Flyers fielding offers for Forsberg - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2007, 16:56 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Flyers fielding offers for Forsberg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
The 33-year-old Forsberg is in the final year of his contract and can become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Holmgren was asked if any arrangement is in place in which Forsberg or his agent could talk to Colorado about possible interest by the Avalanche.

"Absolutely not," Holmgren said. "First, I seriously doubt that (reports of such talks) are true. Colorado is a team that has asked about him. Our stance all along has been when we get to that point with Peter, we'll get to that point."
Rumors are that Forsberg might end up in Colorado again but i also heard that he is interested in the Wings since we have a lot of Swedish players on our team. At this point of his career especially with all the injury problems i would not give up a first round pick or a great young player for him at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 18:00 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

from USA Today's Kevin Allen (who's got big connections to the Wings)

• If the Red Wings go after center Peter Forsberg at the trade deadline, they probably will be looking at him as more than just a rental player. The sentiment around the hockey world is that Red Wings are going to have major difficulty re-signing center Pavel Datsyuk, and center Robert Lang is likely to sign elsewhere this summer. The presumption is that Forsberg would like to go to the Red Wings because they already have seven Swedes in the lineup. The word is that captain Nick Lidstrom wants to see Forsberg come to Detroit."

I would only do it if we are not giving up a 1st round pick.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 19:52
Premier Player

Teams: celtic and winnipeg jets
i think his best days are behind him now. i wouldnt give my 2nd round pick for him.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 20:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Rangers are interested in them, probably for Prucha and picks...Rangers would be dumb to do that move despite Prucha having a 'sophomore slump'
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 20:16 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
Rangers are interested in them, probably for Prucha and picks...Rangers would be dumb to do that move despite Prucha having a 'sophomore slump'
Yeah i just read the Rangers are willing to give up a 1st round pick which the Wings are not doing, but Datsyuk might be in the trade offer if we cant resign him before the trade deadline so who knows and this also means he would have to work out an extension with the Flyers as well because trading for a player that will be a FA in the summer is not what they want.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 21:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Rangers don't give a shit about their youth development so its not a surprise they will trade picks, they also have Staal in the minors and a few other good players, they will risk one bad draft season
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 17:57 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Forsberg, Flyers GM meet to discuss future
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=194065&hubname=

Some reports say that even if he gets traded he will just be a rental player and that in the summer if he decides to continue his career he will re-sign with the Flyers kind of like what Weight did last year with Carolina and the Blues.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old February 18th, 2007, 13:42 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Nashville Predators center Peter Forsberg (21) of Sweden closes in on Minnesota Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom (32), of Finland, in the third period of an NHL hockey game in Nashville, Tenn., Saturday, Feb. 17, 2007. The Wild defeated the Predators 4-1.

He just so doesn't look right in a Preds jersey.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in