Europa League: Maccabi Netanya - Sliema - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 15:30 Thread Starter
Star Player

Europa League: Maccabi Netanya - Sliema

VS.

Second qualifying round - 23 July 2009 19:00 (CET) (20:00 local time) - Bloomfield - Tel Aviv - Israel

I figure this is the match which is worth a thread in regards to Israeli clubs in Europe. So far the other two clubs (Haifa and B. Yehuda) are clear to progress to the next stage. Netanya who we have already assumed will play Galatasaray in the next stage is still not even sure to pass this stage as they finished the first leg at 0-0. On paper Netanya should go through but in football anything can happen. Some netanya players even said that this team should be an easy pass and that in the second leg they will show their presence. Anyone know the line-up that is anticipated for both teams?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2009, 23:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Guess the lineup will most likely be the same of the previous match.

So we will have something like this:

Daniel Lifshitz; Orel Degani, Zeev Haimovich, Maoz Samyia, Klemi Saban; Ravid Gazal, Almog Cohen, Dela Yampolski, Shalev Menashe; Ahmed Saba, Pires Mugarbi.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2009, 00:24
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Ahmed Saba and Firas Mugrabi no wonder they dont score if u know what i mean....buajajajaja...!!!

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2009, 00:40
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
Ahmed Saba and Firas Mugrabi no wonder they dont score if u know what i mean....buajajajaja...!!!
Yeah i know exactly what you mean

Shechter is sorrowly missed in Netanyas attack. If with him they didn´t score so much imagine without him.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2009, 01:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Sliema have landed in Israel and are having high hopes. The team captain Ivan Woods said that the chances are 50-50.
The coach was more moderate on his speech saying that Netanya are favourites, but that his team is ready to take a fight. Shalev Menashe was mentioned to be Netanya`s most dangerous player.

Meanwhile Nati Azaria and Ravid Gazal said Netanya are a clearly better side, but that they shouldn´t enter the pitch with "their noses up high" and must prove this so called superiority in the pitch.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2009, 02:43
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Good luck with Netanya.

Is that picture of Bloomfield or Ramat Gan stadium? 2 stadiums in Israel i never been too

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2009, 13:21
International

Bloomfield that is. Ramat Gan is much bigger and has open corners between the different stands. Bloomfield is more compact but has closed corners, no gaps between the different stands.

Ramat Gan is of course best if you know you will be able to sell it out completely (eg Champions League game of Haifa versus Barcelona or so - Ramat Gan by far the best option then). For games like this one versus Sliema, you won't sell out R.G. anyway while in a compact stadium with good acoustics and stands close to the pitch you have a good atmosphere that benefits the home team. Bloomfield is a good choice for this sort of games. Teddy as well, but the distance to Netanya probably a bit too far compared to Bloomfield.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2009, 22:41
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
Bloomfield that is. Ramat Gan is much bigger and has open corners between the different stands. Bloomfield is more compact but has closed corners, no gaps between the different stands.

Ramat Gan is of course best if you know you will be able to sell it out completely (eg Champions League game of Haifa versus Barcelona or so - Ramat Gan by far the best option then). For games like this one versus Sliema, you won't sell out R.G. anyway while in a compact stadium with good acoustics and stands close to the pitch you have a good atmosphere that benefits the home team. Bloomfield is a good choice for this sort of games. Teddy as well, but the distance to Netanya probably a bit too far compared to Bloomfield.
Exactly, you summed pretty well. Bloomfield in these occasions is more suitable, especially when the team is not from the so called "Big 4" (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Maccabi Haifa, Beitar Jerusalem, Hapoel Tel Aviv). Last season Lothar Matthaeus and Daniel Jammer complained that even when the club were fighting for the title last season the maximum they brought to the "Kufsa" was around 5,000 - 6,000. This was the peak, their average was about 2,000 fans.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2009, 23:00 Thread Starter
Star Player

if they don't fill it up then the new stadium will look a bit pathetic with 12.000 places and only 5.000 attending at most
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2009, 23:01
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Exactly, you summed pretty well. Bloomfield in these occasions is more suitable, especially when the team is not from the so called "Big 4" (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Maccabi Haifa, Beitar Jerusalem, Hapoel Tel Aviv). Last season Lothar Matthaeus and Daniel Jammer complained that even when the club were fighting for the title last season the maximum they brought to the "Kufsa" was around 5,000 - 6,000. This was the peak, their average was about 2,000 fans.
I dont know why they are talking heads over heels for the new netanya stadium..it will draw the same amount...possibly for big games against the 4 ofcourse and the NT.

People in Israel dont have time to enjoy soccer like they do in say...Croatia or Greece where attendance minimum for a upper leauge game ranges from 8 to 12,000! :frustrat:

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2009, 23:15
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
I dont know why they are talking heads over heels for the new netanya stadium..it will draw the same amount...possibly for big games against the 4 ofcourse and the NT.

People in Israel dont have time to enjoy soccer like they do in say...Croatia or Greece where attendance minimum for a upper leauge game ranges from 8 to 12,000! :frustrat:
The thing is Israel isn´t a big country. (Ok Croatia has less population than Israel and still they manage to bring many fans). If you see Netanya has a considerabl fanbase, but not a big one in order to compete with the Big 4. So maybe only if they qualified for the CL they would pack the stadium.

If you the average of Beitar, Haifa, Hapoel and Maccabi they will range about 10,000 which is very good considering the size of the country.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2009, 19:23
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
1-0 to Netanya! Samya!

Big goal for Netanya!! Hopefully they can hold on to the result.

Class is permanent.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2009, 19:43
Star Player

GOAL Ezra! 2-0!

It looks like Netanya is going through! 4 minutes left

Class is permanent.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2009, 20:03
Star Player

Actually ended up 3-0
Sabaa scored the third.

So far so good for Israeli teams in Europe!

Class is permanent.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2009, 00:17
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
The thing is Israel isn´t a big country. (Ok Croatia has less population than Israel and still they manage to bring many fans). If you see Netanya has a considerabl fanbase, but not a big one in order to compete with the Big 4. So maybe only if they qualified for the CL they would pack the stadium.

If you the average of Beitar, Haifa, Hapoel and Maccabi they will range about 10,000 which is very good considering the size of the country.

Still...its interest...Fan attendance doesnt mean much when you have it on TV and what not. but its all about the support you give as well as the profit you make from a game. You make money from games....

But fans dont know that they need to come out to games. Staying at home wont help...Were a small country and for fans to come to a game...and pack 5000 seater stadium...show some support...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2009, 00:21
Legend

Good game for Netanya...

Good luck in Galatarasay..i hope they will atleast surprise...
Turkish fanatisism needs to be heeded.

Would be interesting to see Turkish fans in Israel...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2009, 03:12
Forum Manager
Legend

Congrats for Netanya. For the first time in their history they passed from a round in European competition.

They will need more than luck to go through Galatasaray. At least they will play without the pressure of winning.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2009, 06:30
Legend

Really?

I thought they competed in the early 90's in some European competitions and did ok?

Or am i mistakening them for Bney Yehuda and Maccabi/Hapoel Petach tikva?

Infact..which teams in general been to Europe since we started? Anyone got figures? Berko?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2009, 18:57
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Really?

I thought they competed in the early 90's in some European competitions and did ok?

Or am i mistakening them for Bney Yehuda and Maccabi/Hapoel Petach tikva?

Infact..which teams in general been to Europe since we started? Anyone got figures? Berko?
I will post my answer on the Israeli clubs in European competitions Thread. Take a look.https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showth...=1#post7209675

Last edited by berko; July 24th, 2009 at 19:03.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2009, 20:44
Premier Player

Teams: Galatasaray
Quote:
Good game for Netanya...

Good luck in Galatarasay..i hope they will atleast surprise...
Turkish fanatisism needs to be heeded.

Would be interesting to see Turkish fans in Israel...
What do you think that can happen to Turkish fans in Israel ?

To be honest, I feel little strange about that game. When there was the game between Gaziantepspor and Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Hapoel fans came to Turkey with Turkish flags. When there was the game Maccabi Tel-Aviv-Kayseri Erciyesspor, I had the occasion to talk online to some Maccabi fans, and they had quite good opinion about Turkey.
So I have the impression that Israeli people don't have problems with Turkey.

On the other hand, many Turkish people hate Israel because what happens in Palestine. There was this basketball game between Turkish and Israeli, where there were many troubles last year. But I think it is really wrong to condamn all people for that. Sivasspor player, Pini Ballili, was booed when he came to GS stadium, and there were anti-Israeli songs launched by core fans. It made quite a scandal in Turkey, where Ballili is much appreciated.

So I hope there will be no trouble and that our board will warn the fans against any trouble, that could bring us fines. I don't see rational reason for Turks to hate Israeli team, and this is a football game anyway. I think there will be Palestinian flags in GS stadium, but I wouldn't support it personally. This is not our business.

We had Haďm Revivo playing for us some years ago btw.

When the going get tough, only the tough get going.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in