Anyone else sick and tired of the media love affair with NE? - Xtratime Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 04:45 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 63,212
Anyone else sick and tired of the media love affair with NE?

Seriously, ESPN is doing a mighty fine job shoving the Patriots down our throat. Attention ESPN, America cares about the Cowboys and Packers, so let go of your east coast bias for once. Stop shoving this team noone cares about down our throat.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 08:59
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite
 
colocolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Miami, Largo & Winter Springs !!!
Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Posts: 94,319
The Patsis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dielaugh:

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
colocolo is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 16:30
World Class Player
 
henryrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: LONDON
Teams: Arsenal,AZ ALKMAAR,MIlan
Posts: 8,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Seriously, ESPN is doing a mighty fine job shoving the Patriots down our throat. Attention ESPN, America cares about the Cowboys and Packers, so let go of your east coast bias for once. Stop shoving this team noone cares about down our throat.
NE are the team to beat in NFL 11-0 beat both Indy and Cowboys.After this season we be calling NE the best team ever. and the team of the decade.Plus Brady the best QB ever as well.

Kelly Brook The sexiest woman in the world.

And one day my future girlfreind

My twitter is Darren800 you find me there now
henryrules is offline  
 
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 22:44
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite
 
colocolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Miami, Largo & Winter Springs !!!
Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Posts: 94,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrules
NE are the team to beat in NFL 11-0 beat both Indy and Cowboys.After this season we be calling NE the best team ever. and the team of the decade.Plus Brady the best QB ever as well.

Mmmm im falling to sleep with henryrules Lullabye !!!!!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
colocolo is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 22:52
Legend
 
Alter Ego's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2001
Posts: 10,390
The Cowboy will get sweet revenge in The SuperBowl

Certified thread killer - Best on the web.

No one ever says "It's only a game!" when their team is winning .


Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind. -Kipling
Alter Ego is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:03
outcast
Premier Player
 
Esik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Seriously, Attention ESPN, America cares about the Cowboys and Packers, so let go of your east coast bias for once..
Says the guy called Dimitry

On the other hand, the rating says: many people watching them. Some love them, some admire them, many just hate them. But all watching them.
Esik is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:04 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 63,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esik
Says the guy called Dimitry

On the other hand, the rating says: many people watching them. Some love them, some admire them, many just hate them. But all watching them.
Last year the top 5 rated games in the NFL all included the Cowboys. Not one had the Patriots.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:08
outcast
Premier Player
 
Esik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Last year the top 5 rated games in the NFL all included the Cowboys. Not one had the Patriots.
Didn't we speak about this year?
Esik is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:12 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 63,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esik
Didn't we speak about this year?
Let's see the ratings at the end of the year, I'm willing to bet the the Cowboys have the 5 highest rated games again.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:19
outcast
Premier Player
 
Esik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Posts: 1,975
Given the Fact that the Patriots Colts was the highest rated game since 1996 you lost this bet before you started it.

Games can be considered Cowboys: Packers + the possible maximum 3 play off games. So best case scenario you would have 4. And even than you should feel very, very lucky.
Esik is offline  
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:22 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 63,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esik
Given the Fact that the Patriots Colts was the highest rated game since 1996 you lost this bet before you started it.

Games can be considered Cowboys: Packers + the possible maximum 3 play off games. So best case scenario you would have 4. And even than you should feel very, very lucky.

The Patriots are the media's team, Dallas is America's team. No matter the on the field performance, the 'Boys are always the most followed team in the league. The Pats? Cheating phonies who have the media up their ass.

Imagine the ratings the Super Bowl would bring in if the Cowboys make it? It would be beyond ridiculous.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:26
outcast
Premier Player
 
Esik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
The Patriots are the media's team, Dallas is America's team. No matter the on the field performance, the 'Boys are always the most followed team in the league. The Pats? Cheating phonies who have the media up their ass.

Imagine the ratings the Super Bowl would bring in if the Cowboys make it? It would be beyond ridiculous.
But if the Pats could make it unbeaten, + the good old Favre and the Pack...perhaps that would be the highest rating ever.
Esik is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 23:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite
 
HajdukSplit's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: FL
Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Posts: 68,757
not really...

I am more sick of the ass-kissing of Brett Favre, yeah yeah he is having a good season and a good career but it's going too far now, comparing him to Tiger Woods? Tiger Woods is a world known athlete, Brett is only loved in Green Bay p
HajdukSplit is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 00:07
Forum Manager
Legend
 
O Glorioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Location: New York
Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Posts: 13,074
Blog Entries: 3
Not really, they deserve it. Just think about it, this season will probably solidify Tom Brady as the greatest NFL QB and the Patriots as the most dominant team ever.

O GLORIOSO



O Glorioso is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 00:11 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 63,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
Not really, they deserve it. Just think about it, this season will probably solidify Tom Brady as the greatest NFL QB and the Patriots as the most dominant team ever.
The Patriots are not the best team ever talent wise that's for sure. Niners and 'Boys f the 80's and 90's has much more talent.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 05:26
Forum Manager
Legend
 
O Glorioso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Location: New York
Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Posts: 13,074
Blog Entries: 3
How is that for sure? Perhaps, in regards to sheer size, the Cowboys of the 90s. They had the biggest OL/DL I've ever seen. However, the league is much more competitive now considering the new rules. The only rule I can think of that gives this generation an advantage is that buffer zone between the WR and Secondary which was non-existent in the past. Defenses are now smarter and have people playing in the secondary the size of LBs, but still retaining speed.

I don't see how you can argue that they are not the most dominant team in history, at least so far. Before this game, they had been beating their opponents on average by 30 points. Tom Brady is projected to throw 61 TDs this season which is incredible. If they win it all, you have to at least throw them in the running with best all-time.

O GLORIOSO



O Glorioso is offline  
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 07:19
outcast
Premier Player
 
Esik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Posts: 1,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
The Patriots are not the best team ever talent wise that's for sure. Niners and 'Boys f the 80's and 90's has much more talent.
Most dominant ever does not mean necessery most talented ever. It means a relative greatness of the team among the others in it's era. And Pats looks like head and shoulder above he other teams.

And about talents: as an offense hard to find a better one in the history, with a solid defense and special team, great coaching. I would wait with judging until the end of this season.
Esik is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 14:14
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Posts: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
How is that for sure? Perhaps, in regards to sheer size, the Cowboys of the 90s. They had the biggest OL/DL I've ever seen. However, the league is much more competitive now considering the new rules. The only rule I can think of that gives this generation an advantage is that buffer zone between the WR and Secondary which was non-existent in the past. Defenses are now smarter and have people playing in the secondary the size of LBs, but still retaining speed.

I don't see how you can argue that they are not the most dominant team in history, at least so far. Before this game, they had been beating their opponents on average by 30 points. Tom Brady is projected to throw 61 TDs this season which is incredible. If they win it all, you have to at least throw them in the running with best all-time.

You were right, if they win it all. I am waiting till February.
Barca Novi Sad is offline  
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 14:18 Thread Starter
Xtratime Elite
 
Dmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2004
Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Posts: 63,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esik
Most dominant ever does not mean necessery most talented ever. It means a relative greatness of the team among the others in it's era. And Pats looks like head and shoulder above he other teams.

And about talents: as an offense hard to find a better one in the history, with a solid defense and special team, great coaching. I would wait with judging until the end of this season.
The Pats have 3 titles in 6years while the Cowboys had 3 in 4. Emmit, Troy, Michale, Deion, 4 HOF Offensive lineman, Darren Woodsan, Kevin Smith...my God this team would rape the Cheatriots.

R.I.P Ari
Dmitriy is offline  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 14:38
Xtratime Legend
 
Join Date: 08 2004
Posts: 27,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
The Pats have 3 titles in 6years while the Cowboys had 3 in 4.
The Patriots did it during the SALARY CAP era! that to me is far more impressive then winning in the 90's when your owner could buy any player he wanted.
Ambis is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome