Michael Vick = biggest scumbag in the NFL! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 102 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 14:49 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Michael Vick = biggest scumbag in the NFL!

During an April raid of Vick's property in Virginia, authorities seized 66 dogs and equipment commonly used in dog fighting.

Shocking charges
Indictment against Vick describes unfathomable acts[
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Quote:
In interviews I conducted for an earlier story on the subculture of dogfighting and Vick's involvement, several experts described to me the process of "rolling" dogs. Owners take young dogs, usually puppies, and put them in an enclosed area and see how they react. They prod the dogs and urge them to get angry. If a dog shows aggression toward another dog, that's a positive. If a dog is timid, it is useless. Some fighters give away puppies that don't show the required "gameness." Other owners don't bother with the trouble of finding them a home and simply kill them.

Vick and his three associates, according to the indictment, fall in the latter category. Federal investigators allege that Vick is a murderer of dogs who weren't willing to fight for his enjoyment. Even worse, his actions appear more sinister than most professional dogfighters.

"If you want to kill a dog, why exert the energy to slam him into the ground or drown him? Why not just shoot him, which is the most common method?" says John Goodwin, dogfighting expert for the Humane Society of the United States. "That is insane. These guys, if they did that, have serious problems."
Quote:
Authorities seized 66 dogs, including 55 pit bulls, and equipment commonly used in dogfighting. About half the dogs were tethered to car axles with heavy chains that allowed the dogs to get close to each other, but not to have contact - an arrangement typical for fighting dogs, according to the search warrant affidavit.

About eight young dogs were put to death after they were found not ready to fight in April 2007. They were killed ''by hanging, drowning and/or slamming at least one dog's body to the ground,'' according to the indictment.
Over 50 dogs and yet the idiot didn't know this was going on on his property? give me a break... Michael Vick is just another thug scumbag! i hope he goes to jail and gets raped suffering worse then those poor dogs ever did. Roger Goddel should do the right thing and kick this asshole out of the league. :thmbdown:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 102 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 15:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I'd love to tie Michael Vick down and have my dog rip his ****ing body to shreds.

Complete ****ing scumbag.

Let's electrocute, hang, drown, and slam this stupid **** into the ground. See how he likes it.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #3 of 102 (permalink) Old July 18th, 2007, 15:37
World Class Player

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona, Los Islanders
AHAHAHAHA! Awesome.

I live in an apartment building directly across the street from the federal court in Richmond where he will have his trial. I can't wait to see him and laugh....possibly throw a Ron Mexico jersey at him too.

Visca Barca!!

1 DECADE IN XTRATIME!!

post #4 of 102 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2007, 02:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
NFL, NBA = thug leagues

NFL is lucky that they are so successful but this Vick incident might turn some people off. NBA is already ruined by the thug image of the league, the average white guy is not watching it unless he truely loves the sport p

you never see this in the NHL or with white athletes in the NBA, NFL, MLB and yes this is about race...it's ESPN which is so PC they will defend guys like Pacman Jones, Mike Vick, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa etc..
post #5 of 102 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2007, 12:16
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Well ...In the TRUE American Spirit and court system ......

U ain't guilty till proven gilty !!!!!!

:dielaugh:

So lets not hang the prick YET !!!!!!!!!

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #6 of 102 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2007, 19:45
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo
Well ...In the TRUE American Spirit and court system ......

U ain't guilty till proven gilty !!!!!!

So lets not hang the prick YET !!!!!!!!!

He's toast. Getting off from Federal Indictments doesn't happen often. Especially for celebrities. He'll be put in the slammer at the very least a year.
post #7 of 102 (permalink) Old July 20th, 2007, 20:41
Star Player

I hope he gets raped every day in jail and gets brutally murdered the day he's supposed to get out. I'd attend his funeral just to piss on his ****ing corpse.
post #8 of 102 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2007, 14:06
Xtratime Elite

PETA tells NFL to "Sack Vick" after dogfighting charges

By DAVE GOLDBERG, AP Football Writer
July 20, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Roger Goodell met with animal welfare officials inside NFL headquarters Friday and about 50 people demonstrated outside, urging the NFL commissioner to suspend Michael Vick following his indictment on dogfighting charges.

"Sack Vick!" chanted the demonstrators, organized by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, as they walked peacefully in front of the Park Avenue building. Many held dogs who had the "Sack Vick" signs on their backs and one woman brought a pit bull, the breed killed in the dogfighting operation the Atlanta quarterback is accused of sponsoring.

Goodell met with officials from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

The leaders of the demonstration focused on Goodell's one-year suspension of Tennessee's Adam "Pacman" Jones under the NFL's personal conduct policy, although Jones has not been convicted of any crime.

"We think they should do the same with Michael Vick," said Dan Shannon, an assistant director of campaigns for PETA. "We don't think their 'wait and see' attitude goes far enough. If they suspended Pacman Jones, they can suspend Vick."

After the Vick was indicted Tuesday, the NFL said it would monitor legal developments in the case. Vick is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday in federal court in Richmond, Va.

On Friday, though, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said:

"We agree with them that dogfighting is cruel, degrading and illegal. The alleged activities are very disturbing and we are extremely disappointed Michael Vick has put himself in this position.

"We are having extensive dialogue with numerous groups and individuals, including the ASPCA, and are reviewing all of our options to deal with this as quickly as possible."

Sherry Ramsey, a staff attorney for the Humane Society of the United States, said she was disappointed in the league's stance.

"There is a precedent in the Jones suspension," she said.

Ramsey said her organization wrote to the NFL in May, offering to work with the league to help educate players about dogfighting. She said it did not receive a reply.

However, two letters written June 21 by the NFL to the Humane Society, and provided to The Associated Press by the league, said warnings on animal fighting and animal cruelty are now being included in the annual briefings by the league security staff to players. Those briefings will take place at all 32 training camps this summer.

"We are in total agreement that there is no place for animal cruelty and illegal animal fighting and take very seriously the allegations of dog fighting against Michael Vick," Peter Abitante, Goodell's personal assistant, wrote nearly a month before Vick's indictment.

"We certainly do not condone this activity and will not tolerate cruelty or mistreatment of animals. If Mr. Vick or anyone associated with the NFL is found to have violated state or federal law, the commissioner has stated publicly that he will impose significant discipline under our personal conduct policy."

Earlier this year, the NFL began working with the ASPCA on programs and public service announcements to educate players and the public on the importance of caring properly for animals.

In Washington, Sen. John Kerry said he would introduce legislation aimed at eliminating dogfighting and sent a letter to Goodell asking him to immediately suspend Vick.

Wow....and to think...his younger brother ....... in my eyes is an even BIGGER Prick !!!!!! Runs in the family !!!!!

post #9 of 102 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 02:19
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
Not too sound like an ass but didn't we learn anything from the Duke case?

Vick probably did it but really I don't see why he should sit in jail for 6 years for this? I was never an animal guy and I never understand how I could slap my gf around silly and I'll spend a few nights in jail and get probation. I understand Vick basically organized an criminal enterprise but he shouldn't sit in jail for 6 years.

I think the bigger crime though is that Joey Harrington will be the starter in the NFL
post #10 of 102 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 11:52
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian batman

Vick probably did it but really I don't see why he should sit in jail for 6 years for this? I was never an animal guy and I never understand how I could slap my gf around silly and I'll spend a few nights in jail and get probation. I understand Vick basically organized an criminal enterprise but he shouldn't sit in jail for 6 years.

I think the bigger crime though is that Joey Harrington will be the starter in the NFL
Yet you fail miserably.
post #11 of 102 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 16:02 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian batman

I so hate it when people bring up the Duke case because this is so much worse then that... people this is a FEDERAL case! when the FBI is after you and they are digging out bones from your backyard and have witnesses and video of Vick betting on the dog fights i think its a bit different then 1 woman (a stripper at that) claiming she was raped. And you really do sound like an idiot by comparing slapping your gf around and organizing dog fights which is a felony and on top of that it was not only dog fighting but big time cruelty to animals the way some of these dogs were killed. Oh and btw the plea/conviction rate nationally on Federal-FBI indictments is 98% so basically when the feds are after someone they usually have very credible evidence.
post #12 of 102 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 16:28 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Goodell tells Vick not to report to camp
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

Finally the commissioner does the right thing.
post #13 of 102 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 16:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Ambis, he's getting PAID to miss training camp!

This is an embarassment. They've handled it awfully.

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #14 of 102 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 18:39 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigoIsGod
Ambis, he's getting PAID to miss training camp!

This is an embarassment. They've handled it awfully.
Yeah your right... i just read the full details and it seems like Goodell didn't have the balls to do what he did to Pacman and Tank Johnson. If the NFL really wants to be politically correct then suspend the guy with pay until the trial is over and then if he is found guilty make him pay back the money and ban him for life. But if they allowed him to play while the trail is going on, this will be a disaster for the NFL... Also i love the idiots who are bringing race into this and saying that this is blown out of proportion just because Vick is black lol yeah i'm sure if Manning or Brady were involved in dog fighting it would not be such a big deal because they are white. :rollani:
post #15 of 102 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 21:54
Xtratime Elite

Wall of resistance

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

July 24, 2007

How Michael Vick reacts to the mandate from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to skip training camp could have an impact well beyond whether the embattled Atlanta Falcons quarterback plays during the upcoming season.

Until Monday, when Goodell ordered Vick to stay away from the team's training camp while the league reviews the federal dogfighting charges against him, at least one person close to Vick felt he didn't fully grasp the ramifications of his circumstances.

"I wouldn't say he's delusional about the problem, but I don't think he sees it as being as big a deal as everybody else," the associate said. "He thinks it's going to blow over eventually … He doesn't know how deep this goes."

That's why Vick had been resisting attempts from the Falcons to accept a leave of absence to deal with his case, according to multiple sources. Vick will be arraigned Thursday and is expected to spend months fighting the charges. Serious preparation for that began Monday when Vick hired high-profile attorney Billy Martin.

Martin could play a key role in the aftermath of Goodell's punishment. "Hopefully (Martin) can convince (Vick) that playing right now isn't a good idea," the associate said. "If Michael is with the team, it's going to be a circus every day."

Or as an NFL Players Association source said, the media will consistently raise the questions: "How is Vick playing? Is he distracted? Did he meet with his lawyers? What do his teammate think? Are people protesting?"

Moreover, what will potential jurors think?

The idea that Vick can play this season if the trial is going on simultaneously is difficult enough to comprehend. But if jurors get the idea that Vick doesn't take his predicament seriously, the perception could be even worse.

"It's almost like he'd be thumbing his nose at the whole process," the NFLPA source said. "This is serious stuff. He's fighting for his freedom."

The NFLPA hopes Vick decides to stay away on his own because it will prevent a potentially sticky situation.

Goodell has stopped short of suspending Vick so far under the guidelines of the personal conduct policy because Vick is a first-time offender under those guidelines. While Vick has had his share of embarrassments in his career (the water bottle incident at Miami International Airport this offseason, flipping off the fans last season and the "Ron Mexico"/herpes situation), he doesn't have any convictions or arrests on his record.

According to a source, that means Goodell will have trouble making a suspension stick. Worse, it could put the union in the position of having to fight the league on Vick's behalf, a potential public relations nightmare.

Beyond that, any battle over the personal conduct policy could eventually impact the suspensions already given to Adam "Pacman" Jones, Chris Henry and Tank Johnson.

Bottom line, the entire Vick issue has numerous far-reaching tentacles.

"Everything about this case has to be carefully considered because of all the ramifications," an NFL source said. "The league has to be careful because we don't know that what we do will be part of the federal investigation. Every step has to be analyzed."

Of course, Vick could solve the problem by stepping away.

Such a decision also would save Falcons owner Arthur Blank a public relations disaster. At this stage, he faces criticism from all sides. On Monday, approximately 50 people from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals protested in front of team headquarters in Flowery Branch, Ga. PETA also picketed the NFL offices on Friday.

Yet, Blank acknowledged in a statement last week that "we must consider all of our customers in making any decisions," conceding that at least some ticket holders would prefer to see Vick play.

The NFL had patiently tried to convince Vick and/or Blank to take action since the indictment was announced July 17.

"Exasperated? Yeah, that's a pretty good way to describe how (the league) feels right now," said another league source. "I would say that (Goodell) is doing everything he can not to lose his cool, but his patience is running out right now. I think everybody with any common sense agrees that Vick can't be around the league right now and this thing can't keep going on much longer."

Or as a second league source said: "The commissioner has been waiting for the Falcons and Vick to do something. He's not waiting much longer."

That's why Goodell issued a release Monday night. The terms of the banishment were indefinite and it's obvious the league will have to strengthen the action to make it stick. That was implicit in a letter Goodell wrote to Vick.

"While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy," Goodell wrote.

post #16 of 102 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2007, 22:08
Legend

idiot

RIP MK-Inter

Traitors of forum #73
EclipsE
King Kenny7
Famigerato19
Crazy4TheCrew (Loco4LosChe)

Last edited by Nabz; July 25th, 2007 at 15:06.
post #17 of 102 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2007, 21:24
Xtratime Elite

Mmmmm I dont know 'bout you Guys....but I have a STRONG feeling Vicks has a trump card up his sleeve...And he's cominn out of this soap opera free and clean as a bird ......

post #18 of 102 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2007, 03:09
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Liverpool FC
what an embarrassment to me an every person here in Atlanta an to think many consider him one of the icons of this city for a time.
post #19 of 102 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2007, 16:04 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Vick co-defendant pleads guilty, will cooperate

RICHMOND, Virginia (CNN) -- One of the co-defendants in the Michael Vick federal dogfighting case pleaded guilty on Monday and pledged to fully cooperate with prosecutors.

Tony Taylor, 34, of Hampton, Virginia, entered the guilty plea in U.S. District Court in Richmond. He will be sentenced December 14.

Taylor, along with Vick and two other co-defendants, had pleaded not guilty Thursday before U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson.

In changing his plea to guilty, Taylor waived his right to appeal. He told the judge that he understands he is now a convicted felon.

It is widely believed that Taylor's plea, which had been expected, and his future cooperation could hurt Vick and help the government prove its case against the Atlanta Falcons' star quarterback.

Along with Vick, Purnell Peace, 35, of Virginia Beach, and Quanis Phillips, 28, of Atlanta, Georgia, are scheduled to stand trial on November 26.

They were charged by a federal grand jury last week with organizing bloody and vicious dogfights on a piece of property that Vick bought in 2001. They also are accused of transporting and delivering dogs across state lines.

The indictment says Taylor discovered the site that became the Bad Newz Kennels -- the staging area for housing and training the pit bulls and hosting dog fights.

Prosecutors also accuse Taylor of helping to buy pit bulldogs and puppies, and of executing at least two dogs "who did not perform well in 'testing' sessions ... by shooting one dog and electrocuting the other."

If the men are convicted on both portions of the conspiracy charge, they each could be sentenced to up to six years in prison and fined $350,000, prosecutors said.

The indictment says dogs that didn't show enough fighting spirit or lost matches also were put to death by drowning and hanging.

Prosecutors allege that on one occasion earlier this year, Vick participated in killing eight dogs.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/07/30...ing/index.html

post #20 of 102 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2007, 21:18
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nes
what an embarrassment to me an every person here in Atlanta an to think many consider him one of the icons of this city for a time.
Personally I wouldnt be embarrassed...I didnt do it !!!!!

And AGAIN., to just thinx his younger brother is a bigger prick...where are we headed ????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in