NHL releases 2007-08 schedule - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2007, 14:36 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

NHL releases 2007-08 schedule

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=9186

Notable Dates:

October 6 - The Leafs and Canadiens renew their rivalry on a Saturday night.
October 13 - Sidney Crosby makes his season debut in Canada against the Maple Leafs.
October 20 - Alexander Ovechkin and the Capitals play host to Crosby and the Penguins.
October 20 - The Battle of Alberta begins with Calgary hosting Edmonton.
October 23 - Ryan Smyth returns to Edmonton for the first time in a visitor's uniform.
October 27 - The Devils play their first home game against the Senators as the Prudential Center opens.
November 10 - The New York Rangers visit the Toronto Maple Leafs for the annual 'Hall of Fame' game.
November 22 - The Ottawa Senators host Sidney Crosby and the Penguins.
December 5 - Sidney Crosby and the Penguins face the Oilers in Edmonton.
December 6 - The Penguins make their lone stop in Calgary.
December 8 - Crosby and the Penguins finish up their Western Canada trip in Vancouver.
January 19 - Sidney Crosby makes his season debut against his favourite childhood team, the Montreal Canadiens.
January 26-27 - All-Star weekend in Atlanta
March 3 - The Ducks host the Senators in a rematch of the 2007 Stanley Cup Final.
April 9 - The Stanley Cup playoffs begin.
June 9 - The latest date for the playoffs to end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2007, 14:38 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

NHL opens '07-08 in London

The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings will become the first teams in league history to play regular-season games in Europe when they meet Sept. 29 and 30 in London. It was in England's capital 115 years ago that the championship trophy was purchased at the Regent Street shop of silversmith G. R. Collis and Co.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=332514
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2007, 14:52 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Thu Dec 13, 2007 Oilers Red Wings 0 - 0 7:30 PM
Sat Dec 15, 2007 Panthers Red Wings 0 - 0 7:00 PM
Mon Dec 17, 2007 Capitals Red Wings 0 - 0 7:00 PM
Wed Dec 19, 2007 Kings Red Wings 7:30 PM

Wed Mar 5, 2008 Blues Red Wings 0 - 0 7:30 PM
Sun Mar 9, 2008 Predators Red Wings 0 - 0 3:00 PM
Tue Mar 11, 2008 Blackhawks Red Wings 0 - 0 7:30 PM
Thu Mar 13, 2008 Stars Red Wings 0 - 0 7:30 PM
Sat Mar 15, 2008 Predators Red Wings 0 - 0 1:00 PM
Another season and another terrible schedule for my Wings, first we don't get to see the Leafs or Habs at the Joe and then take a look at these two home stands lol how exciting! we get to play the Predators twice in the same home stand in March and then all these games against the Preds and Blackhawks are getting so damn tiresome no wonder the games are not selling out like they used to. :rollani: Also this is the first time Ovechkin will be playing in Detroit and he is in his 3rd year hehe go figure, NHL logic at its finest. The only good thing is that we play the Leafs in Toronto for Hockey day in Canada so i guess Bettman threw us a little bone on the side.

The only teams that benefit from this schedule are the Eastern Conference (hardly making any trips to the West) teams especially the Atlantic and Northeast. You can't deny being a Leafs fan and playing the Habs and Sens 8 times or being a Rangers fan and playing the Isles and Devils 8 times. Speaking of the Lou Lamoriello's Devils, he benefits the most of anyone cause it brings him at least eight sellouts against the Isladners and Rangers no wonder he was so against changing it at the last board of governors meeting.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2007, 01:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Devils - Rangers isn;t as big of a rivalry as Isles - Rangers. Devils are the least popular team in the NY Metro area, and I said in the EE forum, its 95% Rangers, 4% Islanders, 1% Devils or something like that. But true, the Devils will still sell out those games, mainly as most of them will be Rangers fan Even two of the Devils - Islanders games at Continental were sold out, especially that last game of the season where the Isles packed the place

I like the fact the Islanders play 8 games in the division because really, all of them are rivalries, though I don't want to see teams like Florida, Washington all the time, I'd like to see a few west conference teams

The Red Wings have played only twice at Nassau Coliseum in 7 years
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2007, 00:12
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
I don't know why but two of the best regular season games the past few years the Islanders had was against the Canucks.

I would like to see a few more Western teams come east and vice vesa.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2007, 20:33 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis

NHL opens '07-08 in London

The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings will become the first teams in league history to play regular-season games in Europe when they meet Sept. 29 and 30 in London. It was in England's capital 115 years ago that the championship trophy was purchased at the Regent Street shop of silversmith G. R. Collis and Co.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=332514
Kings won 4-1.

Scoring Summary:
1st Period
Los Angeles 8:35, Michael Cammalleri 1 (power play) (Lubomir Visnovsky, Alexander Frolov)
2nd Period
Los Angeles 10:15, Rob Blake 1 (shorthanded) (Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown)
3rd Period
Los Angeles 1:10, Michael Cammalleri 2 (Tom Preissing, Anze Kopitar)
Anaheim 13:09, Bobby Ryan 1 (Chris Pronger, Francois Beauchemin)
Los Angeles 19:34, Michal Handzus 1 (empty net) (Patrick O'Sullivan)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2007, 22:31
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
was this game even on TV? boy the NHL is doing a "great" job with their sport
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old October 1st, 2007, 13:03
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United, Montreal Impact
Both games were on TV in Canada. The Saturday game on CBC, the Sunday game was on the NHL network which is now being offered in the USA.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 18:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

How can a Red Wings fan complain about the schedule when you get to play Columbus, Chicago, and St. Louis for 24 out of the 82 games?

A VENCER DESDE 1893

Oh lampião, levaste 5 no Dragão, nunca te esquecerás desta grande humilhação!

16:01 kat
*little pillows wrestling is another thing Josh does, when he is drunk *
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 19:05 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
How can a Red Wings fan complain about the schedule when you get to play Columbus, Chicago, and St. Louis for 24 out of the 82 games?
Because its boring as hell playing against those teams... i don't care about racking up easy points plus i would take less points and not winning the division if it meant we would be moved to the Eastern Conference where we belong, that was my point. Hell we beat the best team in the league last night so even if we were in a tougher divison i still think we would be a top team but playing against the likes of Columbus and Nashville 24 times a year is just getting old. Lucky for us all this is gonna change because the NHL has made the decision to go back to the old schedule in 07/08.

Last edited by Ambis; October 4th, 2007 at 19:15.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 19:20 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/36426

One thing that really pissed me off last night was Corey Perry, take off your visor and fight like a man... I mean if you agree to fight and your helmet has a visor -- YOU TAKE IT OFF! What has happen to "the Code"?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 19:27
Rising Star

Teams: Manchester United, Montreal Impact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/36426

One thing that really pissed me off last night was Corey Perry, take off your visor and fight like a man... I mean if you agree to fight and your helmet has a visor -- YOU TAKE IT OFF! What has happen to "the Code"?
True that, Redden dissapointed me last night by fighting twice with his mask on. I think Iginla is the only guy in the league that follows the Code.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in