Brady is the best - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 14:48 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal,AZ ALKMAAR,MIlan
Brady is the best

21-13 Down in the 4th last night to the best team in reg season with the MVP. and Brady shows is greatness. i am so happy the Pats won i was going crazy when they missed the last second FG. Brady is man and will lead us to another bowl.

Kelly Brook The sexiest woman in the world.

And one day my future girlfreind

My twitter is Darren800 you find me there now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 15:49
Xtratime Legend

The man is a legend and even with 3 INT's yesterday he still found a way to win, there is no other QB i would rather have for a big game then Tom Brady. Plus he doesnt even have a great WR he lost Branch in the summer and his RB's have never been what you would say a top 5 back in the league like Manning had with James or a go to guy like Harrison.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 15:57
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Yeah he is a legend alright..I cannot believe that he won it

But still- I don't give him credit for yesterday

Sure he got it done at the end, but his int's early in the game and lack of game offense put the Chargers up front and it was only the dumb mistakes by the Chargers that let them back into teh game

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 18:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Il club piu ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curva Nord INTER

Sure he got it done at the end, but his int's early in the game and lack of game offense put the Chargers up front and it was only the dumb mistakes by the Chargers that let them back into teh game
You see the problem is that you have to come back with 11 OTHER similar explanations for him where you somehow manage NOT to give him credit but someone/something else. And you have only 1 clear example on the other side of the fence ...

get it! he has the best QB post-season record ... ever! I mean, if you think of all the great QBs in the past, this gotta mean sth ... BIG!

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 19:05
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano, FC Rangers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono
You see the problem is that you have to come back with 11 OTHER similar explanations for him where you somehow manage NOT to give him credit but someone/something else. And you have only 1 clear example on the other side of the fence ...

get it! he has the best QB post-season record ... ever! I mean, if you think of all the great QBs in the past, this gotta mean sth ... BIG!
I do not deny he is great in all the other scenarios...I only meant to say yesterday was not a true Brady performance...I won't give him the credit for YESTERDAY solely

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER GIACINTO FACCHETTI, LEGEND OF THE INTERNAZIONALE AND ITALIAN GAME
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 20:33
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
Well, he is definitely one of the greatest QB ever, no question about it. But THE greatest ever? Hm, with all the respect, I don't think so. Joe Montana anyone?

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 20:42
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Vinny Testaverde Anyone else ?????? :dielaugh:

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 21:39
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by colocolo
Vinny Testaverde Anyone else ?????? :dielaugh:
Funny thing is i saw Vinny on the Patriots sideline yesterday... i cant believe he is still in the NFL.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 23:07
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Chile, USA, R Plate, CC, The "U" and Bucs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis
Funny thing is i saw Vinny on the Patriots sideline yesterday... i cant believe he is still in the NFL.
Why do you think I threw in the wise crack ??? :dielaugh:

Chairman of the BORED © !!!!!& MASTER BAITER ©

In all fairness...if Carson35 IS allowed to copy & paste here..So can I !!!!

Que la chupen., y la sigan chupando !!!!

National Champions. 83 87 89 91 and 2001

Xtratime is FULL of BULLIES, and not enough Indians.

Damos TODO por los Chilenos en el extranjero
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old January 16th, 2007, 03:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
Quote:
Originally Posted by OAnimal
Well, he is definitely one of the greatest QB ever, no question about it. But THE greatest ever? Hm, with all the respect, I don't think so. Joe Montana anyone?

Well in all fairness, if he continues to play the way he's been playing since he got the starting job, he will be considered up there for the greatest QB ever. Joe Montana is a legend and one of the greatest QBs ever if not the greatest, but he's had more talent to work with throughout his career. Brady has proven himself every season as his talent pool of receivers has diminished. I mean I'm a Jet fan and I will admit that this guy is awesome and I hate facing him. However, we will only be able to tell if he's the greatest or amongst the greats when he retires. Remember, about 5 years ago, Kurt Warner was legendary and going to be amongst the greatest; but he fell off and hasn't been able to regain form. Players like Brett Favre have proven they are amongst the greats by proving the critics wrong and Brady has so far done everything to merit him a place on the road to be a great.

O GLORIOSO

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2007, 09:32
Premier Player
International

Teams: Liverpool & England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curva Nord INTER
Yeah he is a legend alright..I cannot believe that he won it

Agree.. I might be a bit biased as I've never liked the Pats.. but it wasn't a matter of them doing superbly to beat San Diego as much as San Diego fvcking things up.. some unbelievable mistakes.. some to cause those dumb ass penalties.. the stupid interception from that lob pass by Rivers.. Shottenheimer's challenge which cost a time out.. not picking up the 2 point conversion trick quickly.. and last but certainly not least..

only 23 carries by LaDanian Tomlinson!!

I respect Tom Brady and his ability.. but these playoffs haven't had one game where a QB has been the star man and carried his team.. Actually, Defences have been doing a far better job (look at Indy as an example followed by the Pats)..

Best Regards,

Yasir
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2007, 20:01
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Portugal, SL Benfica, Manchester United
However, it was Tom Brady who kept his team together. San Diego had all the momentum throughout the game and Brady executed well. He didn't make some outrageous plays, but he didn't make any mistakes. By not making mistakes, he gave his team a chance to win. He also converted on 3rd downs and drove the ball down the field on a critical drive. Although I agree with you that San Diego's own demise was their inexperience by committing dumb mistakes; the Pats did manage to knock off the NFL's best team with discipline and winning the psychological game.

O GLORIOSO

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old January 19th, 2007, 20:05
World Class Player

Teams: Futbol Club Barcelona, Los Islanders
The drive before halftime against SD tells you all you need to know about Brady.

He's so laid back he almost fell asleep in the huddle.

Visca Barca!!

1 DECADE IN XTRATIME!!
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2007, 00:25
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Glorioso
the Pats did manage to knock off the NFL's best team with discipline and winning the psychological game.
Especially in the end they even made the classy Tomlinson bitch and moan. p
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2007, 06:14
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Legend

Teams: Swiss bikini team
well brady has done less with talentless playas around him than Montana...he had rice , lott , roger, jones
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2007, 10:26
Premier Player
International

He had 2 (or was it 3) interceptions.. very Un-Brady like.. I agree his composure and leadership was a key factor.. but I wouldn't lavish him with praise based on the San Diego game.. He has had far better games that prove how good he is..

If u ask me.. I'd say Caldwell was a key factor.. but more importantly Troy Brown.. had he not thought quickly and stripped the ball when it was intercepted.. it would have been SD in the Conference game..

Schottenheimer has confirmed he's staying for next season but has rejected signing for 2008.. what's weird is his playoff record.. 5-13!!

Best Regards,

Yasir
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 16:35 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Arsenal,AZ ALKMAAR,MIlan
MVP so far in 07 by a mile and won us the game last night as well.The best ever he is.

Kelly Brook The sexiest woman in the world.

And one day my future girlfreind

My twitter is Darren800 you find me there now
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 21:01
Premier Player
International

best ever??! wow now that's going a bit far if u ask me.. Yes he's had a phenomenal year.. but I'd rate these above him:

Marino
Montana
Favre

and maybe these: Bradshaw, P Manning, Steve Young and although I'd hate to admit it.. Troy Aikman..

Brady is excellent.. his consistency being his key strength.. but he doesn't have Marino's arm.. or Montana's leadership and hunger to succeed..

Best Regards,

Yasir
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old November 26th, 2007, 22:44
outcast
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasir
best ever??! wow now that's going a bit far if u ask me.. Yes he's had a phenomenal year.. but I'd rate these above him:

Marino
Montana
Favre

and maybe these: Bradshaw, P Manning, Steve Young and although I'd hate to admit it.. Troy Aikman..

Brady is excellent.. his consistency being his key strength.. but he doesn't have Marino's arm.. or Montana's leadership and hunger to succeed..
Bradshaw? You must be kidding Great team, but...

BTW, here is what Cold Hard Football Facts say:

"At the end of New England's crushing 56-10 victory over Buffalo on Sunday night, NBC broadcaster John Madden uttered a statement that might still be considered sacrilege in many parts of the country.
“Tom Brady is playing better than Joe Montana ever did,” said Madden.
“There’s no higher compliment,” added booth-mate Al Michaels.
Madden’s words could not have been better timed.
He probably didn't know this when he made that statement, but sometime in the first quarter of Sunday night’s game, those comparisons between Brady and Montana earned quite a bit of statistical validity.
It was during the Patriots-Bills game that Brady surpassed Montana on the career passer rating list, to No. 4 all time (among players with 1,500 pass attempts, which is the minimum to qualify for official NFL records).
Brady's final numbers Sunday night looked like this: 31 for 39, 79.5 percent, 373 yards, 9.6 yards-per-attempt, 5 TD, 0 interceptions, 146.1 rating.
He is also just a statistical nose-hair shy of surpassing Peyton Manning on the all-time list.
And with their seasons going in opposite directions (Manning has a 72.2 rating in five games this year without Marvin Harrison), Brady could leap Kurt Warner and move past Manning into the No. 2 spot during the Patriots' likely destruction of the Eagles in Foxboro next Sunday.
Among the many interesting items that jump out from this collection of players is that Brady is the only cold-weather quarterback on the list. He has played more than half his games in New England, Buffalo and New Jersey. Young and Montana played in the same system in the forever springlike atmosphere of San Francisco, with road trips each season to New Orleans, Los Angeles and Atlanta (the members of the old NFC West).
NFL

Manning and Warner have spent either all or most of their careers in domes which, as we've seen, makes it easier for quarterbacks to pass consistently.
Montana and Brady are essentially in a statistical dead heat.
How Brady, Montana stack up
Comparing the QBs in the four categories that comprise the NFL passer rating
Category Brady Montana Edge
Completion percentage 63.08% 63.24% Montana
Yards per attempt 7.24 7.52 Montana
TD percentage 5.44% 5.06% Brady
INT percentage 2.41% 2.58% Brady
No matter how you measure them, the Brady vs. Montana comparison could not be more statistically even. They are within fractions of a percentage of each other in the four components of passer rating.
And Brady, like Montana, was considered something of a "game manager" early in his career and is growing statistically dominant later in his career.
Montana, for example, did not have his first true statistical breakout season until 1989, his 11th year in the league, when he won his first MVP award after piecing together the following season: 271 for 386, 70.2 percent, 3,521 yards, 9.1 yards-per-attempt, 26 TD, 8 interceptions, 112.4 rating.
Here's how that compares to Brady's statistical breakout season 10 games into the 2007 campaign, his 8th year in the league: 250 for 338, 74.0 percent, 3,059 yards, 9.1 yards-per-attempt, 38 TD, 4 interceptions, 134.0 rating.
It's important to note that Montana's 112.4 passer rating in 1989 was an NFL record (since surpassed by Steve Young's 112.8 in 1994 and Peyton Manning's 121.1 in 2004).
Brady, of course, is on pace to rewrite the passer rating record this season."
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old November 27th, 2007, 14:26
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esik
Bradshaw? You must be kidding Great team, but...

BTW, here is what Cold Hard Football Facts say:

"At the end of New England's crushing 56-10 victory over Buffalo on Sunday night, NBC broadcaster John Madden uttered a statement that might still be considered sacrilege in many parts of the country.
“Tom Brady is playing better than Joe Montana ever did,” said Madden.
“There’s no higher compliment,” added booth-mate Al Michaels.
Madden’s words could not have been better timed.
He probably didn't know this when he made that statement, but sometime in the first quarter of Sunday night’s game, those comparisons between Brady and Montana earned quite a bit of statistical validity.
It was during the Patriots-Bills game that Brady surpassed Montana on the career passer rating list, to No. 4 all time (among players with 1,500 pass attempts, which is the minimum to qualify for official NFL records).
Brady's final numbers Sunday night looked like this: 31 for 39, 79.5 percent, 373 yards, 9.6 yards-per-attempt, 5 TD, 0 interceptions, 146.1 rating.
He is also just a statistical nose-hair shy of surpassing Peyton Manning on the all-time list.
And with their seasons going in opposite directions (Manning has a 72.2 rating in five games this year without Marvin Harrison), Brady could leap Kurt Warner and move past Manning into the No. 2 spot during the Patriots' likely destruction of the Eagles in Foxboro next Sunday.
Among the many interesting items that jump out from this collection of players is that Brady is the only cold-weather quarterback on the list. He has played more than half his games in New England, Buffalo and New Jersey. Young and Montana played in the same system in the forever springlike atmosphere of San Francisco, with road trips each season to New Orleans, Los Angeles and Atlanta (the members of the old NFC West).
NFL

Manning and Warner have spent either all or most of their careers in domes which, as we've seen, makes it easier for quarterbacks to pass consistently.
Montana and Brady are essentially in a statistical dead heat.
How Brady, Montana stack up
Comparing the QBs in the four categories that comprise the NFL passer rating
Category Brady Montana Edge
Completion percentage 63.08% 63.24% Montana
Yards per attempt 7.24 7.52 Montana
TD percentage 5.44% 5.06% Brady
INT percentage 2.41% 2.58% Brady
No matter how you measure them, the Brady vs. Montana comparison could not be more statistically even. They are within fractions of a percentage of each other in the four components of passer rating.
And Brady, like Montana, was considered something of a "game manager" early in his career and is growing statistically dominant later in his career.
Montana, for example, did not have his first true statistical breakout season until 1989, his 11th year in the league, when he won his first MVP award after piecing together the following season: 271 for 386, 70.2 percent, 3,521 yards, 9.1 yards-per-attempt, 26 TD, 8 interceptions, 112.4 rating.
Here's how that compares to Brady's statistical breakout season 10 games into the 2007 campaign, his 8th year in the league: 250 for 338, 74.0 percent, 3,059 yards, 9.1 yards-per-attempt, 38 TD, 4 interceptions, 134.0 rating.
It's important to note that Montana's 112.4 passer rating in 1989 was an NFL record (since surpassed by Steve Young's 112.8 in 1994 and Peyton Manning's 121.1 in 2004).
Brady, of course, is on pace to rewrite the passer rating record this season."

And all of this started with a clear fumble reversed into a incomplete pass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in