the epic Bnei Eilat thread - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2008, 15:53 Thread Starter
International

the epic Bnei Eilat thread

Epic clubs deserve their own topic.

A while go someone here told me Eilat had one club, called Bnei Eilat, playing in the 6th and lowest level. Now wikipedia in their overview of the Israeli league system says they are no longer in the lowest division but have promoted to 5th division. I know Wikipedia is not always correct though, so can anyone check if this is correct? The sites I found having results of all division, are all in Hebrew. As Eilat quite interests me (for foreigners it is the most likely city to easily find a job in) I would quite like to know if they have indeed promoted.

I tell you, these guys are on their way up to the top. In a few years they will be in the highest division, playing Haifa, Beitar and Maccabi Tel Aviv in front of a sold out newly built stadium in Eilat. I think these guys will make it big Just think about it. They have all it needs to build a top team. Players worldwide will love to play for them and live in a town that is sunny and pleasant 12 months per year. There is lots of money in the local tourism industry, so funding the construction of a 20000 capacity stadium will be no problem. Fans of visiting teams (both Israeli teams or European teams when playing Eilat in the UEFA Cup) will love to visit the city and spend some days in the sun combined with a football game. I tell you, Bnei Eilat will be the next top team in Israeli football, Beitar and Maccabi Haifa better watch out because a new force is rising Mark my words, in less than 10 years Eilat is going to play Juventus and Real Madrid in the Champions League
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2008, 22:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Yeah gues you already picked a team to cheer for in Israel. Bnei Eilat is Liga Beit - Darom Beit, which is the 5th division. Currently they stand in third position three points behind traditional Zafririm Holon who some years ago were facing the league giants in Ligat Ha Al.
Evrything is possible, apprently they are improving and will fight for that promotion.
Kappa, must be rejoicing since he was born in Holon and my grandfather lived there many years, so for me is something special aswell.
post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2008, 03:43
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
nice dream....

post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2008, 19:39 Thread Starter
International

El el Eilat!
post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2008, 23:15
Forum Manager
Legend

I will give you any further updates about the team.
post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2008, 10:03
Rookie

yalla eilat!! come on guys this can be great, if haifa play eilat away then i have an excuse to do a weekend in eilat.
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2008, 17:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galos10 View Post
yalla eilat!! come on guys this can be great, if haifa play eilat away then i have an excuse to do a weekend in eilat.
Yeah guess this idea will be intresting

We will have the new derby form the south, Hapoel Beersheva vs Bnei Eilat.:smileani:
post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2009, 01:39 Thread Starter
International

Updates please? Can anyone who reads Hebrew tell if Bnei Eilat is still cruising towards the top division?

Mark my words, in a few years time these guys will be title contenders Beitar better be warned!
post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old February 17th, 2009, 18:03
Rising Star

Teams: M. Tel-Aviv, Israel NT
Liga Bet, Darom Bet (G W D L GD P)

1- H. Zafririm Holon 16 13 1 2 +22 40
2- M. Ironi Sderot 16 12 3 1 +25 39
3- Bnei Eilat 16 9 3 4 +23 30
4- Dimona SC 15 9 3 3 +9 30
5- B. Ironi Ma'ale Adomim 16 9 2 5 +10 29

Only the 1st place team wins promotion
post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2009, 18:41 Thread Starter
International

With the new season starting, can anyone who reads Hebrew please keep me updated now and then on how Eilat is doing? Since they finished rather high last season I hope the promotion can be realised this season We need more teams from the south and north of the country instead of having like 5 teams from the Tel Aviv agglomeration, and admit a nice weekend trip to Eilat combined with a game would be the favourite away game for all fans of all other teams in Israel
post #11 of 96 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2009, 19:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackedpleasures View Post
With the new season starting, can anyone who reads Hebrew please keep me updated now and then on how Eilat is doing? Since they finished rather high last season I hope the promotion can be realised this season We need more teams from the south and north of the country instead of having like 5 teams from the Tel Aviv agglomeration, and admit a nice weekend trip to Eilat combined with a game would be the favourite away game for all fans of all other teams in Israel
Don´t worry we will keep updated
post #12 of 96 (permalink) Old August 22nd, 2009, 21:32 Thread Starter
International

Thanks Can anyone by the way tell me some more about the club, like when it has been founded, if they ever reached a result of any significance, pictures of their stadium, ...

And yes I am serious. I would still love to move to Israel someday in my life and Eilat is such a beautiful idyllic place. So my interest in their club is logical, I hope to see them in a higher league soon. There are not enough teams from the south in the premier division now anyway. Last season Bnei Eilat came close to promotion so I hope this season it will work out!

El El Eilat!!
post #13 of 96 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:29
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Thanks Can anyone by the way tell me some more about the club, like when it has been founded, if they ever reached a result of any significance, pictures of their stadium, ...

And yes I am serious. I would still love to move to Israel someday in my life and Eilat is such a beautiful idyllic place. So my interest in their club is logical, I hope to see them in a higher league soon. There are not enough teams from the south in the premier division now anyway. Last season Bnei Eilat came close to promotion so I hope this season it will work out!

El El Eilat!!
I have a suggestion for you then. Buy the club, since they are amateur and must be cheap and you will have a working permit in Israel.:smileani:
And you will have the pleasure to live in Eilat aswell.
post #14 of 96 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:44
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

El El Eilat!!
I checked in the IFA website about Bnei Eilat, not too much info.

Only that their team colours are dark blue and white being the latter their first uniform.

They had some names, president, contact person and a phone number.

Last season they finished third in Liga Bet with 65 points eleven points from first placed and promoted Zafririm Holon. But they could be honoured to have the second best defense only conceding 18 goals in 30 games (only losing to Zafririm Holon who conceded 16) and having the best offense with 74 goals.
post #15 of 96 (permalink) Old August 23rd, 2009, 13:37 Thread Starter
International

With Holon out of their way now, promotion should be easy this season

No pictures of the stadium? I typed "eilat football ground" in Google and found nothing, except for a blog of some tourist who stayed in Eilat and played a game of football with his friends on a local pitch (no pictures though) ...
post #16 of 96 (permalink) Old August 24th, 2009, 04:03
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
With Holon out of their way now, promotion should be easy this season

No pictures of the stadium? I typed "eilat football ground" in Google and found nothing, except for a blog of some tourist who stayed in Eilat and played a game of football with his friends on a local pitch (no pictures though) ...
Have tried to search something, but didn´t get any info. The thing is we are talking about a team from the fifth tier of Israeli football which isn´t professional. So if we have teams in our Liga Leumit (second tier) who have stadiums with capacity grounds to 3,000 spectators i suppose that Bnei Eilat plays on a ground where there must only 500 seats or something. Like the stadium in Andorra which Israel played their Euro 2008 qualifiers.
post #17 of 96 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2009, 22:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Crackedpleasures, just to inform you and keep you updated, Bnei Eilat will play their first game in Liga Beit, Darom beit (4th level) on September 26th at home against Maccabi Shearaim.
post #18 of 96 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2009, 10:47
ZZZ
Rising Star

Let's go bnei eilat!
post #19 of 96 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 19:53 Thread Starter
International

So what was the result of the opening game?

I really need to learn to read Hebrew, so that I can check these things myself...

I got a proposal: if Bnei Eilat promotes all members of the Israeli forum go to the celebration party on the beach in Eilat What do you all think?
post #20 of 96 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2009, 21:42
ZZZ
Rising Star

They won! 2-0 El El Eilat!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in