Bettman to push expansion again? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 16:39 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Bettman to push expansion again?

Bettman to push expansion?

We're fairly certain that the debate that's being kept alive by a relentless PR campaign directed by spurned Predators suitor and Hamilton, Ont., squire Jim Balsillie, is only the prelude to the commissioner's recommendation to the Board of Governors that the league expand by two teams. The drumbeat has already begun to keep the Predators in Nashville while adding Teams 31 and 32 in Hamilton and Kansas City, Mo.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07222007...rry_brooks.htm

Is he nuts? :irritate: We already have a watered down product because there's not enough talent to go around. This will make it even worse! And with the cap being so high and going up every year, we're back to where we were before the lockout! This is also a little fishy, didn't Bettman say that Winnipeg was a priority? Maybe now he will reward Balsillie the expansion franchise in Hamilton to appease him. But the Nashville situation and other franchises in the US are still on shaky ground. I think it's time for the bastard to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 16:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
yeahhh!! more teams!!

my ideal league is 24 teams, but even that may be too much
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 16:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Take away 5 American teams(Nashville, Columbus, Atlanta, Carolina, Florida) and give 3 Canadian teams(Winnipeg, Quebec, Hamilton).

You get rid of 5 awful franchises with absolutely no hope of ever prospering in their markets, and add 3 guaranteed sellouts every night.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampiăo, levaste 5 no Dragăo, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhaçăo!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2007, 03:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
agree with the 5 teams you mentioned + Phoenix, Anaheim (I know they are the Stanley Cup champs, but their attendance was awful, all of a sudden they appear when the team does well , it's more of a social event for them) and even San Jose maybe. For me, getting rid of Washington would be tough as it is the nation's capital but their attendance is awful too

The only southern teams to keep are Dallas and Tampa Bay (believe it or not they had the third best attendance). Add a team in Winnipeg, not sure about the other two because I mainly want to keep my 24 team criteria

1. NY Rangers
2. NY Islanders
3. NJ Devils
4. Philly Flyers
5. Pittsburgh Penguins
6. Boston Bruins
7. Ottawa Senators
8. Buffalo Sabres
9. Toronto Maple Leafs
10. Montreal Canadiens
11. Tampa Bay Lightning
12. Calgary Flames
13. Detroit Red Wings
14. Minnesota Wild
15. Colorado Avalanche
16. Vancouver Canucks
17. Los Angeles Kings
18. Dallas Stars
19. St. Louis Blues
20. Chicago Blackhawks
21. Winnipeg (100% deserves team)
22. San Jose Sharks? better option would be Hamilton
23. Washington Caps? or another Canadian team
24. ???

so you see even with 24 teams it might be too much but what is the point of talking about reducing teams when its obvious Bettman is blind about the league
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2007, 02:19
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
Columbus isn't too bad. They've been fairly successful even though they've still yet to make the playoffs. I would give them alot more credit them some give them.

Bettman is an idiot I think we all know that by know, he really has no clue what he's doing but we're stuck with him. He got the owners a cap so they will be beholden to him.

I'm still shell shocked how he's still in charge. Under his tenure revenue is down, quality is down, attendance. We have numerous franchises in trouble. He must go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in