UCL Group Stage: Maccabi Haifa - Bayern Munchen - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2009, 06:52 Thread Starter
Star Player

UCL Group Stage: Maccabi Haifa - Bayern Munchen

VS

Group stage - 15 September 2009 20:45 (CET) - Ramat Gan - Tel Aviv - Israel

Alright Gents, here we go! We are destined to finish last in this group. Bayern started of a bit slow in the Bundesliga, but I don't miss a match that they play every weekend and I can assure you that Robben's arrival has already taken effect. He works beautifully with Ribery and I think these are two guys our defense will have to keep a very very close eye on. The stadium will be packed, and hopefully there will be a good atmosphere (god, how i wish i was able to go to this match... )

I assume the line up for us will be the same as usualy in addition to the recent signings..I think Osman will start in defense.

I actually took a look at the size of our squad...we have 24 players, every opponent we have in this group stage have at least 30+ players on their squad...they practically have another team extra than us. I think this will cause us a big disadvantage (not that we're at some kind of advantage against these guys). We need to rely on producing good performances when we play at home.

I still remember what some commentators said, that Israel is a hostile place to play a game at. It is humid, the fans are usually loud and aggressive, and Maccabi Haifa proves to play a very physical match (lets see if we're able to be as physical with guys from Bayern as we were against Salzburg...i doubt it)

Tov, yalla bo natcheel!!

YAROK OLE!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2009, 02:28
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
For those of you who like curiosities.

Haifa will host Bayern on the 15th the exact same day that Maccabi Tel Aviv hosted them in their opening CL game 5 years ago.

Regarding the match, Haifa will surely have a real hard time, but if they enter the pitch already thinking they lost it, they will surely lose.

Haifa should use the home advantage, heat (not only on the weather, but on the fans enthusiasm) and the fact that Bayern will surely come overconfident and not knowing too much about Haifa.

Haifa has a young team that doesn´t stop to run during the whole game and we saw that against Salzburg and Aktobe.

But the players must be aware that the mistakes will cost dearly with players like Ribery, Toni, Robben, Sweinsteiger. Focus during the whole match.

Pressure is all with the German side, that is why we should play on top of them.
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2009, 06:42 Thread Starter
Star Player

i think that haifa being the young team that it is has one advantage. Usually teams with older players have a problem, where the players give too much respect to their opponent. I think haifa players show that they are usually fearless against their opponents because they have nothing to lose. Every player there is hungry to advance his career and i think that will bring fire into their eyes...the downside is that we lack experience, and some aspects...especially mental aspect like pressure, may get to the players.

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2009, 05:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Some Bayern news: Miroslav Klose is in doubt for the Haifa match after he picked up an injury while playing for Germany in the qualifiers earlier this week.
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2009, 06:24 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Some Bayern news: Miroslav Klose is in doubt for the Haifa match after he picked up an injury while playing for Germany in the qualifiers earlier this week.
good, but with the likes of the options they have i think we're still not even close to having a chance.
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2009, 18:32
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
good, but with the likes of the options they have i think we're still not even close to having a chance.
Yeah and they proved to have plenty of options.

Before the Haifa game: Bayern beat Dortmund 5-1 away
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2009, 00:26 Thread Starter
Star Player

Bayern played amazing today....i think levi is crazy to think that he'll get one point out of bayern even in ramat gan. Every player at bayern is lethal.

Just to add, if we're already talking about the opponents then I should mention that juve beat lazio 2-0, they have an amazing attack and out of their 3 games this season they've won al three (like haifa, except unlike haifa they played clubs like lazio and roma and beat them).

Haifa beat ramat gan 3-1 today and i have to say that levi is a fool if he doesn't let Arbietman start against Bayern. The guy is a real goal scorer, and i'll be really pissed if he doesn't give him a chance to shine. I think arbietman will clearly be a contender for top scorer of our league if he carries on like this, and if levi gives him the oppurtunity.

Highlights for the match are here

by the way can someone teach me how to post videos...
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2009, 12:41
ZZZ
Rising Star

I hope haifa don't get beaten to badly.
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old September 13th, 2009, 14:17 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZ View Post
I hope haifa don't get beaten to badly.
I don't know, odds seem to look like we might get our ass kicked real bad, but levi and the players at haifa keep telling the press that they won't bring shame to israeli football, and that they studied the team well and found bayern's weak spots. When I watch bayern i honestly don't see too many weak spots, and the few that i do see I don't think haifa has the ability to take advantage of.
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2009, 04:49
Forum Manager
Legend

Haifa definitely got a very tough group which means they are complete underdogs. They don´t have pressure on their shoulders and this should make them play more aggresively and offensive.

Levy is right in telling the press that the team won´t bring shame, afterall they have merits in being in the CL. Of course the teams are in a higher level than Haifa, but if they enter the pitch thinking they will lose then they certainly will.
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2009, 04:51 Thread Starter
Star Player

i understand what you say, but if i were levy i wouldn't make any promises i can't keep. When there is such a huge gap between the levels of these teams, sometimes it doesn't matter if haifa plays at its best potential it still may not be enough to avoid an embarassing defeat.
post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2009, 05:14
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
i understand what you say, but if i were levy i wouldn't make any promises i can't keep. When there is such a huge gap between the levels of these teams, sometimes it doesn't matter if haifa plays at its best potential it still may not be enough to avoid an embarassing defeat.
Yes, indeed. Analysing from this angle definitely he can´t promise much. Just like Avi Luzon who guaranteed we would be in the WC.
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 01:11
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
This team isnt Beitar, they wont bring shame to the Israeli league.

I remember when they played Manchester United in Old Trafford. No one in the world ever heard of this team. You should have seen the look on the fans faces when Haifa scored first. Although they eventually lost 5-2, they brought alot of pride back home with them.

I cant see Haifa getting rolled over, lets not write them off, you never know. Ill be the first to say they will lose, but I dont see 5 or 6 - 0.
post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 02:27 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
This team isnt Beitar, they wont bring shame to the Israeli league.

I remember when they played Manchester United in Old Trafford. No one in the world ever heard of this team. You should have seen the look on the fans faces when Haifa scored first. Although they eventually lost 5-2, they brought alot of pride back home with them.

I cant see Haifa getting rolled over, lets not write them off, you never know. Ill be the first to say they will lose, but I dont see 5 or 6 - 0.
certainly not a 5-0 loss...def not a beitar style loss (although they lost such figures to a mid-table polish club and not the biggest club in the bundesliga), and they won't bring shame, they will hold bayern strong, i thinkt he defense has alot of pressure on them at haifa....however the players sound confident, i think levi knows something we don't about bayern because he sounds really sure of himself.
post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 02:43
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
I can see the Haifa youngsters being a problem for Bayern. I say let them loose on Munich, they wont know what hit them (i hope)

well, im taping the game, i hope I can come home from work and relieve some stress with a nice 2-1 Haifa win
post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 02:51 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
I can see the Haifa youngsters being a problem for Bayern. I say let them loose on Munich, they wont know what hit them (i hope)

well, im taping the game, i hope I can come home from work and relieve some stress with a nice 2-1 Haifa win
i pray for that
post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 03:00
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
I hope it will be a good game. Maccabi's luck isnt on its side this time, but they can certainley suprise, though the away match wont be so good...statistically, Israeli teams lost big playing Munich at home..... but anything can happen... M.Haifa never met B. Munich

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 03:01 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
I hope it will be a good game. Maccabi's luck isnt on its side this time, but they can certainley suprise, though the away match wont be so good...statistically, Israeli teams lost big playing Munich at home..... but anything can happen... M.Haifa never met B. Munich
Call me pessimistic, but i see a merciless victory by bayern over us when we go to the allianz arena
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 03:16
Forum Manager
Legend

Levy is a smart coach. The players are young and talented. Naturally they would feel the pressure of facing big names, but he is doing the right thing in coming out to the media saying they will show pride and they could surprise because this way they will enter motivated.

Imagine if Levy said that their players are crap compared to Bayern, they would come and lose "merciless" if Yarok permits me to use the term he mentioned above.

Haifa will surely give Bayern problems. The heat, the speedy and technical players, plus the well known warm crowd in Israel will make Bayern feel some pressure.

The game will be decided on details, if Haifa manages to convert their opportunities they might surprise, if they lose too many chances and concede first then they are done.

Anyways, since i like to be optimistic despite all, i predicted a 2-1 win for Haifa.
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2009, 03:20
Forum Manager
Legend

Probable lineup for tommorow:

Davidovich; Meshumar, Keinan, Teixeira, Mesilela; Kiyal, Boccoli, Golasa, Ghadir, Katan; Dvalishvili.

Culma is suspended due yellow cards and Keinan returns to the heart of defense alongside Teixeira.
Shai Maimon goes to the bench.

Good luck Haifa!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in