Frisco's 49ers Official Enclave - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old September 23rd, 2007, 12:45 Thread Starter
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Frisco's 49ers Official Enclave

San Francisco 49ers 2007

What have they shown us in Weeks 1 and 2? An ability to escape close games with wins. Arizona gave the Niners all they could handle in Week 1, and the Rams outgained San Fran 392-186 last Sunday. But who cares about stats? They've got two wins and that's all that matters, right? Right? Hello?

Most Pleasant Surprise: That they're actually 2-0 right now. San Francisco's looked shoddy on offense and given up a ton of yards on D. But they've taken advantage of their opponents' costly turnovers and scored enough to come out unscathed.

Potential Question Mark: The offense. San Francisco failed to gain more than 200 yards in either victory, a point that did not go unnoticed by certain members of the offense. After catching just four passes in two weeks, tight end Vernon Davis was pretty vocal on Wednesday about the nature of the San Francisco offense thus far. "We've just got to get the correct game plan," Davis told reporters. "Sometimes the game plan you use might not be the best one." When asked whether the conservative game plans from Weeks 1 and 2 would work against the top-rated Steelers defense this weekend, Davis grinned and responded with, "No way."

What's Up Ahead? The Steelers will be a real test on Sunday, with the Seahawks and Ravens coming up right after. By Week 6, the 49ers could quite possibly be a sub-.500 team.

Board this Bandwagon? Everyone's 2007 pre-season "Sleeper" pick was so sexy in the summer because of the offense. Smith, Gore, Davis, Darrell Jackson . . . this was supposed to be the year they put it together. It hasn't been the case thus far. That doesn't mean the Niners haven't played great football. But with some tough games ahead, punching that bandwagon ticket this week may be a tad premature. I'd hold off for now. Re-visit in a few weeks.

So who do I love? Pittsburgh.

Who do I like? Denver, Washington and Green Bay.

Who am I a bit hesitant on? Houston, San Francisco and Detroit.

But hey, they're your travel plans. Get on whichever bandwagons you wish. Just do it now, before you miss the boat.

Or, I guess in this case, the train.

Chairman of the BORED !!!!!& MASTER BAITER

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old October 7th, 2007, 16:58 Thread Starter
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Derrick Mason: Expected to Start Sunday with Knee Injury

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Update: Mason (knee) didn't practice for the second consecutive day Friday, but anticipates starting Sunday against the 49ers, the Carroll County Times reports. "I know Im going to be able to play," Mason said. "I just wanted to rest it a little bit."

Recommendation: Mason is as close to a plug and play vet as there is, so this sounds encouraging. Still, it's worth checking his status before Sunday's kickoff. At this point, there seems to be more concern regarding the status of tight ends Todd Heap and Daniel Wilcox.

Chairman of the BORED !!!!!& MASTER BAITER

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in