Will Manning choke - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2007, 17:38 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal,AZ ALKMAAR,MIlan
Will Manning choke

I say yes in playoff games he always choke he won is last 2 games against the Pats. but this is a big game and Peyton can't handle big games. and will choke while the great Tom Brady will lead us to another final.

Kelly Brook The sexiest woman in the world.

And one day my future girlfreind

My twitter is Darren800 you find me there now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2007, 17:56
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Yees....brady will own [email protected]

The defense wil as usual give him nightmares...I fear for his mental health this week..it will not be pretty come Sunday

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2007, 17:58
Legend

Teams: Manchester United, Inter
Considering a poster with the name Henry made a thread about choking, is this player by any chance linked to the tit? p

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2007, 18:04
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
We'll see. Even the supposed chokers can become winners at the end, you just have to have good defense, offensive line and running-back, as it was proven by John Elway in the late 90s. He is classic example of choker, but he won two Superbowls at the end. Indianapolis has all the elements to win the game.

Caipirinha: 6
Brazilian NT shirt: 70
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2007, 19:04
Xtratime Legend

For some reason i have a feeling that the Colts might win this one... they are healthy, there deffense is playing great and Manning is yet to have a big game. If there was a ever a time for him to get that monkey of his back its gonna be in this game, plus he plays @ home so what more can he ask for?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2007, 20:27
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
I like Dungy...Im stickinn with his Guys for this game !!!!

Chairman of the BORED !!!!!& MASTER BAITER

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 18:06
Premier Player
International

Teams: Liverpool & England
Guess who choked at the end of this one!

But what a game!!

Best Regards,

Yasir
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 20:38
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
We'll see. Even the supposed chokers can become winners at the end, you just have to have good defense, offensive line and running-back, as it was proven by John Elway in the late 90s. He is classic example of choker, but he won two Superbowls at the end.
Are you serious? You haven't heard of "the drive"? Or the fact that Elway has the most 4th quarter wins, ever? He lost some Superbowls, mostly because the Broncos faced superior opposition, but to brand Elway as a classic example of a choker is way off, imo.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2007, 20:51
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
It will all depend on how much he wants it to how much Urlacher wants it. Pay attention to those two, I don't care what they've both done during the other postseason games; games like this usually come down to who wants it more and who will emerge into legendary status. Peyton is finally there and the pressure will be on him, let's see if he can respond and not be the Dan Marino of his era.

O GLORIOSO

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2007, 11:16
Xtratime Elite

Big chance for Manning -- just ask Marino

By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer
February 3, 2007

MIAMI (AP) -- Super Bowl-bound for the first time, Peyton Manning welcomed the advice of Dan Marino.

They share a bond as two of the NFL's most prolific passers, their record-breaking achievements tainted only by their failure to win a title.

That could change Sunday for Manning, when he and the Indianapolis Colts play the Chicago Bears in the Super Bowl.

So what counsel did Marino offer when they spoke in person last week?

"We talked about which restaurants he wanted to go when he was here," Marino said.

OK, so Manning doesn't need Marino to tell him how important the big game will be. Marino reached the Super Bowl only once, in his second season in 1984, and he and the Miami Dolphins lost to Joe Montana and the San Francisco 49ers 38-16.

"The difference is, I was 23 years old at the time, and I actually thought that I'd be back many a time," Marino said. "After that game, I would have told you, 'I'll be back in this game, and I'm going to win."'

That didn't happen. Marino played another 15 years, reached the AFC championship game only once and lost. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2005 and still holds NFL career records for passing yardage and touchdowns, but his failure to win a ring weighs against him in debates about the greatest quarterback ever.

At 30, Manning might soon become part of that conversation -- especially if he can win a Super Bowl.

"This might be his only opportunity, and I think he understands the position he's in," Marino said. "There is no doubt in the back of his mind, somewhere he's saying how important it is to win this game so no one will ever question his ability to win the Super Bowl. That's always going to be in the back of his mind until he wins it."

In his ninth season, Manning is aware that the chance to win a ring could be fleeting. Free agency will make it difficult for the Colts to keep their offensive juggernaut together.

"You feel a small window of opportunity," Manning said. "You'd better try to do it while you have the chance."

Manning and Marino played against each other for two seasons, and they're now friends and golfing buddies. For Manning, it's a relationship that dates to his grade-school days.

"I had two favorite quarterbacks growing up," Manning said. "My dad was my favorite, and then once he retired in 1984, Dan Marino took over as my favorite quarterback. He was just coming into the league."

Marino became a starter as a rookie in '83. The following season, he threw for 48 touchdowns, an NFL record until Manning threw for 49 two years ago.

In subsequent seasons, Marino was saddled with teams that had a mediocre defense and a worse running game. They were high-scoring but one-dimensional and not built to win a title.

For a long time, Marino refused to attend the Super Bowl out of frustration at his team's perennial late-season meltdowns. But he has been around this week in dual roles as a network TV announcer and ambassador for South Florida.

He'll take part in the coin toss Sunday, then root for Manning.

"The first thing I would say is, 'Take advantage of your opportunity,"' Marino said.

That's advice Manning will try to follow. He took Marino's restaurant recommendation, dining Monday with 20 other Colts at an Italian place in Fort Lauderdale.

Manning picked up the tab and savored the first night of Super Bowl week. He knows he might not be back

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2007, 20:31
Xtratime Elite

He didnt Choke.. Folks .. Give him credit !!!!!!!!

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2007, 22:59
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo
He didnt Choke.. Folks .. Give him credit !!!!!!!!
I will give him credit but i thought the MVP should have been won by Rhodes and Addai they really did a hell of a job running the ball plus Addai had 10 receptions as well.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2007, 09:07
Xtratime Elite

Bahawah ....The NFL HONCHOS had been waiting 4ever to give Manning something...and they did !!!! :dielaugh:

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2007, 21:01
Xtratime Legend

Your right Manning is the perfect poster boy of the NFL they have been waiting for him to win it for a while and the ESPN guys love him it was a Manning lovefest this past week.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2007, 22:38
International

I also think, that Manning won the MVP more as a reward for his life-time-achievements than what he actually produced in the game. But on the other hand, despite both Addai and Rhodes working fine, no player had a real outstanding game, and than it's usually the QB to win the MVP-award. Also, even if that's nothing spectacular (but very important), the Colts' play-calling (and you know Manning is very involved in that) let the Bears' defense look very ordinary for most of the game, and that's quite an achievement!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2007, 22:31
Xtratime Elite

Manning's vacation begins in Hawaii

By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer
February 8, 2007

KAPOLEI, Hawaii (AP) -- Until this season, Peyton Manning was the quarterback who excelled in games that didn't matter -- and no game matters less than the Pro Bowl.

Manning would grind through every practice in his six previous trips to Hawaii, even showing up early on game day for extra work with the NFL's best. His singular dedication earned the MVP award in the 2005 game, but didn't translate into playoff success.

After winning the Super Bowl this year with a less-than-perfect playoff performance, Manning intends to take things much easier in his seventh trip to Honolulu. He will hit charity events, spend plenty of time relaxing with friends from around the league -- and won't worry about how much he'll play for the AFC on Saturday.

"There won't be a lot of motivation going on out there," Manning said. "This will be a cruise-control kind of week."

Manning and his four Colts teammates made the champions' customary dramatic entrance in Hawaii on Wednesday, and the Super Bowl MVP was the center of attention. Dozens of fans finagled their way through security after practice for a chance to get autographs and photographs with the players, yet everybody seemed focused on Manning.

Though Manning intends to take it easy, he doesn't want anybody to know about it. Minnesota lineman Steve Hutchinson got in a playful shot at his longtime friend when they hung out in a restaurant downstairs at the players' resort on Oahu's west shore Monday night.

"He just looks at me and says, 'You've changed,"' Manning said. "Seriously, there's nothing more you could say to me to make me madder. I hadn't brought (the Super Bowl) up one time. People are bringing it up to me, and I'm giving them my Elvis Presley: 'Thank you very much, thank you very much.'

"My whole goal the whole week is to prove to him how I'm very much the same guy. That's who I am."

After a late night of postgame partying and a raucous rally back home in Indianapolis on Monday, Manning joined receivers Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne and offensive linemen Tarik Glenn and Jeff Saturday for a lengthy chartered flight to Hawaii on Tuesday, courtesy of the Colts' owners.

They found something to make the 4,340 miles fly, however: They watched the tape of Indianapolis' 29-17 win over Chicago for the first time.

"Not much sleep. I wouldn't say I'm very well-rested, but it's the kind that you like," Manning said. "Being able to fly out here yesterday on Air Irsay, as I call it, with my teammates, and then to watch the Super Bowl on the plane, that's hard to beat."

Manning was 25-of-38 for 247 yards and a touchdown in that rain-soaked win over the Bears, turning in a performance that wasn't exactly spectacular, but more than enough to win.

Manning, again the AFC starter, will play for New England coach Bill Belichick, who got this assignment after the Patriots' wrenching loss to Indianapolis in the AFC championship game. Belichick left a congratulatory voicemail message for Manning last Friday, and he joked around with the quarterback during stretching exercises before Wednesday's practice.

And Manning's teammates also couldn't wait for this week of relaxation. Saturday, his longtime center, spent just enough time at home to wash his clothes Monday night. After throwing them back into the same suitcase he took to Miami, Saturday was off for the islands to play for Belichick.

"Bill even said that -- as much as he hated to say it -- congratulations," Saturday said. "I'm still so excited about it. I don't know if that means it hasn't sunk in yet."

"It's still surreal," Glenn added. "What made it a reality was getting the chance to celebrate it with the fans. Now, we're on vacation."

The five Colts plan to spend more time hanging out together this week, and they might even watch that Super Bowl tape again. Wayne, the only first-time Pro Bowl selection in the contingent, is looking forward to taking the next step in his career alongside several teammates and friends.

"I'm a young pup, and these guys have all been here and done that," Wayne said. "I'm just glad I was able to savor the moment with my team."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in