Ligat Ha'al: Hapoel Tel Aviv - Maccabi Haifa - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2009, 06:42 Thread Starter
Star Player

Ligat Ha'al: Hapoel Tel Aviv - Maccabi Haifa

VS
Monday 21/09/09, 20:00 Local Time

Venue: Bloomfield Stadium

Should be a great match! both teams are in great form, both are clearly the biggest clubs in Israel currently and I think we're going to see some good football. I hope the hapoel players are still tired from their match against celtic. Yeboah i heard is injured which is great, but I think hapoel proved that they have enough talent on the bench after the celtic match. Haifa I think will want to keep their record in the league, so far we are undefeated and I hope Levi allows Arbietman to start this match, the guy is on fire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2009, 19:53
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
This is a real pivotal match. Im assuming its gonna end up in a tie, but Hapoel seems to be in better shape and having beaten Celtics, they are in a stable pace.... Hopefully they didnt eat to much honey over the holiday break and can get back their form....

Maccabi Haifa finally stands a sort of challenge after 4 rounds... lets see what the Haifa punks can pull off?

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 00:42 Thread Starter
Star Player

i see a good match....

so far the player status is like this:

Yeboah will not be playing due to injury and its said that Kayael and Rafaelov will not be playing while ghadir will start.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 02:00
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
The expectations for this match are great!

Like you guys mentioned both are in great form and we have a great atmosphere for the match. 5,000 fans are expected to come from Haifa to Bloomfield.

Seems Boccoli got his place on the lineup in the expense of Kiyal.

The victory will be important for Hapoel, they have 5 points while Haifa has 9. A green victory means a 7 point gap right in the beggining of the league.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 04:53
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Thank g-d Kiyal is out...

Zevel Aravi...
least this guy from Shafram Halal is making his mark...druzi...always like those guys

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 05:59
Premier Player

kiyal = overrated
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 06:29 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Thank g-d Kiyal is out...

Zevel Aravi...
least this guy from Shafram Halal is making his mark...druzi...always like those guys
you mean lala from hapoel?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 06:29 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
kiyal = overrated
from what i've seen this season i'd have to agree with you.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 19:02
ZZZ
Rising Star

Wow, 1-2 to Haifa at half time.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 20:00 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post

Maccabi Haifa finally stands a sort of challenge after 4 rounds... lets see what the Haifa punks can pull off?
2-1 Haifa victory...does that answer your question little loser beitar fan
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 20:54
Premier Player

I watched the whole game, here is my analysis..

First Half,

Haifa got off to a flying start and they drew a penalty with a hand ball from Omri Canada, Katan converted the penalty. After that the game was back and forth, really exciting stuff, Hapoel had a shout for a penalty that was waved off, but in my opinon it was a penalty, Shechter beat Teixeira for pace and was pushed in the back. Shortly after Golasa scored from the top of the box with a left foot shot into the right corner after a nice cutback from Masilela. Hapoel subsequently dominated the rest of the half after that and they got their goal when Vermuth sent Shechter through and he beat Teixeira for pace again. It was a really good finish, Hapoel had several other chances in the first half. Dvalishvili didn't play well at all and was subbed off at the beginning of the second half, Vermuth played really well the whole game.

Second Half,

Kiyal was subbed in to give Haifa three in the midfield. The tempo of the game subsequently slowed down with Hapoel having most of the possession but not being able to do much with it. Guttman then made two mistakes by subbing Yeboah for Natcho and then taking Shechter off for Zahavi and the finally took Lala off for Menteshashvili, as the game wore on Hapoel would throw everything they had at goal and Haifa would counterattack. Haifa had several three on three opportunities but couldn't do anything with them.

Overall good game. I think Levi had his team sit back for the win in the second half and it worked, Hapoel deserved a tie I thought but they didn't get it. Instead of Kiyal coming on who didn't do much I would have liked to see a straight swap of Dvalishvili for Strahman, I want to see what he can do.

Defense Advantage Haifa

They did what they needed to do despite Haifa's poor midfield play, Davidovic made some good saves.

Midfield Advantage Hapoel

Haifa clearly needs some better midfield players, Natcho, Yadin, Vucicevic, and Vermuth were way better than Golasa, Boccoli, Kiyal and Culma, Nice finish from Golasa though. Golasa was great for Haifa the others not so much.

Strikers Even

Shechter caused all kinds of trouble for Haifa's defense and it was a mistake to sub him off, Katan took the penalty nicely but had a quiet game overall and missed one golden opportunity. Ghadir is too predictable, he needs to improve. Yeboah, Lala, Dvalishvili, and Arbeitman were all effectively neutralized during the game.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old September 21st, 2009, 22:41 Thread Starter
Star Player

i'd say levi should have let rafaelov start the second half, he's a good midfielder and he's got a good eye for passes. Ghadir is predictable, but don't forget that he's young. Katan...god knows what he is because i don't consider him a striker, more an attacking midfielder.

In the end we won, and i agree with levi "you cannot compare between the europa league and the champions league." Hapoel is a great club, but they are not us even if they bring just as much respect to israeli football as we do. Currently i think haifa has a great squad, a great mix of young and experienced. And again I have to agree with levi when he says that the young guys learn so much for the older players like davidovitch, and katan and you see that they are making progress game after game
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2009, 00:18 Thread Starter
Star Player

anyone can post highlights of the match?
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:58
Forum Manager
Legend

One thing is sure, both teams proved they are currently the best teams in Israel. Even tired from their European campaigns and coming to a match of the season like game they surprised with the will on the pitch.

Obviously the early lead gave Haifa the tranquility they needed to administrate the result throughout the match. They showed a lot of maturity despite being a very young team. Elisha Levy is doing a great job at the carmel.

Meanwhile Hapoel has a great team aswell, Individually speaking, respecting snowbozo´s opinion of course, i think both midfields are very equal.

Yadin, Natcho, Vermut and Vucicevic is indeed a very good midfield without a doubt. And you have good replacements such as Abutbul (recovering from a long injury, but a good player, Menteashvili, Zandberg).
Haifa having Boccoli, Culma, Katan and Golasa is also a very good midfield. I would agree Hapoel has more options in midfield and this gives them a slight advantage, but IMO Haifa is a very balanced team and very good tacticly speaking.

Like Yarok even mentioned on his post we can´t really define a position for Yaniv Katan. Sometimes he appears as a forward in other moments as a center midfielder inverting with Ghadir.

The truth is both teams have great squads for this season and it is no coincidence they are doing well in Europe.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbozo21 View Post
kiyal = overrated
I agree with you. It was more or less the same thing with Abas Swan.
Well, Biram is a much better player than Abas of course. IMO he is a good player, but nothing more than that. He is not suppose to be a starter in the NT and i have my doubts aswell at Maccabi Haifa.

But one quality he has is that he runs all the time, he is always chasing the ball and doesn`t stop marking. That is certainly a type of player to have in your squad. Maybe that is why Elisha Levy gives him a lot of credit and Dror Kashtan follows the same path.

On the other hand this excessive running sometimes causes some sort of anxiety and consequently he commits a lot of silly fouls (remember the Greece game at Crete, he conceded a silly penalty and against Bayern aswell only to name a few).

But it seems Boccoli has regained to status of starting lineup at the expense of Kiyal.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:51 Thread Starter
Star Player

kiyal was once the wonder kid of the haifa youth, the youth squad had a tournmanet in italy a couple of years ago and i remember that he really impressed the media there and some clubs. I think that his progress has gone a bit downhill since the middle of last season. He's a player with alot of heart, i heard his interviews and he's not what we think (הוא אוהב את ישראל ויש לו הרבה כבוד למדינה ולמועדון)

in my opinion this guy needs a bit more direction, he's well built and he can serve as a good defensive midfielder who pushes up for attacks and rebound shots, but levi needs to make sure to give him some direction. Without direction some of these guys disappear...i'll remind you of a very good young talent by the name of shai biruk who impressed so much that he went to the ajax youth academy but returned due to homesickness (sound familiar?) and then kind of lost his way back in ligat ha'al. I don't compare kiyal to the same kind of amazing history but this applies to alot of the guys at haifa like golasa, gadir, rafaelov, etc. the ones who don't naturally progress may have it in them to be better but just need advice and direction from their managers and experienced teammates
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
kiyal was once the wonder kid of the haifa youth, the youth squad had a tournmanet in italy a couple of years ago and i remember that he really impressed the media there and some clubs. I think that his progress has gone a bit downhill since the middle of last season. He's a player with alot of heart, i heard his interviews and he's not what we think (הוא אוהב את ישראל ויש לו הרבה כבוד למדינה ולמועדון)

in my opinion this guy needs a bit more direction, he's well built and he can serve as a good defensive midfielder who pushes up for attacks and rebound shots, but levi needs to make sure to give him some direction. Without direction some of these guys disappear...i'll remind you of a very good young talent by the name of shai biruk who impressed so much that he went to the ajax youth academy but returned due to homesickness (sound familiar?) and then kind of lost his way back in ligat ha'al. I don't compare kiyal to the same kind of amazing history but this applies to alot of the guys at haifa like golasa, gadir, rafaelov, etc. the ones who don't naturally progress may have it in them to be better but just need advice and direction from their managers and experienced teammates
Kiyal has good potential. Elisha Levy trsits him and he gave an interview saying that he thanks Elisha for giving him this confidence.
He has good qualities like fighting spirit, hard tackling and long range shot, but he still needs to develop more game intelligence and also more mentality. But one thing is sure, he gives his heart on the pitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in