Maccabi Haifa-Maccabi TLV - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:55 Thread Starter
Rookie

Maccabi Haifa-Maccabi TLV

So instead of putting this on the MTLV or MH thread I thought of giving it its own thread.

This match is huge! Thats what I believe. However, most of the "big" matches this season have so far disappointed us. Buzaglo is rumoured to be attacked by Haifa fans. The game hasn't started and its also very tense. Few tickets have been left and yours truly will be there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2008, 15:13
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Ajax, MTK Budapest, Israel
Yes, a big game and money time, especially for Maccabi Tel Aviv. A negative result in Kiriat Elizer will make the pressure very big on Ben Shimon and i don't know if he will resist for a long time. Haifa is playing good football, nothing special, but consistent and they are going strong for a title run even though it is kind of early .
Maccabi Tel Aviv has the players to win, they just need to play to their full potential and as a team. Buzaglo should focus in the pitch and forget their provocations. His best answer will be playing a great match.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old October 24th, 2008, 20:50
Legend

Teams: Beitar Jerusalem, ISRAEL NT, Inter Milan,
2-1 for Monkey Tel Aviv over Habibi Haifa

:rollani:
:rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
:rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani: :rollani:
The Golani Brigade

Kol HaKavod Le Ztahal

STRAIGHT OUTTA PETACH TIKVA

Rick James, Bitch!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2008, 20:39
Premier Player

Teams: Maccabi Tel Aviv
yeah i'll with what abu kappa said, 2-1 for the mighty yellow and blue..!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old October 26th, 2008, 23:09 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa21 View Post
2-1 for Monkey Tel Aviv over Habibi Haifa
hahaha habibi haifa? well said, but you can come up with something more creative for maccabi...

anywyas i disagree, haifa play football that isn't so interesting and like berko says they play consistent good football, but its nothing special yet it gets the job done. I feel like a game in haifa will be well fought but will end a draw. Haifa want to fight for the three points, i mean both these clubs really want them and i think buzaglo (who is a huge threat as an individual when he's at his top form) needs to play proper and focus, if not it can make all the difference. Still i dont' underestimate that this match is extremely important for haifa, and just because they are not lower in the table doesn't mean they will not fight hard for it. Maccabi come for a win but haifa want the title back in their hands. I believe a strong match by a key player like rafaelov can cause problems to maccabi. There's young talents and strong strikers on both sides. Can't wait to go, shame i have to go all the way up north to watch this one, wish it was in tel-aviv....but i guess i'll have to enjoy the chilly north, watch the match and and make my way back down to the merkaz. all i hope for is a game with good attacking and some good goals, and both teams can produce such brilliance.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 16:55
Forum Manager
Legend

In a game like this there aren't favourites and it doesn't matter which positions they are in the standings. Of course from what you could see Haifa has the upperhand, but it would be a fatal mistake for them to inderestimate Maccabi Tel Aviv.
If Buzaglo doesn't focus on "warm" reception he will receive and really gets motivated to show his best he will make the difference. If you see the teams player by players, maybe we could even conclude that Maccabi has individually more players who could decide a match.

Let's see what happens. Be hatzlaha!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 19:53
International

Teams: Maccabi Haifa, FC Liverpool
1-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FANTENI BABYYYYYY

ירוק תמיד בלב ורק אחת קבוצה אוהב, והיא עושה לי ריגושים אני אתן לה את החיים.

בליבי עד המוות מכבי כל יום מודה לאל תמיד שבחיפה אין הפועל

100% ANTI MACCABI TEL AVIV
100% ANTI BEITAR "SEVEL" JERUSALEM
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 19:54
International

TEL AVIV OLLLAAAAA BA ESH

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 20:38
International

Halftime summary:

Maccabi Tel Aviv was the better team IMO. The controlled the game from the 10th minute on. We scored an early goal after 55 seconds by Fanteni, but after that foul we didnt really seem to be concentrated in enough. Igor Tomasic should have seen the red card when he was the last man fouling Fanteni (he only saw yellow). Fanteni has behave better, he seems to be overmotivated. The best player from Tel Aviv is defintely Maor Buzaglo who nearly scored from a freekick (the ball touched the bar). Our keeper Amir Edri is not the best goalie, made some minor mistakes but kept the goal clear.

BTW: I love Eyal Berkovic. He is a much better commentator than football player and evenmore funnier than Itzik Zohar.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 21:07
International

2-0, 3-0 BOOOOOOOMMM

Refaelov after a freekick, but what a mistake by Jevric.

3-0 what a great play by Yaniv Katan - Fanteni scores, what a great game from my team

OOHHHH YYYANNIIIVVVVV KAAATAAANNN OTCHHHAAA ANI OHEV

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 21:11
International

Its raining man.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2008, 21:47
International

3-2 END RESULT

Habibi Haifa won this game

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2008, 02:53
Forum Manager
Legend

Maccabi Tel Aviv played a decent game. Silly mistakes costed the game and a goal after one minute. If our team just gel up we will be strong, unfortunately Ben Shimon is not being able to organize the team and hasn't enough peace.
Berkovic is funny indeed, in his radio program he all the time makes fun. But i have to say he was a great player, better than a commentator.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2008, 16:45 Thread Starter
Rookie

great game, and i'm happy i was there. Atmosphere was great although maccabi fans really died down, but haifa fans kept up the chants quiet well. 5 goals is good for me, the rain was not so great but it was worth putting on the hoody for those goals. Haifa won which is great. Haifa played great the first 10-15 minutes of both halfs and then tel-aviv came up. Clear that maccabi made some mistakes with the substitutions. Haifa is at the top like the old days it seems. Maccabi needed these points, but i think it was important for buzaglo to throw in his "two cents" and put in that killer goal. Katan played great, you dont realize how hungry this guy is until you see how he is when the camera isn't on him and his off ball stamina is extremley high. good game for haifa and tel-aviv, i enjoyed it. Ben shimon should have put in two strikers fromt he beginning.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:32
Forum Manager
Legend

Haifa are on the right direction to win the title this season. elisha Levy brought some peace to the team and players like Katan and Rafaelov are gaining confidence again and displaying great performances.
The secret for Haifa's success this season was the low expectations for this season. A lot of quiet and hard work. Notice that in the summer Maccabi Tel Aviv and Beitar got all the highlights and now they are in midtable. It seems that in Israel, you only achieve good results when the team has some quiet to work.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2008, 09:37 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by berko View Post
Haifa are on the right direction to win the title this season. elisha Levy brought some peace to the team and players like Katan and Rafaelov are gaining confidence again and displaying great performances.
The secret for Haifa's success this season was the low expectations for this season. A lot of quiet and hard work. Notice that in the summer Maccabi Tel Aviv and Beitar got all the highlights and now they are in midtable. It seems that in Israel, you only achieve good results when the team has some quiet to work.
yea, seems like the clubs who get less media coverage in the summer end up suprising everyone. I agree with you about katan and rafaelov, they are playing great football, each one plays at his top level and i'm also happy that levy is giving a chance to the youngsters. Its not a rumour that haifa youth this year are filled with talent, and its good that levy gives them a chance in games like the toto cup against netanya (4-1 to haifa by the way)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in