Maccabi Haifa- Maccabi Netanya - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2008, 22:58 Thread Starter
Rookie

Maccabi Haifa- Maccabi Netanya

Well well well...this is "THE" match in my opinion. First against second. I see a haifa victory, with the game against Maccabi TLV i was telling myself that maccabi would win because haifa would get to caught up in the moment, but clearly haifa have maintained a quite but strong leadership and the players seem hungry for victory every weekend. Netanya has abeen a bit down and up but maintained the second place. I think that haifa will take this basically because there are players on the team like rafaelov and katan which are in complete control lately and are displaying the best of their ability...however, this is football and lets not forget to mention that this is israeli football, god knows what goes through these players' heads and whether they can handle the pressure, or are concentrated enough to keep their momentum. Still, i see a haifa victory more likely. Netanya can win on any given day but thats assuming they are coming to win and coming to play at their highest level because haifa has really been playing their old school style where nothing is too pretty but it is efficient, techinical, and it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2008, 01:39
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
should be an interesting match.
M. Haifa is really good..and are favorites, but you have to always see the underdog. I hope Netanya pulls an upset.

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2008, 22:11 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
should be an interesting match.
M. Haifa is really good..and are favorites, but you have to always see the underdog. I hope Netanya pulls an upset.

and so they did! absolutely great match, very well flowing and I have to say that both matches of maccabi haifa (MTV-Haifa and this match of Netanya-Haifa) have been just grea to watch. The flow of this match was great...and these are the games i love to see...score like 3-2 with lots of goals is the best to watch. First of all congrats to netanya, they deserved to win and they attacked and defended very very well. Nice goals, not too fancy but still did the job. Shechter wasn't too bad and his first goal was nice. As for haifa, i have lots to say....this team could have won the match, their attack was obviously a bit more threatening and i think that if katan would have played in the first half as he did in the end of the second half then it would have been different. Also, rafaelov with 2 good individual moves that made strauber sweat but couldn't make it in. What caused haifa to lose was the weak defense. Keyal really didn't do his job, if you look at the netanya goals you can see that their players had so much space and it was easy goals while the haifa goals were really based on good set pieces and 50/50 situations. I think levy should really take a look at the defense because it is a huge reason why haifa lost this one. All in all the atmosphere was great, nothing better than a packed stadium with lots of chanting, and good paced match...its matches like this that leave me optimistic for the israeli league. Ahhh and the ref made some really bad decisions and i think that he made some big mistakes but atleast he knew when to correct his mistakes.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2008, 11:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Some hope for our league then

Congrats for Netanya. Any team could have won the match, but Netanya proved that they could play in high level and will fight for the title until the end with Haifa. We should have an intresting season to come. With Beitar growing and who knows Maccabi Tel Aviv with Nimni in better days the league will become really spicy.

Now, one thing i would like to point out here, Lothar Matthaus, quietly is imposing his style and little by little keeping the medi on low criticism on his work. I recall in the summer when he arrived Netanya didn´t have good results in the pre season and many said he wasn´t professional, but after almost all first round gone, Netanya are first after a win at Kiriat Eliezer against the best team in the country currently.

Congrats to Matthaus aswell. Haifa shouldn´t low their heads because they are playing well and Elisha Levi has done a good job.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2008, 14:42
Premier Player

I know we have a better holding mid somewhere than Kiyal, I mean c'mon if Haifa gives up three goals get Kiyal off the NT.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2008, 15:22
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
i been telling this for SO LONG, kiyal is mega uper super duper OVERRATED, that guy sucks he's not good enough to be a starter in Haifa less to be in the NT, we got better players like Buksenboim, Unger, Yeini, Roash and many more...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2008, 18:36 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
i been telling this for SO LONG, kiyal is mega uper super duper OVERRATED, that guy sucks he's not good enough to be a starter in Haifa less to be in the NT, we got better players like Buksenboim, Unger, Yeini, Roash and many more...
I agree, he should not be on the NT and not even on the starting of Haifa. Levy needs to put more pressure on him and let him know that there are people in the youth who would love to steal his postion...put some pressure on the guy
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2008, 18:39
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorrer View Post
we got better players like Buksenboim, Unger, Yeini, Roash and many more...

thank god you are NOT the israeli national team coach !
kiyal is ten times better than these players !
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2008, 18:41
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik1983 View Post
thank god you are NOT the israeli national team coach !
kiyal is ten times better than these players !
have u seem any of the guys i named play?? cause seems like u dont..! Kiyal SUCKS, if u have a little crush on the aravi is not my fault..!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2008, 21:06
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Kiyal doesn't suck, but he is nothing special to be in the NT and bench Baruchyan for example, which is ten times better.

Oshri Roash and Shiran Yeni are better IMO than Kiyal. And plus they could play in other positions aswell. Roash for example in some games of the U-21 played central defender.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in