IMO, Vucicevic should have started the game or in Menteashvili´s place or in Yeboahs. The latter is not playing well for a while, while the Georgian doesn`t have a good passing, at least compared to the others in midfield.

Maybe Gutman wanted more protection in midfield since Celtic would charge forward since the beggining and in this case he had a point placing two forwards and Natcho as an offensive midfielder. But Yeboah is not exactly the guy for counterattacks and without Vucicevic,Natcho gets too much overloaded to start the plays. So IMO, it would be better if Gutman wanted a counterattack formation to place Vermut a bit closer to Shechter and let Natcho and Vucicevic build the game together.

Anyways, it is just an opinion, Gutman knows what he does and he has been very good in his tactics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in