Anyone else sick and tired of the media love affair with NE? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 04:45 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Anyone else sick and tired of the media love affair with NE?

Seriously, ESPN is doing a mighty fine job shoving the Patriots down our throat. Attention ESPN, America cares about the Cowboys and Packers, so let go of your east coast bias for once. Stop shoving this team noone cares about down our throat.

R.I.P Ari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 08:59
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
The Patsis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dielaugh:

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 16:30
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal,AZ ALKMAAR,MIlan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Seriously, ESPN is doing a mighty fine job shoving the Patriots down our throat. Attention ESPN, America cares about the Cowboys and Packers, so let go of your east coast bias for once. Stop shoving this team noone cares about down our throat.
NE are the team to beat in NFL 11-0 beat both Indy and Cowboys.After this season we be calling NE the best team ever. and the team of the decade.Plus Brady the best QB ever as well.

Kelly Brook The sexiest woman in the world.

And one day my future girlfreind

My twitter is Darren800 you find me there now

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 22:44
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrules
NE are the team to beat in NFL 11-0 beat both Indy and Cowboys.After this season we be calling NE the best team ever. and the team of the decade.Plus Brady the best QB ever as well.

Mmmm im falling to sleep with henryrules Lullabye !!!!!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 22:52
Legend

The Cowboy will get sweet revenge in The SuperBowl

Certified thread killer - Best on the web.

No one ever says "It's only a game!" when their team is winning .

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Kipling
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:03
outcast
Premier Player

Quote:
Seriously, Attention ESPN, America cares about the Cowboys and Packers, so let go of your east coast bias for once..
Says the guy called Dimitry

On the other hand, the rating says: many people watching them. Some love them, some admire them, many just hate them. But all watching them.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:04 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esik
Says the guy called Dimitry

On the other hand, the rating says: many people watching them. Some love them, some admire them, many just hate them. But all watching them.
Last year the top 5 rated games in the NFL all included the Cowboys. Not one had the Patriots.

R.I.P Ari
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:08
outcast
Premier Player

Quote:
Last year the top 5 rated games in the NFL all included the Cowboys. Not one had the Patriots.
Didn't we speak about this year?
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:12 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Didn't we speak about this year?
Let's see the ratings at the end of the year, I'm willing to bet the the Cowboys have the 5 highest rated games again.

R.I.P Ari
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:19
outcast
Premier Player

Given the Fact that the Patriots Colts was the highest rated game since 1996 you lost this bet before you started it.

Games can be considered Cowboys: Packers + the possible maximum 3 play off games. So best case scenario you would have 4. And even than you should feel very, very lucky.
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:22 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Given the Fact that the Patriots Colts was the highest rated game since 1996 you lost this bet before you started it.

Games can be considered Cowboys: Packers + the possible maximum 3 play off games. So best case scenario you would have 4. And even than you should feel very, very lucky.

The Patriots are the media's team, Dallas is America's team. No matter the on the field performance, the 'Boys are always the most followed team in the league. The Pats? Cheating phonies who have the media up their ass.

Imagine the ratings the Super Bowl would bring in if the Cowboys make it? It would be beyond ridiculous.

R.I.P Ari
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:26
outcast
Premier Player

Quote:
The Patriots are the media's team, Dallas is America's team. No matter the on the field performance, the 'Boys are always the most followed team in the league. The Pats? Cheating phonies who have the media up their ass.

Imagine the ratings the Super Bowl would bring in if the Cowboys make it? It would be beyond ridiculous.
But if the Pats could make it unbeaten, + the good old Favre and the Pack...perhaps that would be the highest rating ever.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
not really...

I am more sick of the ass-kissing of Brett Favre, yeah yeah he is having a good season and a good career but it's going too far now, comparing him to Tiger Woods? Tiger Woods is a world known athlete, Brett is only loved in Green Bay p
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 00:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Not really, they deserve it. Just think about it, this season will probably solidify Tom Brady as the greatest NFL QB and the Patriots as the most dominant team ever.

O GLORIOSO

post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 00:11 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
Not really, they deserve it. Just think about it, this season will probably solidify Tom Brady as the greatest NFL QB and the Patriots as the most dominant team ever.
The Patriots are not the best team ever talent wise that's for sure. Niners and 'Boys f the 80's and 90's has much more talent.

R.I.P Ari
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 05:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
How is that for sure? Perhaps, in regards to sheer size, the Cowboys of the 90s. They had the biggest OL/DL I've ever seen. However, the league is much more competitive now considering the new rules. The only rule I can think of that gives this generation an advantage is that buffer zone between the WR and Secondary which was non-existent in the past. Defenses are now smarter and have people playing in the secondary the size of LBs, but still retaining speed.

I don't see how you can argue that they are not the most dominant team in history, at least so far. Before this game, they had been beating their opponents on average by 30 points. Tom Brady is projected to throw 61 TDs this season which is incredible. If they win it all, you have to at least throw them in the running with best all-time.

O GLORIOSO

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 07:19
outcast
Premier Player

Quote:
The Patriots are not the best team ever talent wise that's for sure. Niners and 'Boys f the 80's and 90's has much more talent.
Most dominant ever does not mean necessery most talented ever. It means a relative greatness of the team among the others in it's era. And Pats looks like head and shoulder above he other teams.

And about talents: as an offense hard to find a better one in the history, with a solid defense and special team, great coaching. I would wait with judging until the end of this season.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 14:14
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
How is that for sure? Perhaps, in regards to sheer size, the Cowboys of the 90s. They had the biggest OL/DL I've ever seen. However, the league is much more competitive now considering the new rules. The only rule I can think of that gives this generation an advantage is that buffer zone between the WR and Secondary which was non-existent in the past. Defenses are now smarter and have people playing in the secondary the size of LBs, but still retaining speed.

I don't see how you can argue that they are not the most dominant team in history, at least so far. Before this game, they had been beating their opponents on average by 30 points. Tom Brady is projected to throw 61 TDs this season which is incredible. If they win it all, you have to at least throw them in the running with best all-time.

You were right, if they win it all. I am waiting till February.
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 14:18 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Most dominant ever does not mean necessery most talented ever. It means a relative greatness of the team among the others in it's era. And Pats looks like head and shoulder above he other teams.

And about talents: as an offense hard to find a better one in the history, with a solid defense and special team, great coaching. I would wait with judging until the end of this season.
The Pats have 3 titles in 6years while the Cowboys had 3 in 4. Emmit, Troy, Michale, Deion, 4 HOF Offensive lineman, Darren Woodsan, Kevin Smith...my God this team would rape the Cheatriots.

R.I.P Ari
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 14:38
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
The Pats have 3 titles in 6years while the Cowboys had 3 in 4.
The Patriots did it during the SALARY CAP era! that to me is far more impressive then winning in the 90's when your owner could buy any player he wanted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in