New York Islanders Thread 2007/08 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2007, 03:19 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
New York Islanders Thread 2007/08

Once again the media are not predicting much for the Islanders, but last season they were actually said to finish dead last and they wound up in the playoffs and played a competitive series against the Sabres in the 1st round

The main departures are: Yashin (contract bought out) Blake (Toronto) Smyth (Colorado) Asham (New Jersey) Kozlov (Washington) Poti (Washington) Zednik (Florida)

The signings and acqusitions the Isles made: Sim (Atlanta) Guerin (Boston) Fedotenko (Tampa Bay) Comrie (Phoenix/Ottawa) Sutton (Atlanta) Johnson (Columbus) Vasicek (Carolina)

Overall the team isn't too bad, nothing spectacular but a bunch of guys who will work hard and of course the team will go wherever and however DiPietro plays

They start off the season well result wise, 6:4 win over the Sabres with Comrie scoring 2 goals. Many mistakes and sloppy play but you can't ask for a better start. Home opener is tomorrow against the same Sabres
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2007, 09:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

My mate woke me up screaming;

"Mike ****ing Comrie!!!!!!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2007, 16:36
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
First place. I'm going to the Washington gam. Front row and then I got Ranget tickets in the last row.

I'm actually excited with the Isles. Nolan has the guys playing hard and tough, people who don't think that man is a great coach are stupid. He perpetual lazy, talent unmotivated guys and gets them to buy in and gets them to work hard.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2007, 18:13
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United, Montreal Impact
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric

I wish the Sens had kept him, but I guess Hilary Duff would rather live in NY than Ottawa.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2007, 01:40 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

she is at the game today, isn't she like 19 though?! and Comrie I'm guessing late 20's?

Islanders signed Bryan Berard to a 1 year deal today, don't know really, he will provide in the power play and has a good shot but don't think he will really improve the defense. He score a goal tonight so far as the Islanders lead 2:1 in the 2nd intermission, so far so good

Though Nolan takes these "fringe" players and get's the best out of them as Cro Batman said.

Simon comes back in a few games from his suspension, who will the Isles send down? Either Tambellini or Hilbert, Tambellini should stay, Hibs is nothing more than a 4th liner and brings less to the table than Simon
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2007, 03:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Islanders win against the Rangers 2:1. Good win and Isles are 3-1 so far this season. Tomorrow against the Leafs, won't be easy as the Leafs are coming off a heavy loss

Islanders lose Freddy Meyer on waivers to the Coyotes, I guess they wanted to make room for Berard. Not a terrible loss, but who do we have as defenisve depth in the AHL? I know of Kohn, Fata but who else? Is Malec still with the organization? We foolishly got rid of O'Niell who signed for the Avs

Last edited by HajdukSplit; October 11th, 2007 at 03:45.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2007, 18:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

lol 8-1 loss to the Maple Laughs...

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampiăo, levaste 5 no Dragăo, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhaçăo!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 15:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

nice win by the Isles last night, Guerin finally gets on the score sheet and with a hattrick, Campoli is playing well, Berard has been a plus on the PP and even Bergenheim scored

I still think this team will be fighting to stay above .500 but the division certainly isn't that good, Devils aren't impressive, Rangers are struggling and Pittsburgh aren't off to a hot start

In fact, Islanders are currently 5th in the conference and 2 points behind Flyers for the division lead. Still early going though

also the Islanders schedule is ****ed up, only 3 games in 17 days
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2007, 22:23
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Isles are a first round play-off team at best. No chance against the likes of Ottawa ( who I'm picking to win the east ) and Buffalo.

R.I.P Ari
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2007, 02:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

but that's still better than what the "experts" in the hockey media predicted, they always pick the Islanders either dead last or 14th, 13th at best and yet they always "over achieve"

another good win today against the Devils, 4:3 in OT with Guerin scoring the winner. Islanders had an excellent second period but allowed the Devils to get back in the game, the winner was scored with 4 seconds left.

The team doesn't have any superstars, but they work hard and Nolan is a great coach. Though, I am not overly optimistic, I still think the Islanders will be a .500 team or a little above that
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old October 23rd, 2007, 01:12
International

I think if DiPietro keeps playing the way he's we'll be in good shape.

Islanders will have to get goals. Satan has to step up and give us 30-35 goals. I don't have faith in Vasicek or Fedetenko they've been medicore players there whole careers. Satan has the talent to be a top line guy we need him to play like that. It's a contract year so I think he'll be good.

I'm not very high on the east. Other than Ottawa and in my opinion Carolina I think the Islanders can take on anyone in the East.
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old October 25th, 2007, 03:24
International

http://www.nysun.com/article/65130?page_no=1

Finally a positive Islander's article. I think one thing though we fail to recognize is with motivating Comrie, Fedetenko, Berard, Poti, Kozloz etc. They all have talent but they all signed one year deals they are all looking for long term deals and are fighting for there careers inessence.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 19:23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoric

hmmmm wonder who that was p
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 19:33
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrix
zoric man, do you have like 5 screens in your room streaming 7 channels while simultaneously following 10 livescore websites?

p
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoRiS_ThE_BuLLetDoDgeR View Post
ZORIC!!!

Feeling depressed about Kosovo? We still have ZORIC!!!

When someone asks for the most famous Serbian exports, you answer "Slivovica, Tesla i ZORIC!!!"
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

another nice win and another shutout for DiPietro, 4:0 over the Lightning and the team continues to play well with really only a few bad games played. Nothing pretty but the team is getting the job done!
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2007, 02:27 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Islanders beat the Rangers 3:2!! another excellent come from behind win, hard work and a great win. DiPietro came up huge in the third period and we didn't committ too many dumb penalties. Also, interesting fact, the Islanders have only lost one game to their Atlantic Division opponents.

Satan is starting to get hot, DiPietro is on his game, all the things the Islanders need to succeed, only disappointments have been Hilbert who in my opinion is very lucky he is still with the team

also who is this Tim Jackman? I wasn't totally impressed with him, he looks slow and another one of these "goon" type players. I know it's not wise to bring up a youngster (Comeau, Tambellini) to play on the fourth line and play 5 minutes a game but there must be somebody better than Jackman
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2007, 22:34
International

Another good win. The Islanders are really a solid team.

DiPi is one of the best goaltenders in the league. He's played so well this year!
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 15:33 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Islanders have fallen back to reality, outside of that win against the Rangers the team lost their last 4 games, including yesterday's loss to Boston.

Islanders are currently 11-8-0, 3rd in the Atlantic division and 8th in the Conference but it's still tight with 3 teams on equal points with the Islanders
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2007, 01:46
International

I don't think we will score another goal the rest of the year.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2007, 17:53
International

Chris Simon should be thrown out the league!:thmbdown:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in