Maccabi Haifa FC - Glentoran FC - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: The result for tonight?
Haifa Win 4 80.00%
Draw 0 0%
Glentoran will suprise! 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 09:33 Thread Starter
Star Player

Maccabi Haifa FC - Glentoran FC

VS.

Second qualifying round - 15 July 2009 19:50 (CET) (20:50 local time) - Kiryat Eliazer - Haifa - Israel

I'm certainly ready for this one...i predict 3-0 for Haifa. We will field the two new signing in my opinion, but the rest is usual squad. With their players smoking and our players training and signing strong young players I think its easy to say we'll take it, but never forget maccabi- santa colma and neither should our boys at haifa. Good luck to us. ירוק עולה!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 19:28
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
GOAL!!!

1-0 Refaelov!

YALLA MACCABI

Class is permanent.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 19:36
Star Player

Halftime 1-0 to Haifa...

any news on how the game has been?

Class is permanent.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 20:00
Star Player

2-0 YANIV KATAN!

Class is permanent.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 20:07
Star Player

3-0!

Dvalishvili! This is what I like to see! Maccabi Haifa to win the champions league this year!

Class is permanent.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 20:33
Star Player

5-0!

4th goal from Dvalishvili again and the 5th from Arbeitman

Haifa is cruising

Class is permanent.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 20:37
Star Player

and now a 6th goal! I'm only following using LiveScore and I'm not even bored just keeping track of the score!

Goal by Shahbary

Class is permanent.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 20:41
Star Player

and it's all over!
FT: 6-0 Maccabi Haifa

I vote Davidovich starts as Striker for the second leg

Class is permanent.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 21:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

hahhaaha my prediction was doubled, so far the most goals scored by one team in this round. I agree with you tino, davidovich as striker

actually in all seriousness, let the big guys rest and let us see some of the young guys also give poor Bello (our patient nigerian) a chance to show himself!! Look at our bench....good god we have golasa, bello, arbietman, and boccoli on the bench hungry for a chance.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 21:20 Thread Starter
Star Player

by the way this was a record breaker for most goals scored by an israeli team in a european tournament....
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 22:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Gal, i missed your match previews with the team logos and the stadium picture

Well, As mentioned by you guys, easy win for Haifa and i liked the way Elisha Levy oriented his players not to underestimate the opponent despite observing that their striker smoked before practice.:rollani:
Haifa should keep the focus and respect Glentoran since in football anything could happen (not that i believe they will surprise, but why take the risk). We have the tendency to think that after a big win we are already the best and this is dangerous and we had many examples in the past with out clubs and NT.

IMO it is a good idea to test other players, but on the other hand we are still in the beginning of the season and despite a good training camp and results, Haifa still has to gel up and gain even more teamwork and the Glentoran match would be a nice experiment for a certainly more difficult opponent in the next round.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 22:48 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Gal, i missed your match previews with the team logos and the stadium picture

Well, As mentioned by you guys, easy win for Haifa and i liked the way Elisha Levy oriented his players not to underestimate the opponent despite observing that their striker smoked before practice.:rollani:
Haifa should keep the focus and respect Glentoran since in football anything could happen (not that i believe they will surprise, but why take the risk). We have the tendency to think that after a big win we are already the best and this is dangerous and we had many examples in the past with out clubs and NT.

IMO it is a good idea to test other players, but on the other hand we are still in the beginning of the season and despite a good training camp and results, Haifa still has to gel up and gain even more teamwork and the Glentoran match would be a nice experiment for a certainly more difficult opponent in the next round.
well we must bring this israeli football forum back to life and the best way is by making it look professional, maybe they'll give us out maccabi tlv and haifa sub-forums back

anywyas i agree with you berko...i am not so scared of the second leg obviously, but this 6-0 win could get too deep in the heads of the haifa players, and it scares me to think that after such a win they will belittle even the next opponent. I hope we are still hungry for success and don't belittle this whole qualifying track to the CL group stage. Can't get too confident.

Also, very impressed with our new georgian, he was hungry for goals and he took alot of shots (you don't see enough of that from our israeli players) this guy was not scared to shot and miss because he knew that against a team like this where the keeper is not top notch you can threaten him from anywhere. I forgot who took the shot far outside the box one time but it really threatned the keeper who didn't even catch the ball but just managed to hit his chest. And this is how we need to play, we can't be scared to take shots on goal because it marks presence and there is always a chance of scoring from the rebound or from a corner (also, our playing in the air was far superior to theirs...every ball in the air that was 50/50 we took from them easily)
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2009, 23:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
well we must bring this israeli football forum back to life and the best way is by making it look professional, maybe they'll give us out maccabi tlv and haifa sub-forums back

anywyas i agree with you berko...i am not so scared of the second leg obviously, but this 6-0 win could get too deep in the heads of the haifa players, and it scares me to think that after such a win they will belittle even the next opponent. I hope we are still hungry for success and don't belittle this whole qualifying track to the CL group stage. Can't get too confident.

Also, very impressed with our new georgian, he was hungry for goals and he took alot of shots (you don't see enough of that from our israeli players) this guy was not scared to shot and miss because he knew that against a team like this where the keeper is not top notch you can threaten him from anywhere. I forgot who took the shot far outside the box one time but it really threatned the keeper who didn't even catch the ball but just managed to hit his chest. And this is how we need to play, we can't be scared to take shots on goal because it marks presence and there is always a chance of scoring from the rebound or from a corner (also, our playing in the air was far superior to theirs...every ball in the air that was 50/50 we took from them easily)
Exactly!! Haifa has a lot of players who shoot well. Like you said Dvalishvili showed a lot of technique and good shooting. Katan we already know what he is capable of. Boccoli with his mid range shots is always dangerous, even Eyal Meshumar began to shoot from a big distance (remember his saviour goal last season in the title race against Hapoel. He scored the winner two minutes from time, guess it was against Hapoel Petah Tikva or Sakhnin). Anyways, the draw is on Friday, let´s see what Haifa will have ahead of them. They will need to go through the next round to at least in case of defeat play in Uefa Cup.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2009, 22:29 Thread Starter
Star Player

yes this is important to get into europa league (uefa cup)...and yes meshumar was great last night...his 2 assists were very nice...he's the kind of player i like because he isn't scared to push the offense up, he's got alot of pace and spirit when he holds the ball. I hope we can manage to get trhought the 3rd round

also forgot to mention katan, that was quiet a goal he scored (great dribbling ability)
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2009, 00:02
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
i polled that Glentoran would suprise...im making more enemies then friends...

HEZBOLLAH!!! TEN MAKA!
HEZBOLLAH!! TEN MAKA!
HEZBOLLA!!! TEN MAKA!

EFO?!?!?!?!

ETZEL MAKKKABI HAIFA

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2009, 01:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
i polled that Glentoran would suprise
Perhaps they still did. Not many would of predicted they'd be this bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2009, 03:33
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILA View Post
Perhaps they still did. Not many would of predicted they'd be this bad.
Neither did Haifa. It was expected a real tough defensive game from Glentoran, but 6-0 was way too much.
Well, after we saw a player smoking just before practice in a Cl qualifier, maybe in part explains that the team wasn´t so focused afterall. But anyways, Haifa has a better team and they deserved to win by a big margin.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2009, 07:39 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
i polled that Glentoran would suprise...im making more enemies then friends...

HEZBOLLAH!!! TEN MAKA!
HEZBOLLAH!! TEN MAKA!
HEZBOLLA!!! TEN MAKA!

EFO?!?!?!?!

ETZEL MAKKKABI HAIFA
מה קשור?
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2009, 20:18
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ירוק OLE! View Post
מה קשור?
Ein kesher. Ani rak iodea she ha manhig shel ha mehablim ha elu hu ben zona!!!

Lo katavti et ha shem kan ki anashim mi hutz la forum shelanu iecholim likro et ze ve ihiu lanu bayot.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2009, 00:02
International

Seriously guys, did you expect anything else? OK, I thought more of 4-0 or so but seriousloy, I lived in NI for 2 years and this league is very very poor. And Glentoran is not even the best side in the country, it was quite surprising Linfield did not renew their title last year. Haifa was 99 pct sure of qualification before the kick off allready.

Next round will in theory be a relatively easy one as well, as in: there were much tougher opponents possible. So with some luck in the draw in the last qualifier, we may see an Israeli team in the CL again this year! Would Haifa be seeded in the last qualifying round if they beat the Kazakhs?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in