NHL midseason 06/07 Review - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2007, 16:36 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

NHL midseason 06/07 Review

Best team so far?
Anaheim Ducks. (You could also put Buffalo or Nashville in here as well but the Ducks are just amazing young talent great deffense tons of speed i dont want any part of them in the playoffs)

Most surprising team?
Vancouver Canucks. (I know they got Loungo but they lost a lot of great offensive players and its surprising to me to see them still fighting neck n neck with Calgary for the Northwest tittle)

Most disappointing team?
Philadelphia Flyers. (What has happen to this team? i know they had injuries but it seems like the roof fell on top of them this year they even fired Hitchcock and Clarke) some others would be NY Rangers, Florida, Edmonton, Colorado, LA Kings and Columbus.

Best player in the league?
Crosby. (This kid is AMAZING clearly the best player in the NHL)

Best rookie so far?
Malkin but Kopitar is not far behind.

Team that can make an Edmonton like run in this years playoffs?
Call me crazy but i'm picking the Thrashers.

Best goalie in the league?
Hasek. (This guy is amazing at his age to have the stats that he does and to do it on a team that well lets face it the Red Wings this year are nowhere near the team that we have been in the past decade is something else.) also Kiprusoff and Loungo as of late but dont forget Brodeur who is having one of his best years and IMO he is gonna end up winning the Vezina when its all set and done.

Players you most enjoy watching?
Crosby, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, McDonald and Ovechkin. (There is a lot more as well too bad we dont get more hockey games on TV here in the states)

Last edited by Ambis; January 14th, 2007 at 16:41.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2007, 16:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Best team so far?
Buffalo Sabres, they have been playing good hockey and they are even starting to get some coverage in thr NJ/NY area, so although I rarely see them play, I see the highlights every night and hear analysis from their broadcasters etc..

Most surprising team?
Anaheim, didn't expect them to be this good, I thought San Jose would take that division

Most disappointing team?
Toronto Maple Leafs, a .500 team but they still talk like they are a major wrecking force (when the Isles came to Toronto all they talked about is how the Isles are over achieving, well you guys suck )

Sidney Crosby

Best rookie so far?
Anze Kopitar

Tampa Bay (if they make it!)

Martin Broduer

Jagr and Shanahan always make me nervous when they have the puck, and in all honesty those are the only guys I am scared when they have the puck when they face to Isles

I like these youngsters on the Devils: Zajac and Parise

Isles: nobody really, they are just hard workers, even Yash is playing some defense
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2007, 21:19
Star Player

Teams: Juventus--Toronto FC
Best team so far?
The Sabres. They've somewhat cooled off a touch but when these guys are on they are undoubtedly the most potent team in the league. Normally if teams roll 4 lines the 4th is usually the checking line...not these guys. They roll 4 lines and they all come at you in waves. Phenomenal.

Most surprising team?
The Canucks. Who would have thought that midway through the season without hardly any contribution from their go-to guy (Naslund), The Sedin's would have them 1 point out of first in the division. Scary to think how they'll look when Naslund wakes up.

Most disappointing team?
The Pens. A team with all that talent you'd figure they'd be a lock for atleast the 8th spot. Who knows it's still pretty early but if the Pens don't make the playoffs that'd be a huge disappointment.

Sid the Kid & A.O. Sid's got slightly better stats but he also has a much better supporting cast.

Best rookie so far?
Malkin

Maybe Minnesota, they've got most of the characteristics that the Oilers had last year.

Brodeur. I think at this point he's got something ridiculous like 7 or 8 shutouts already. He also leads starting goalies with a .928 save percentage. This guy's intense.

I love watching the Belak's, Laraque's, Brashear's, Fitzpatricks who give hope to anyone who can barely lace up a pair of skates they have a chance of cracking the NHL.

"Control Tevez and they literally become a mid-table side at best" - game_overroma
#yabuddy

VV la Prescrizione!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in