Referees - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2007, 18:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Referees

They are deciding all the games it seems like, they almost decided the Rangers game yesterday with their crazy calls with no merit. I am not a Rangers fan but its fair to say they got hosed on so many calls, mainly thanks to this "New NHL" where everything is a penalty.

Islanders were screwed by the refs, Rangers are getting screwed by refs, all against Buffalo too for some reason, hmmmm :rollani:

Also why is this war room in Toronto? that is the most useless thing ever, just by watching the Islanders and Rangers playoff games alone this "war room" in Toronot blew 3-4 goals.

And the league wonders why Rangers and Islanders fans chant stuff and refs and at Nassau we throw shit on the ice :rollani:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2007, 18:34
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
They are deciding all the games it seems like, they almost decided the Rangers game yesterday with their crazy calls with no merit. I am not a Rangers fan but its fair to say they got hosed on so many calls, mainly thanks to this "New NHL" where everything is a penalty.
It was bad on both sides especially that Jagr dive in OT which was called tripping, also don't forget about that no offside call on the Rangers in game 2 and Lindy Ruff was going nuts on them after the game was over.

Refs overall have been HORRIBLE but what else is new? how many times do we complain about them and nothing ever gets done, maybe if the NHL had a commissioner like David Stern things would be different but with Bettman in charge he wouldnt dare criticize his officials.

ps-plz NHL change that "delay of game" rule it is the worst ****ing rule ever someone could lose the Stanley Cup in a game 7 because they accidently shoot the puck over the boards while trying to clear the zone.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2007, 18:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I think that "kicking" rule is ridiculous. Unless its a clear soccer style kick, it should count really to be honest. Also, again, why does Toronto get to decide this? You don't think there is some sort of bias up there, and one of the guys up there is Colin Campbell (Rangers fired him a few years after winning the cup)

I have a feeling these refs are pushed the make these calls by the upper management of the NHL, but it is getting ridiculous, Shanahan got called for a "cross-check" since when is pusing somebody when he is down a cross check? It had zero affect to the play also

that delay of game rule can go both ways....you don't want players purposely shooting the puck in the crowd late in the game, but we see it in soccer all the time when teams are playing bunker. Maybe if they do it 3-4 times in a short period of time they can call a penalty, but not one time when most of the time its an accident

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2007, 18:43
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
mainly thanks to this "New NHL" where everything is a penalty.
So true about this and how many times have they given a 5 on 3 powerplay??? back in the days you had to kill someone before they gave out a 2 man advantage but now they call everything. I remember game 4 against the Flames they called even a small hooking call on Lidstrom a four time Norris trophy winner who should get the benefit of a doubt but nope they put him in the box the Flames score from it and end up winning the game. But then we get to game 6 and basically everything we let go there was like 5 total penalties game goes to double OT and it was the moste xeciting up and down games of all the playoffs. The problem to me is the inconsistency one game everything is a penalty and the next they let everything go... thats why like i said before i want the same officials to ref a series that way we can get used to whats a penalty and whats not.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2007, 18:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

whats even worse the announcers like Pierre McGuire (can't stand him) and others kiss Bettman's ass when he is in the booth and never have problems with the penalties. Only the local announcers criticize them, the guys on NBC and Versus won't
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2007, 18:53
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Shanahan got called for a "cross-check" since when is pusing somebody when he is down a cross check? It had zero affect to the play also
Yep even the guys on NBC were like look at Shanahan's face after that BS call he could not believe it, thats why players like Lapointe and Hatcher are so useless in this new NHL and even Bertuzzi looks scared to stand infront of the net now because they will call goalie interference if someone pushes you into the goalie or you even get close to touching them.

Quote:
I think that "kicking" rule is ridiculous. Unless its a clear soccer style kick, it should count really to be honest. Also, again, why does Toronto get to decide this? You don't think there is some sort of bias up there, and one of the guys up there is Colin Campbell (Rangers fired him a few years after winning the cup)
So true and remember the NHL is the only sport where a team won a championship from an illegal goal, no matter how they try to spin it at that time when Dallas won the Cup if your skate was in the crease while the puck goes in then its "NO GOAL" but they gave the goal to Brett Hull anyways and still to this day i do not recognize the Stars as the champs in 99 i don't care how the idiots of the NHL try to spin it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4_URO6cwLbM :thmbdown:
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 19:58
Premier Player

Teams: celtic and winnipeg jets
i get what your saying ambis, but c'mon, the toe in the crease had no effect on that puck going in the net.
how about calgary's cup winning goal against tampa 2 years ago?....that puck was in the net!...
but we know how that ended up too.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:39
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
i get what your saying ambis, but c'mon, the toe in the crease had no effect on that puck going in the net.
That may be the case but "at that time" that was the official NHL rule and Hull's skate was in the crease before the puck, but the refs failed to make the call or even ask for a replay. Then the worst part about it was the very next season, the NHL changed the "skate-in-the-crease" rule.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:07
Premier Player

Teams: celtic and winnipeg jets
i know. it was a dumb rule to begin with.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 17:22
International

Quote:
Islanders were screwed by the refs, Rangers are getting screwed by refs, all against Buffalo too for some reason, hmmmm :rollani:
Yesterday's gifted win will make up for it, I guess. What else than a perfect picture does a ref need to identify a clear goal?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2007, 21:35
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
ps-plz NHL change that "delay of game" rule it is the worst ****ing rule ever someone could lose the Stanley Cup in a game 7 because they accidently shoot the puck over the boards while trying to clear the zone.
Definitely a stupid rule. The worst example of it was at the World Championships when they called a "delay of game"-penalty after about 90 seconds in the first third! Intentional time-wasting for sure! :rollani:
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 14:20
Xtratime Legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4gzM...elated&search=

Toni Lydman's shot near the end of the first period of Game 2 of the 2007 Eastern Conference Finals appeared to hit the crossbar, but did it actually go in? You be the judge... personally i think it was IN and the funny thing was that the idiotic NHL refs didn't even review the play. :rollani:

Also the other night in game 2 of the Ducks-Wings series they review 2 goals against us and yes the first one was a clear goal but the 2nd one was a joke, first of all Hasek makes the save then he gets pushed in and falls behind the net no call by the refs, the puck crosses the line while he was laying on the ice cause the ref lost eye on the puck and didn't blow his whistle on time, same shit happen to the Islanders in their series with Buffalo. Then they wonder why the NHL is such a joke maybe they need to have CLEAR RULES that the refs understand, so that way we don't have to wait for them to call Toronto.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2007, 18:03
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4gzM...elated&search=

Toni Lydman's shot near the end of the first period of Game 2 of the 2007 Eastern Conference Finals appeared to hit the crossbar, but did it actually go in? You be the judge... personally i think it was IN and the funny thing was that the idiotic NHL refs didn't even review the play. :rollani:

Looks very much like a goal. I guess the puck came of the camera inside the goal, that would explain the sound, because I can't remember any other shot on the post sound like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in