Uefa could punish Haifa for smoke flares - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2009, 21:44 Thread Starter
Star Player

Uefa could punish Haifa for smoke flares

In the red bull stadium in Salzburg Austria the haifa fans lit several flare in the beginning and middle of the match. Uefa bans the use of such flares and we may be punished for it....i just hope it won't be serious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old August 19th, 2009, 23:34
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
You will probably just be fined 10000 Swiss Francs or something...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2009, 00:06
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
As long as it's only money, I don't care too much

Class is permanent.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2009, 01:05
Rising Star

Teams: Liverpool
HA!
Are you kidding me! You can fine hundreds of teams in Europe then!

Complete Bull sh*t.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2009, 04:17
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
You will probably just be fined 10000 Swiss Francs or something...
I hope you are right, but since we are talking about Uefa against Israel situation i wouldn´t be so optimistic unfortunately.

The laser issue with Aouate in the qualifiers for example ended up in fine for the Greeks, let´s the same measure is taken here.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2009, 20:29
International

Well, I do think a punishment is OK because let´s face it, those flares are dangerous and should not be smuggled inside stadiums. But as said, if you have to sanction any team for it, then half of the teams in the European cups can receive a fine... A punishment is OK but they have to use equal measurements and punish all teams equally hard. Since other teams got away with just a small sum of money for similar facts, I expect the same with Haifa. A game in front of a closed stadium or so would be unfair...

I am not that confident though because UEFA like to punish small clubs hard to set an example (like saying "this is what happens when you break the rules") while leaving the big clubs unpunished for similar facts. Remember how some team from Latvia or Lithuania (I can´t think of the name anymore) 1 or 2 years back was banned from European football because they had some debts, meanwhile clubs like Real Madrid and several English teams have had debts for many years and UEFA does nothing even when they spend millions on new players. For UEFA it is easier to sanction a team from Israel, Cyprus, Croatia, Estonia or so than to set an example by giving the big clubs equally big punishments. Remembering that, you can expect anything with UEFA
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2009, 21:08
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
Well, I do think a punishment is OK because let´s face it, those flares are dangerous and should not be smuggled inside stadiums. But as said, if you have to sanction any team for it, then half of the teams in the European cups can receive a fine... A punishment is OK but they have to use equal measurements and punish all teams equally hard. Since other teams got away with just a small sum of money for similar facts, I expect the same with Haifa. A game in front of a closed stadium or so would be unfair...

I am not that confident though because UEFA like to punish small clubs hard to set an example (like saying "this is what happens when you break the rules") while leaving the big clubs unpunished for similar facts. Remember how some team from Latvia or Lithuania (I can´t think of the name anymore) 1 or 2 years back was banned from European football because they had some debts, meanwhile clubs like Real Madrid and several English teams have had debts for many years and UEFA does nothing even when they spend millions on new players. For UEFA it is easier to sanction a team from Israel, Cyprus, Croatia, Estonia or so than to set an example by giving the big clubs equally big punishments. Remembering that, you can expect anything with UEFA

Let´s hope this won´t harm Maccabi Haifa.

In Italy until today fans manage to smuggle in flares and bombs in the stadium and of course they aren´t punished.

Until now no comment on the issue.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2009, 17:48
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
Let's hope it stays that way.

Class is permanent.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2009, 18:22
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Justice is served...

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2009, 18:26
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Let´s hope this won´t harm Maccabi Haifa.

In Italy until today fans manage to smuggle in flares and bombs in the stadium and of course they aren´t punished.

Until now no comment on the issue.
Exactly, your example is perfect. If flares would be a reason to ban the crowd for 1 or 2 European games, no Italian team could ever play in Europe without being sanctioned at least once a season. Flares are the norm there, rather than the exception.

But then like I said, UEFA mainly punishes small teams to set an example and say like "hey, we follow the rules". They don´t dare to sanction clubs from big leagues. So it is much more likely that an Israeli team would get punished for flares than an Italian team. Just like they banned one Eastern European team (I still cannot remember the name but it was from one of the Baltic states) for having debts, while the Champions League is full of English and Spanish clubs having debts while UEFA does nothing about that. UEFA are cowards, they like to show they follow their own rules but only do it to small teams, as soon as a big club violates the rules they are afraid that punishing them would cost them sponsorship money. It´s OK to follow the rules and punish clubs who misbehave, but the same punishment should be applied to ALL clubs, even when the club is named Real Madrid or Juventus Turin. UEFA would never apply the same punishment for those than they would for some Luxembourger or Moldovan team ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in