Gadymak does not care - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2008, 02:18 Thread Starter
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
Gadymak does not care

Gaydamak: Beitar can drop to third division for all I care
By Gil Shefler

Beitar Jerusalem boss Arcadi Gaydamak is so fed up with his club that he's considering cutting off its funding and letting it be demoted to the third tier as punishment for its failure to meet his expectations.

This is his message in an astonishingly outspoken and critical interview in Maariv yesterday, in which he also said he was betrayed by his country.
Advertisement

"Instead of calling it Beitar Jerusalem we'll call it Beitar Gaydamak," he said. "Maybe I'll sell it and maybe I'll keep it on a minimal budget and let it be relegated two leagues."

The Russian-born businessman who bought Beitar three seasons ago and poured money into it brought home two championships. But he now says he doesn't care about Beitar supporters and that if he could he would bar them from entering Teddy Stadium, the club's home grounds.

"The fans don't interest me, don't you get it? None of them interest me," he said. "If I could I'd prevent them from entering Teddy Stadium."

In recent months Gaydamak has frequently expressed dissatisfaction with Beitar, particularly after its failed bid to qualify for the Champions League that ended in a 5-0 debacle against Polish underdog Wisla Krakow. The team also started the season poorly in the Premier League.

Rumors concerning the curtailing of his involvement or possible departure from the club have been widespread for some time.

Yet the Maariv interview represents a seemingly irreparable split between Gaydamak and Beitar and a striking contrast from the proud owner who only last year sat alone in the stands when the club's fans were barred from attending a match. He braved Jerusalem's winter cold and waved a big Beitar flag for the whole game.

"It's my club," a much-changed Gaydamak said in the recent interview. "It's Gaydamak's club only. It doesn't belong to anyone in this country, only me."

Gaydamak's change of heart may have much to do with his business interests, which have been hit hard by the global financial crisis and a string of bad investments. In addition, his political aspirations were stung when only 7,500 people voted for him in the Jerusalem mayoral election last week.

The businessman punctuated his message yesterday with harsh criticism of Israel and its citizens.

"I'm here now because I chose to be here, but perhaps tomorrow or in a week I won't be here," Gaydamak said. "This country betrayed me and my family and, most of all, my Jewish values."

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2008, 02:19 Thread Starter
Legend

frankly speaking, it went downhill after 5-0 to Poland..i agree....
but the fact is that money does not make a team....chemistry does....

When a fat man eats and eats and then takes a break..he will go hungry.
Same with a fat paycheck...when it stops coming in...players will go hungry and start to do weird things..like slack off eventhough they are/were top top before coming to Beitar...

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2008, 03:22
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Honestly, Gaydamak seems to be a generous man, but power really got his mind nuts. He had high expectations over the elections for Jerusalem mayor and since Beitar has many fans he wanted to use this in order to achieve at least a good number of votes. Politics are a very different thing, especially when it comes to Israeli policies and not because he is owner of a big club means he now should be the mayor of our capital city!
Jewish values? Man, he could be dissapointes, but the fact he had few points has nothing to do with people "betraying his jewish values". He should be careful to what he says. Fans will become against him if he continues to speak that way.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2008, 11:05
Rookie

Well he's not wording anything right, but i slightly agree with the guy. This was the man that constantly was marked as a "proud owner" he put alot of time, money, and effort in the club, and like any big owner he expected some kind of result from the champions league, but not only did beitar fail in the champions league again, but they also suck in ligat ha'al, and i can't help but understand why he says all this. With beitar's budget they should have been 1st place without any arguements, and the fact that they were also destroyed in the champions league doesn't help it. Gaidamak also tried hard to make the fans happy but they constantly misbehave and cause the club and gaidamak problems. I would completely understand if this guy left the club, and as for his negativity about israel, its not justified. I would say though that gaidamak has been a bit bullied by the media here, but so is every other famous person, and the country in all has not "betrayed his jewish values" which is just ridicolous and has not connection to the article.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old November 28th, 2008, 20:19
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galos10 View Post
Well he's not wording anything right, but i slightly agree with the guy. This was the man that constantly was marked as a "proud owner" he put alot of time, money, and effort in the club, and like any big owner he expected some kind of result from the champions league, but not only did beitar fail in the champions league again, but they also suck in ligat ha'al, and i can't help but understand why he says all this. With beitar's budget they should have been 1st place without any arguements, and the fact that they were also destroyed in the champions league doesn't help it. Gaidamak also tried hard to make the fans happy but they constantly misbehave and cause the club and gaidamak problems. I would completely understand if this guy left the club, and as for his negativity about israel, its not justified. I would say though that gaidamak has been a bit bullied by the media here, but so is every other famous person, and the country in all has not "betrayed his jewish values" which is just ridicolous and has not connection to the article.
Agree. No connections to the "betrayal of his jewish values" mentioned by Gaydamek. But like you say he has his reasons to be angry at the fans.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old November 29th, 2008, 05:40 Thread Starter
Legend

Regardless of the fans - the main point here is Gadymak and his experience with soccer.

I dont think he has much. And to be frank, no one does...but when you compare Gadymak with Abromovich, you see that Abromovich may be wealthier, but also likes what he does. Gadymak is someone who is a bit riskier and can one day support the team and then back away from it.

Gadymak came to Beitar to win CL or the Leauge?
In most senses, yes! But in reality he came in with a strategy...
one is to run away from the issues he has in France and Russia with selling arms to Angola. Another is to become a mayor of a city and a third is to clean up his name...
clearly some succeeded but not all...

And i think that you never know what will happen next

The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

Rick James, Bitch!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in