CL Matchday 2: FC Girondins de Bordeaux - Maccabi Haifa FC - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 05:42 Thread Starter
Star Player

CL Matchday 2: FC Girondins de Bordeaux - Maccabi Haifa FC

VS

Venue

Group stage - 30 September 2009 20:45 (CET) - Stade Chaban-Delmas - Bordeaux - France

Second group stage match in the Champions League for Maccabi Haifa and it seems that we face a superior club once again. Although, not at the level of Bayern Munchen, Bordeaux are currently standing strong in the Ligue 1 at first place. They are undefeated after seven matches, beating Rennes 1-0. These guys managed to hold Juve to a 1-1 draw in Torino so I think its safe to say they are serious contenders for the 1st or 2nd place not to mention that they seem the natural club to take 3rd in this group. Haifa ofcourse will have to watch Gourcuff....I don't need to mention how much attention this guy is bringing in from clubs around Europe. He's a real talent, and it was first said that he might not play against Haifa, but it seems he'll be fit . Haifa will have to play physical, Bordeaux have great pace so we'll need to be careful and the defense will really have to stay alert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 12:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
Yeah, Gourcuff will play. They are really hard to take at the moment. Maybe less talent if you compare one in one with Lyon. But a better teamwork and confidence. Their coach Blanc, has taken two years to built this team and it works well.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 15:49 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobal klub View Post
Yeah, Gourcuff will play. They are really hard to take at the moment. Maybe less talent if you compare one in one with Lyon. But a better teamwork and confidence. Their coach Blanc, has taken two years to built this team and it works well.
long story short we're ****ed....

hey fobal, nice to see someone from bretagne on this forum...your region is by far my favorite in france.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 16:14
Premier Player

Ghadir shouldn't be starting, all he can do is run fast, start Arbeitman.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 16:25
ZZZ
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
Ghadir shouldn't be starting, all he can do is run fast, start Arbeitman.
I agree, Arbeitman is our very own gourcuff!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 16:45 Thread Starter
Star Player

there is place for both players...play a different format and have them both in there. I think ghadir is worth something, but not starting arbietman is a huge mistake...the guys on fire
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 19:51
International

I think Bordeaux and Haifa are the ones who will decide amongst themselves who survives winter break in Europe, so this is a crucial game along with the home game against the Girondins. Any point against Bayern or Juve is bonus, but Bordeaux is the one that Haifa needs to keep an eye on to grab at least the 3rd place. A draw in France should be a good result, then Bordeaux awaits an intimidating and burning Ramat Gan in the return game.

How many Haifa fans made the trip?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2009, 04:50
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
I think Bordeaux and Haifa are the ones who will decide amongst themselves who survives winter break in Europe, so this is a crucial game along with the home game against the Girondins. Any point against Bayern or Juve is bonus, but Bordeaux is the one that Haifa needs to keep an eye on to grab at least the 3rd place. A draw in France should be a good result, then Bordeaux awaits an intimidating and burning Ramat Gan in the return game.

How many Haifa fans made the trip?
According to reports about 300 Haifa fans will make the trip, maybe some Jewish French supporters will attend the game.

The only difference from the last game is the return of John Culma in the expense of Gustavo Boccoli. The rest of the players are the same.

Probable lienup: Davidovich; Meshumar, Keinan, Teixeira, Mesilela; Kiyal, Culma, Golasa, Katan; Ghadir, Dvalishvili.

Agree with you guys, Arbeitman should be there on the starting lineup.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2009, 06:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
hey fobal, nice to see someone from bretagne on this forum...your region is by far my favorite in france.
For sure ! Where have you been in Bretagne ?

Bordeaux probale line-up according to L'Equipe :

Bordeaux : Carrasso - Chalmé, Ciani (or Henrique), Planus, Trémoulinas - Diarra - Plasil, Gourcuff, Wendel - Chamakh, Cavenaghi (or Bellion)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2009, 07:45 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobal klub View Post
For sure ! Where have you been in Bretagne ?
I spent some time in Rennes and Saint Malo...I also did 2 days in Redon. I like Saint Malo alot, i think I will go back there at some point....these days if i go to france i no longer bother going to paris since i hate the people. I like the people in bretagne. Bretagne would be one of the 2 regions I love the most, alongside provence (specifically aix en provence!). Still, nothing can beat bretagne culture, great music, great crepe, and there is nothing i love more than a mix of celtic culture
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2009, 15:38
Premier Player

I though culma couldn't play because he has two yellows?
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2009, 18:23
Rookie

Anybody have a linkto the game? myp2p doesn't seemto be working for me!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2009, 20:32 Thread Starter
Star Player

i got nothing! i just have the match centre from uefa...it looks like haifa are threatening
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2009, 21:23
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
1-0 for borduex
in the 78th minute

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old September 30th, 2009, 21:34
Legend

End game...

Bordeux 1-0..
the french picked up some important points.......
i guess 3rd place may be out of the picture or harder to achieve now...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2009, 02:31
Premier Player

Just got home, its disapointing that they lost, hopefully they can pick some points even if they get in fourth. But, lets face it Haifa isn't such a great team....
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2009, 04:45
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
Just got home, its disapointing that they lost, hopefully they can pick some points even if they get in fourth. But, lets face it Haifa isn't such a great team....
I have to disagree, this Haifa team is a very good one! They aren´t playing any simple team, they played against German giants and current French champions and next round Italian most prized team. So of course we can`t expect too much.
But Haifa played without fear, with a lot of will and could have gotten a better result. Two clear chances, especially with Refaelov in second half where he ended up shooting weak in front of the keeper.

Elisha Levy is doing a good job at Haifa and the team is at least playing with pride and IMO they deserved better luck from this match.

Even Laurent Blanc said he wasn`t suprised with Haifa`s good game and that they could still fight for third place.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2009, 07:08
Legend

I dont think that Haifa is playing towards anything really....3rd place at the most. Its crazy that making it so far and proving yourself that you should be in the CL and then all you can do is go for a tie or 1-0 loss result?

I was hoping that atleast a few players from abroad make there mark in Haifa, but it seems that your either gonna find young talent who have nothing to lose or used up talent that wants a 2nd round..... sad but true..least now people start to understand Israeli soccer and M. Haifa better as they did in 98/99 or 03'

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2009, 08:27
ZZZ
Rising Star

Bordeaux just out played haifa really, haifa did get some chances just before bordeaux scored, but they never really looked like they would win the match, also kayal has a red card.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2009, 13:28
Premier Player

I would really like them to start with Arbeitman, he came in the 58th minute during the game, Dvalishvili missed a few opportunities

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in