This is why we don't need the insitigator - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2007, 01:10 Thread Starter
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
This is why we don't need the insitigator

The other night Avery and Tucker had a pre-game scrum!

Now I hate both these guys but the rumor is Avery made fun of Jason Blake and his cancer and apparently Tucker went after him. I happen to believe this because Avery is a classy guy.

This incident proved two things. 1) Avery is a piece of sh*t
2) This is why you need the instigator. You have guys like Avery and Tucker who are punks who run around with immunity if you pull the insitigators you'd have these guys sitting politely on the bench. Could you imagine Laraque or Jody Shelley going after Avery! That would teach the man a lesson. Instead someone one day will take a cheapshot at these guys and it'll be all over the news.

Espn recently made a list of the 10 worst incidents in hockey. Suprising about 6 or 7 were during the days when the instigator was removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2007, 13:39
Xtratime Legend

Don Cherry about Avery - November 10, 2007
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FnZYcmODj0U

Quote:
Leaf: 'Someone is going to kill' Avery

Wade Belak predicts it is only a matter of time before Sean Avery gets seriously clocked. Citing Avery's pre-game tomfoolery Saturday night as yet another example of why the instigator rule should be scuttled, Belak warns that the New York Rangers agitator is going to pay the price for his antics. "He's **** guys off," Belak said yesterday. "He'll bring harm to himself and not too many guys around the league are going to be sad to see it. "If he keeps this up, someone is going to kill him. One day he's going to say something the wrong way and he'll be clubbed. And I'm not saying it will be by me, either."

http://www.torontosun.com/
Sean Avery is living proof that the instigator rule must go... this stupid rule allows punks like him to stir the pot and get away with it. Belak is right, one day Avery will cross the line and will wind up being taken off the ice on a stretcher. Hell i couldn't stand him even when he played for the Wings cause he talked so much smack and he was always a ***** when it came to fighting the tough guys. I remember one of the games against the Avs, big Scott Parker was going after him and Avery just kept skating away... a first rate turtle when anyone bigger than him challenges him. Shanahan is his teammate and even he mentioned how he's not fan of all the yapping. That is a veteran's way of sending a message to a teammate to stop acting like a 12 year old.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in