Us a under 20 worldcup thread - Xtratime Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 136 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2019, 21:45 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Teams: concacaf teams , Portugal
Us a under 20 worldcup thread

its final #U20WC tuneups, the U-20 #USMNT showed vs. France and Japan how strong 🇺🇸 can be in Poland.https://ussoc.cr/8

I believe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 136 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2019, 21:46 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Strong team. We did well v Japan n france.....brbr

I believe
post #3 of 136 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2019, 02:01 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

Twitter

carleton had 2 very good games....konrad, dest, ledzema and carleton...US never had so many technical players playing on the same team! they will play da jogo bonito!

this midfield is scarey good. Ledzema, paxton, mendez, durkin, ect..

Twitter

The skinny: Without a doubt, Alex Mendez and Paxton Pomykal are locks. Mendez was the team’s best player at the CONCACAF Championships and Pomykal was also strong in that tournament – while continuing that form into the start of the season with Dallas.

Ledezma is a tough case. He is one of the most talented players in the pool and is a dual national who is eligible for Mexico. The problem with Ledezma is that he injured himself with a broken metatarsal during the course of his move from Real Salt Lake/Monarchs to PSV Eindhoven. He hasn’t played an official game since the middle of June 5, 2018.

Ramos needs to give Ledezma every chance on getting healthy and playing because he’s that good. But if Ledezma isn’t playing by the end of the season for PSV’s U-19 team, either Ramos will have to leave him off or PSV might not release him.

The potential is there for Ramos to take his strongest ever team to the U-20 World Cup. There are some concerns but if everything breaks his way, it could be an impressive team. Players like Omir Fernandez, Brenden Aaronson, Manny Perez, James Sands would easily make and probably start for most of the previous U-20 World Cup teams. Now they are in an uphill climb.

The final two months ahead of the World Cup will be fascinating to watch players build cases to make the team and then watch as Ramos tries to bring them together for a deep run in Poland.

I believe

post #4 of 136 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2019, 02:06 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

I hope we do well..on paper, its one of the top under 20 teams ....its time to make a run at a trophy!

I believe
post #5 of 136 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2019, 02:53 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

this dude is gushing over dest....

Twitter

this sucks...hell be back. mckennie is a monster in the air. He will become a beast. I like his game.

I believe
post #6 of 136 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2019, 03:11 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

pax and ferreria are dominating MLS so far. Both are going to poland unless ferrieria cant get his citizenship on time...

durkin scored too....ledezma is doing his thing at PSV...the u20 players are in form!

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter

I believe
post #7 of 136 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2019, 18:48 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

Pax is a tank...hes got some good passing range. Pax may have to play left wing for the U20. He is the engine of the u20 team.

ledezema, mendez, durkin, Llanez and pax are prolly the starting wingers/mids. Konrad may have to sit on the bench

Twitter

carelton will be be the back up to mendez

I believe
post #8 of 136 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2019, 12:22 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Good read. Sargent n weah could be going to poland, tab is trying to bring most of his
A players.

Araujo and pax are going doing well in MLS. Mendez is doing very well at freiburg ..da dude could get promoted next season. Ledezema(PSV) should get promoted too.

Twitter
'

The current crop of U.S. Under-20 players is widely-regarded as the most talented to ever pass through the U.S. soccer pipeline, including a handful of players who have already made their full USMNT debuts. The big question heading into the Under-20 World Cup is how many U-20s will make their way to the Gold Cup rather than the Under-20 World Cup.

Goal Keepers

David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake), C.J. Dos Santos (Benfica), Trey Muse (Seattle Sounders)

Defenders

Sergino Dest (Ajax), Aboubacar Keita (Columbus Crew), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96), Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy),

Midfielders

Alex Mendez (SC Freiburg), Richie Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas), Chris Durkin (D.C. United), Frankie Amaya (FC Cincinnati), Christian Cappis (Hobro)

Strikers

Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC), Sebastian Soto (Hannover 96), Tim Weah (Paris Saint Germain), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg), Konrad De La Fuente (FC Barcelona)

Twitter

Twitter

I believe
post #9 of 136 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2019, 13:04 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Llanez...........sargent...........Konrad

..........Mendez............Ledezema

.....................Durkin

Gloser......Richards....Mckenzie....Dest

........................Ochoa

This could be the starting 11...Pax is damn good. He should be starting. He could take ledezema spot and he is also good

Konrad on the right and Llanez on the left for the U-20 World Cup will have supporters of the USMNT salivating.

My underrated players are Pax and Llanez. They could be the key to our success. Llanez is a scoring/assist machine. My player to watch.

Mendez, ledezma, pax and durkin...its great group of mids! Mendez is the playmaker but pax is the engine of this team. Ledezma is prolly the difference maker

a four-man midfield group of Ledezma, Llanez, Konrad, and Méndez might be as good a group as there is in the world on the U-20 level right now.

Llanez

Llanez is a highly exciting prospect. Hailing from Los Angeles, Llanez was a member of the Los Angeles Galaxy academy before recently making the jump over to Germany for famed club Wolfsburg. Stylistically, Llanez is quite unique from the rest of the pool.

He LOVES attacking defenders in space. Slippery, quick, and insanely gifted on the ball, Llanez routinely makes life difficult for anyone tasked with defending him in wide areas. Unsurprisingly, he will be a fixture on the U-20 World Cup team. In one of his first matches with Wolfsburg, Llanez notched two goals and an assist. It’s only a matter of time before he’s positioned with Wolfsburg’s senior team.

Ledezema

Like Méndez, Ledezma is a potentially massive difference-maker for the United States Men’s National Team. The Phoenix native recently left Real Salt Lake’s Academy for famed Dutch club PSV Eindhoven. Ledezma’s game is largely predicated upon technical ability. His first touch is classy, and very few within his age group have his penchant for springing teammates up the pitch.

Those within U.S. Soccer rate Ledezma exceptionally high. Assuming he’s fully healthy, he should be involved with the U-20’s during the World Cup. With the senior team screaming for a No. 10, Ledezma’s skill-set appears to be a perfect fit for Berhalter’s system. Duly, a four-man midfield group of Ledezma, Llanez, Konrad, and Méndez might be as good a group as there is in the world on the U-20 level right now.

dest is dest..he can be real good.

Ajax is the perfect breeding ground for development (as we’re currently seeing in the Champions League). Dest should get an opportunity to be bumped up from the reserves to the first team next season. At the very worst, he’s clearly established himself as a rising prospect. Oh…and he’s an absolute perfect fit for Nick Lima’s inverted spot. Keep an eye on Dest…he’s good enough to become a world class player one day.

I believe

Last edited by jonny ball; April 20th, 2019 at 13:13.
post #10 of 136 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 13:20 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

MLS teams are playing these youngins and they r producing. MLS is like holland now...a lot of goals and good/decent skills but ave D play

busio is 16 and has 3 goals already

Ferreira might be the most skilled USA striker in MLS....3 goals and 2 assists so far...hes money in the box. Berhalter will def give him a call up to the gold cup? Jozy is injured again

Pax Pomyal....Tyler Adams was playing at his current level that early in his career, but not many have. He and Adams are similar trajectory types. IF he has a good under 20 tourney he is as good as gone!

sands and Aaranson are doing well too...I think sands is going to poland.

araujo is only 17 and he is doing well too. He is going to poland

I believe
post #11 of 136 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 13:40 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

pulisic has gone to chelski. Reyna is the newest american kid at dortmund. I think he will make it there. He is a very talented kid. I wont be surprised if u see reyna playing for dortmund first team next season He can dribble and maintain possession of the ball like a boss. He is an excellent prospect

Twitter

Gio Reyna: Who is Borussia Dortmund's latest American sensation?

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundes...k-city-fc-3914

I believe

Last edited by jonny ball; April 22nd, 2019 at 13:46.
post #12 of 136 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 14:05 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

if the USA team wins the u20 worldcup...its gonna help to propel this program to top level status and give the new generation a new found confidence,,, that they can compete with anymore.Ramos is going to try to get his top players...he is going in it to win it and he does have the group for dat

I believe
post #13 of 136 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 16:35 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

man.. sands, cerriolo, aaronson are trying to make the final u20 usa team roster..

sands is in and will prolly start at centerback.

Durkin could lose his spot to cerriolo he is trending! NAh,durkin is tabs fav boy and he is also good.

A lot of USA players are in form...I think they r gonna have fun.

araujo could also be a starter too ...he is a highly touted RB. Dest might have to play LB

Twitter

Ferriera would start over sargent but he prolly wont go to poland unless fifa gives him the ok(citizenship is pending)!

Llanez is a starter...edwards could go, im not sure.
Twitter

I believe
post #14 of 136 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 16:44 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

Twitter

I agree.....

I believe
post #15 of 136 (permalink) Old April 22nd, 2019, 18:39 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

i will merge the u17 team with this thread

Pepi...gio reyna(dortmund) and chaves......a very talented group of fowards. Las is prolly da best USA keeper prospect ever?

lets see how they will do!

But there is some high-profile attacking talent on this squad which is led by Gio Renya who is listed as unattached but will be heading to Borussia Dortmund. The son of former Untied States national team captain Claudio Reyna, Gio Reyna has been one of the leaders of this team for nearly the entire cycle.

Also, forward Ricardo Pepi also enters this tournament with a lot of momentum as the FC Dallas product has been the team’s best goal scorer this cycle and has carried that form into USL where he plays for the Dallas affiliate North Texas SC. With North Texas, Pepi has scored four goals in two games.

Twitter

One of the most talked about stories in American youth soccer this year was how the Seattle Sounders academy won the GA Cup over the weekend with wins over Flamengo, River Plate, West Ham United, and Valencia in the final. All those games were shutouts.

From that GA Cup-winning team two players on this U-17 roster: forward Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez who won the GA Cup Golden Boot with six goals and an assist and Daniel Leyva who won the GA Cup MVP and has already signed a first team contract with Seattle.

I believe
post #16 of 136 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 00:51 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

the young talent is taking over!

ASN article: Young Dallas continues to impress, the East is a mess, SSFC U-17s, & more

In recent years, typically the young players that would get on the field were defenders or holding/defensive midfielders. The number of young American players in attacking positions is eye-opening. Paxton Pomykal, Jesus Ferreira, Gianluca Busio, Jackson Yueil, Brenden Aaronson, and Djordje Mihaliovic have all had solid starts to the season. Jeremy Ebobisse continues to grow as a player. This weekend also saw the debut of U.S. U-17 forward Griffin Yow.

Youth development is always typically best measured in broad trends as opposed to specific instances. With that in mind, Seattle’s win is clearly part of dramatically upward trend for youth in American soccer. The U.S. U-20 teams are in their third consecutively strong cycle. The U-17 team should also compete favorably this year. Young American players are being sold to impressive teams based abroad – where they are performing. Young players are getting into MLS games and are also turning in impressive wins.

Now you add Seattle’s win on top of it and it is another strong indication that the next generation of American players are on the accent.

off topic

da mens side.

john brooks is having an excellent season....3 goals, 2 assists and some stellar D

Twitter

miazga needs to find a permanent home

Twitter

I believe
post #17 of 136 (permalink) Old April 23rd, 2019, 21:38 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

good ol mexico

Twitter

probable starters....moses wasnt called in but if we were to make it to the world cup...he will most likely start in the middle. Moses is an elite prospect.

Leyva and Ocampo played very well against riverplate, west ham,flamengo, ect. Renya is the mega star of this team tho

Twitter
Reza likes this.

I believe
post #18 of 136 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2019, 10:07 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

This is good news. Araujo looks to be a top talent. we need him in poland. fantastic prospect. hes only 17 but is already a starter for la galaxy!

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter

I believe
post #19 of 136 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2019, 22:27 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

damn, konrad that was filthy

Twitter

I hope Llanez , araujo and Ledezema start some games

Richard Ledezma is finally playing for PSV’s U-19 team but is yet to go a full 90. He is so good that Ramos will probably take him but his situation is not ideal.

The big question is Ulysses Llanez. The talented winger is now at Wolfsburg but can only play in occasional friendlies and scrimmages. Ramos is prioritizing playing minutes and Llanez has played sparingly since November. He’s very talented but unfortunately due to the timing of his move abroad and his birthday (which came after the registration date in Germany), he can only play in friendlies and scrimmages.

probable starters..

Twitter

I believe
post #20 of 136 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2019, 12:31 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

nasty stuff!

I believe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in