Israeli Clubs in European Cups 2009-2010 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 275 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2009, 22:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Israeli Clubs in European Cups 2009-2010

Draw has been made for the Champions League qualifying round and Maccabi Haifa has been drawn to play Glentoran of Northern Ireland. First game to be held in Israel on July 14th or 15th.

In the Uefa Europa League (The new name of the Uefa Cup), Bney Yehuda was drawn against Simurq from Azerbaijan.

Maccabi Netanya and Hapoel Tel Aviv the other Israeli representatives will start their campaigns on the second and third round respectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 275 (permalink) Old June 25th, 2009, 00:11
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Where is Beitar?!?!?

Anyway..... Maccabi Haifa has a easy first game..... N. Ireland teams are amatuer and dont pose a real threat anyhow...

Bney Yehuda is also a very easy but tricky game as they need to bulk up a little bit cause u never know what u can expect from the Azeri's

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #3 of 275 (permalink) Old June 28th, 2009, 04:09 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
Where is Beitar?!?!?

Anyway..... Maccabi Haifa has a easy first game..... N. Ireland teams are amatuer and dont pose a real threat anyhow...

Bney Yehuda is also a very easy but tricky game as they need to bulk up a little bit cause u never know what u can expect from the Azeri's
Beitar was not granted the permission to play in European competition this season due to its financial turmoil after Gaidamek announced he wouldn´t give any cent more at the club.
Being so Beitar wouldn´t be able to honour the contract of most of the players and couldn´t afford paying Uefa a sum (actually i don´t exactly how this issue works). So Bnei Yehuda who would be the next in line got the spot and will play in Uefa.

Regarding the other draws. Haifa is favourite and shouldn´t have problems. Of course you should never underestimate and we are not in a position to do so,(remember Santa Coloma against Maccabi Tel Aviv) we are not world champions, but Haifa has a better team period.

Bnei yehuda should also go through even though it might have some hard task in the away game, but nothing to stop them from advancing.

Hapoel will be seeded and will probably go through.
regarding netanya it will depend on the draw and how their squad will be after this cucumber season. Most of their main players will leave.

post #4 of 275 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2009, 08:10
International

I used to live in Belfast for 2 years so I know the Northern Ireland pretty well. Glentoran are not exactly amateur as in: they have a handful of professionals (although that's less than half of their selection of players, the majority are semi-pro). Should be an easy one for Haifa as long as they don't make the mistake of underestimating Glentoran and thinking it will all go without the slightest efford. But 90% chance of qualifying I'd say. Glentoran will probably need to move their game to another stadium also as The Oval is not matching UEFA criteria (it is basically big enough but it's old and in bad state). Not a bad thing for the travelling fans because The Oval is in a very rough neighbourhood where it's not advisable to walk around after dark. The game may be played at Windsor Park which is the nation stadium and home of Glentoran's bitter rivals Linfield, although nothing is official about that, Windsor however seems the most realistic option whereas other options would be to move the game away out of Belfast and play it in the countryside towns of Lurgan or Ballymena.
post #5 of 275 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2009, 22:31
Star Player

Teams: Norn Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
The Oval is in a very rough neighbourhood where it's not advisable to walk around after dark.

I'd very strongly disagree with that.

Haifa should have no problems at all, way out of Glentorans league.

Also Isrealis are very strongly welcomed in that part of the city, it is not uncommon to see your the flag flying outside the Oval

end football Apartheid in Ireland!!
post #6 of 275 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2009, 23:40
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumba View Post

Also Isrealis are very strongly welcomed in that part of the city, it is not uncommon to see your the flag flying outside the Oval
like i posted in the other thread

FU|CKING IRISH-CATHOLIC PUNKS!!!!!!!! :frustrat:

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #7 of 275 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2009, 02:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumba View Post

Thank You very much!

The same for you guys.
post #8 of 275 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2009, 10:30
International

kappa, don't be fooled ... I mean, both pictures are totally ridiculous tribalism. The average of those people don't give a damn about the daily lives of people in Israel or Palestine. They just think in a way like "Israel and palestine is like occupier and the occupied, which is the same like UK occupying part of Ireland". That's all there is behind this displaying Israeli or Palestinian flags, there is no sincerely intended support for neither of both, but more a tribalist/self-pitying way of thinking. In the end, the average person there doesn't give a damn about what happens in Israel (I said "the average", of course exceptions exist). In my time in NI I saw plenty of Israeli flags in protestant areas and plenty of Palestinian and Basque flags in catholic areas. It is simple tribalism and by no means sincerely intended support for neither Israel nor Palestine.

And seriously, do you want that Israeli flag remotely close to a sign of the UDA? The UDA is a paramilitary organisation that caused a lot of violence, it is not that different from the IRA in that perspective and in a way not even that different from the likes of Hezbollah. Do you really want to feel even the tiniest sympathy for such an organisation just because they wave an Israeli flag (without really caring about Israel at all)? I wouldn't want the flag of my country anywhere near the signs of an organisation that sees violence as the solution to a conflict.

Also, maybe I should make a correction to my previous post: I am not saying the neighbourhood of the Oval is necessarily dangerous, I am just saying it looks rough and gives you an uncomfortable feeling when walking around there alone. I mean, violent murals that praise violence against the enemy, very dirty streets (including a set of streets of which only 1 house is populated and all others are abandoned), the docks very close by where at night nobody walks around ... It ain't the nicest part of Belfast, that's for sure.
post #9 of 275 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2009, 22:53
Legend

UDA is freedom fighters
UDA has branches in Toronto.... they welcome all the chosen people

they even have a david star on their flag!

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #10 of 275 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2009, 00:41
Rookie

Quote:
UDA is freedom fighters
UDA has branches in Toronto.... they welcome all the chosen people

they even have a david star on their flag!
Dude, are you for real? Get your head checked.
post #11 of 275 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2009, 12:21
International

OK, let's set this straight. UDA is a paramilitary organisation. As in: an organisation that uses and advocates violence to achieve their goals. Regardless if you agree with their goals or not, the fact they are a violent organisation that caused lot of bloodspilling and deaths cannot be denied. UDA in that perspective is not different from IRA, Hezbollah or ETA to name just a few of the many. They use violence and harm/kill innocent people for the sake of political targets.

Why would you want to even be remotely associated with an organisation like that?? The logo with that red hand of Ulster (read the story behind that ...) gives me an uncomfortable feeling really, I would not want the flag of my country within any short distance of this type of organisations.

Approving UDA is equal to approving Hezbollah, IRA or whatever of similar organisations. Because if you approve UDA you approve the use of violence and murdering innocent people simply because of their religion, nationality or political viewpoints. Name me one good reason please why you would want to have anything to do with such people ...

Sorry if this post borders politics, but some facts needed to be set straight here. Whoever considers UDA as a set of heroic freedom fighters has been misinformed, full stop. The moment the forum contains posts approving violence against innocent citizens, I think facts need to be clarified regardless of the political undertone.
post #12 of 275 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2009, 03:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

The Israeli European season started today with Bnei Yehuda beating Simurq in Azerbaijan 1-0 goal from defender Din Mori.

Second leg in Israel next week.
post #13 of 275 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2009, 03:24
Legend

is this Inter-Toto?

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #14 of 275 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2009, 03:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
is this Inter-Toto?
No, it is the Europa Liga, the new name for the Uefa Cup. There isn´t Intertoto anymore.
post #15 of 275 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2009, 06:09
Legend

Why is it starting so early?

This whole format is making me a bit adjudicated

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #16 of 275 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2009, 18:24 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Why is it starting so early?

This whole format is making me a bit adjudicated
They increased the number of teams, consequently the number of rounds in the competition. For example if Maccabi Haifa wants to qualify for the CL group stage, instead of facing two opponents they will now have to face three. The same happens in the Europa Liga.

Also in the end of the season we will have the World Cup and the leagues will need to end a bit earlier so that the NT`s could prepare themselves for the big event.
post #17 of 275 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2009, 00:29 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Bnei Yehuda will play later in the evening the second leg of the Europa Liga Round 1 and their first ever home match in European competition.

The team from the Shkunat ha Tikva won the first leg in Azerbaijan against Simurq 1-0 and is favourite to go through.

Probable lineup: Dele Aiyebugba; Oz Raly, Ivan Garrido, Din Mori, Kfir Edri; Maharan Radi, Hasan Abu Zaid, Pedro Galvan, Liroy Zhairi, Asi Baldut (Moshe Biton), Eliran Atar.
post #18 of 275 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2009, 18:31
Star Player

Teams: Man City, Liverpool, Maccabi Haifa, Brighton, Portland
Bnei Yehuda is 2-0 up right now in the 73rd minute...

looks like they'll be heading to the next round!

Class is permanent.
post #19 of 275 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2009, 20:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

And the game finished 3-0 for Bnei Yehuda.
Pedro Galvan scored twice and Moshe Biton entered in the second half to add the third.

Bnei Yehuda are qualified and in the next round they face Dinaburg from Latvia.
post #20 of 275 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2009, 19:32
Legend

Another easy team to play.
Latvian players are only strong abroad. There leauge is not good. Its good that they are dodging the top clubs or the clubs that would give them a hard time

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in