Twitter

Twitter

other news

Twitter

Horvath has improved
Twitter

another yank got promoted!
Twitter

miazga could be playing for an epl club next yr....maybe for chelsea(the club was banned from signing new players so...hmm)
Twitter

Mckennie is back!

Twitter

I believe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 136 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 21:58 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Teams: concacaf teams , Portugal
well, the u20 usa roster will be announced on fri. On paper, its one hell of a team..lets hope they can bring home their first ever major trophy

konrad, ledezema, mendez, durkin, pax, sands, amon, weah, sargent? Llanez, ceriolla, soto, dest, richards, ect

thats a lot of potential stars.....and adams is still eligible to play for this cycle

tab ramos is a legit youth head coach, goodluck man!

I believe
post #23 of 136 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 01:44 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

the concacaf u17 wordcop qualifiers start tomorrow

usa v canada

da lineup?

Las
Scally-Gray-Alejandre-KHF
Reyna-Leyva-Saldana-Busio
Pepi-AOC

I believe

post #24 of 136 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 22:12 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

this u20 is stacked some good players wont make the roster like this fella!

Twitter

good read...pax pomkyal got hurt. he will be fine when the tourney starts cuz hes an important player!

https://halfspaces.com/u20-world-cup-primer-us-centric/

So. You’ve decided to watch the under 20 World Cup this year. Welcome. You are well on your way to becoming the soccer version of a football recruiting guy/girl, or maybe one of those NFL draftnik types. Either way make sure you enjoy feeling superior to most other soccer fans because you saw player X in this tournament before they were a star.

How do I watch it?
It starts on May 23rd and FOX has the rights to the U20 World Cup so it will be available on Fox channels (FS1, FS2, FOX – if it’s like last time most of the games will be on FS2). Also, if you purchased the Fox Soccer Match Pass for the Bundesliga season the U20 WC will be available on there as well.

It’s being played in Poland so we’ll be looking at midday match times. That may call for a couple long lunches planned around US games.

Is the US any good?
Short answer. Yes. If you are reading this you probably already know that, but this is the best looking US U20 team I can remember. As a point of reference, this will be the fourth U20 World Cup that I have actually watched.

Apparently the 2007 US U20 team (young Bradley, Altidore, etc.) that lost in the quarters to Austria was really good, but I wasn’t a total soccer degenerate at that point. Plus, I’m not sure that tournament was even generally available to watch.

The center back pool is shallow, so if the top two aren’t available the center of defense might be weak, but the rest of the team is strong and deep. These are the teams the presumed starters/starting options are playing for:

Ochoa – RSL (Real Monarch starter)
Gloster – Hannover (U23 starter)
Richards – Bayern Munich (U19 starter)
McKenzie – Philadelphia (bench ��)
Dest – Ajax (U19 starter)
Mendez – Freiburg (U19 starter)
Pomykal – Dallas (starter)
Ledezma – PSV (U19 maybe starter?)
Llanez – Wolfsburg (can’t play yet)
Konrad – Barcelona (U19 starter)
Sargent – Werder Bremen (bench option)
Soto – Hannover (U19 starter/senior team bench option)

Sargent/Soto – It’s not a given that Sargent will even be with this team. There was a point earlier this year where it looked like Sargent was going to break into the Bremen full team, but he didn’t. He has only gotten a few minutes in the past couple months so now the U20 WC looks like a possibility.

Soto has broken through to get sub minutes in the past few weeks with Hannover as they prepare for life in the 2. Bundesliga. If Sargent isn’t there he’s your starter.

Llanez/Konrad – These might be the best two winger prospects the US has ever produced (remember CP was a 10 with USYNTs). Ulysses Llanez isn’t allowed to play official games with Wolfsburg yet (wasn’t 18 in time to be registered) but the last I heard Llanez had 2 goals and an assist in his first friendly start.

Konrad de la Fuente is playing for Barcelona’s U19 team and doing well. He starts on the right wing for them and looks like he might have a chance to play with Barca B in the next year or two.

Mendez/Pomykal/Ledezma – This is the most exciting part of the team for me. The US has traditionally had trouble finding creative midfield types. Who’s the last creative mid we’ve seen play regularly with the full NT? Feilhaber? It’s been a minute.

Image result for crazy times meme
All three of these guys are 8/10 hybrids. Mendez has the most offensive talent of the three but is weakest on D. Pomykal probably provides the best D. There’s only two starting spots for these three. It’s crazy. The US is leaving home guys who would be lock starters in any other cycle. Brenden Aaronson probably isn’t going to make this team and he starts for the Union.

I believe
post #25 of 136 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 22:38 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Llanez(wolfsburg).......Sargent(werder bremen)..........Konrad(barca)

.............................Mendes.(freiburg).... .....Pax(MLS)

..............................................Durk in(MLS)

Dest(ajax)........Richard(bayern)......edwards(wol fsburg).....araujo(MLS)

.................................................. .Ochoa

Bench:ledezema(PSV), gloser(hannover), soto(hannover), dos santos(benfica), weah(PSG), ect

this might be the lineup.

Araujo, durkin and Pax are good players. I wont be surprised if all 3 go to euro. Pax is the engine of this team....hes so good on D and on the offensive side...hes a wrecking ball. I hope they do well....I expect us to make da semis or to the finals!

I believe
post #26 of 136 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 23:54 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

canada are beating the US u17 team 2-0, halttime

70% of possession and they r down by 2 lol

oh, oh, they might not make it to the worldcup!

I believe
post #27 of 136 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 23:58 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

canada with one good ass goal too what a strike!

I believe
post #28 of 136 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2019, 01:58 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

USA with a W...3-2, must play better. a very good 2nd half tho,scored 3 goals

I believe
post #29 of 136 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2019, 14:29 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

ledezma, i havent seen him play yet...i cant wait to see him play for the us u20 team...PSV gave him a bunch of money to get him from the US. They think he is a good ass talent.

Twitter

Twitter

reyna played well v canada....he has been really hyped up in the US. He is going to dortmund. Dude can dribble and score on free kicks. hes got a lot of pressure on his shoulders!

a US player is da best player for mexico Efrain still could play for the US. He is keeping his options open. I think he should play for the US if he wants to contend for a woldcup title in a few yrs

Twitter

I believe
post #30 of 136 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2019, 00:24 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

da us u 17 are rolling...i didnt watch

busio can shoot like a boss

Twitter

Twitter

damn, what a goal

Twitter

ledezema hype!

Twitter

I believe
post #31 of 136 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2019, 21:55 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

the u17 us are taking care of business....its their B team.

reyna is smooth on da ball. Hes having a good tourney but he isnt really trying

Pepi is garbage tho

Twitter

las is prolly the best US keeper prospect ever....so keep an eye out for him

I believe
post #32 of 136 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 21:56 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

soto and gloster were going anyway . Richards is going to poland. He could make it at bayern!

Twitter

Twitter

Yep...good times are ahead

Twitter

its a start of something

Twitter

I believe
post #33 of 136 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 22:06 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

ledezema({PSV) is going to poland. Hes a talent that i cant wait to watch. Our starting Keeper is heathy, scott, hes going to poland too, thats good news.

weah is going too.....he will back up soto.

The offense is quite good...this team is hungry and focused...hope they do well.

I believe
post #34 of 136 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2019, 22:10 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

we will be a top sawker nation...its gonna happen

Thanks germany and holland for developing, mckennie, pulisc, sargent, adams, ledezma, dest and novavivh

PULISIC, MCKENNIE, AND ADAMS FORGE PATH FOR FUTURE USMNT GENERATIONS

https://www.onegoal.us/blog/2019/5/9...nt-generations

Take Bavarian giants Bayern Munich as an example. Already acquiring RSL Academy product Taylor Booth and FC Dallas player Chris Richards, Munich took a step further in establishing a professional partnership with FC Dallas. What sets this relationship apart from the other MLS/European partnerships is that it seems more organic and focused on developing youth by exposing them early to German training methods and facilities. Given its initial success, we anticipate that more European clubs will follow this model going forward, increasing the exposure and development of American players.

There’s a pipeline under construction for American talent to make their way to Europe. With the likes of Richy Ledezma, Alex Mendez, Uly Llanez, Chris Richards, Erik Palmer-Brown, and Sebastian Soto ready to burst onto the scene in Europe, surely the best of U.S. Soccer is yet to come.

I believe
post #35 of 136 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 16:20 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

It's a good team but not our strongest one.....missing adams, edwards,sargent, araujo n amon...dunno why amon wasn't called in unless he's going to be on the gold cup roster...anyway, this team has good chemistry and weah , konrad n ledezema could be 3 great additions that could help this team to make to the semis or win it all. The talent is good enough to go all the way!

Roster:

GOALKEEPERS (3): CJ Dos Santos (Benfica/POR; Foxchase, Pa.; 2/0), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.; 4/0), Brady Scott (Köln/GER; Petaluma, Calif.; 9/0)
DEFENDERS (6): Sergino Dest (Ajax/NED; Almere-Stad, Netherlands; 8/1), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96/GER; Montclair, N.J.; 11/0), Aboubacar Keita (Richmond Kickers; Columbus, Ohio; 2/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.; 10/3), Matthew Real (Philadelphia Union; Drexel Hill, Pa.; 10/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Birmingham, Ala.; 8/0)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Edwin Cerrillo (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas; 0/0), Chris Durkin (D.C. United; Glen Allen, Va.; 2/0), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.; 4/0), Alex Mendez (Freiburg/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.; 15/8), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas; 9/3), Brandon Servania (FC Dallas; Dallas, Texas; 8/2)
FORWARDS (6): Ayo Akinola (Toronto FC/CAN; Brampton, Ont.; 12/9), Konrad De La Fuente (Barcelona/ESP; Miami, Fla.; 2/1), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.; 11/7), Justin Rennicks (New England Revolution; South Hamilton, Mass.; 13/6), Sebastian Soto (Hannover 96/GER; San Diego, Calif.; 5/2), Tim Weah (Celtic FC/SCO; Rosedale, N.Y.; 0/0)

I believe
post #36 of 136 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 22:58 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

Llanez and ledezema are starters but tabs will rotate da players to keep dem fresh!

hes a talent! too bad he got injurued
Twitter

Twitter

yep!

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter

well good luck!...

I believe
post #37 of 136 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 22:59 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

thus u17 is good...reyna is just dominating at this level.

Twitter

I believe
post #38 of 136 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 11:36 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

good read.

durkin, pax, ledezema and mendez are wonderful midfielders.

konrad, ledezema, dest and Llanez are good to very good dribblers.

mendez and durkin are technical players.

I can see weah having a big tourney....konrad and the midfielders are going to give him a lot of space to operate.

its a very good roster. a lot of exciting players. Its a rare blend of technical/ good dribblers fora us US side

ASN article: Weah, Pomykal, Mendez, Dest, & Richards highlight U-20 World Cup roster

U-20 World Cup Roster
Weah, Pomykal, Mendez, Dest, & Richards highlight U-20 World Cup roster
The United States U-20 World Cup roster has finally been revealed and overall, Tab Ramos is bringing a very strong team to Poland. Some tough cuts had to be made, but the U.S. team has the talent to make a run in Poland. ASN's Brian Sciaretta breaks down the team.

OVERALL A STRONG BUT YOUNG TEAM

For the second straight cycle, Tab Ramos will be without the two best players from this age group. In 2017, Ramos was without Christian Pulisic and Weston McKennie. This cycle, Ramos will be without Tyler Adams and Josh Sargent – who were both also part of the 2017 U-20 team while playing up a cycle.

This year, however, Ramos will be able to assemble a very strong starting lineup if everyone is healthy. There are not many weaknesses among the first choice. Some of the backup positions are thin and some players like Mark McKenzie and Paxton Pomykal are carrying injuries. If they return, however, it should make for a powerful squad.

In attacking midfield, Alex Mendez, Paxton Pomykal, and Richard Ledezma are three of the most promising players the U.S. U-20 team has had at the No. 8 and No. 10 positions in several cycles.

I believe
post #39 of 136 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 12:50 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

**** ya..hope they do it!

this is da moment that da US fans/sawker pundits have been waiting for...we can def compete for the trophy, I hope they show their stuff....this is the cycle to do it with!

looking forward to seeing this dude, our sancho!

Twitter

I believe

Last edited by jonny ball; May 11th, 2019 at 12:55.
post #40 of 136 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2019, 13:41 Thread Starter
We will ROCK u
International

Twitter

mendez...dude is scoring great goals for fc freiburg...he has a magical foot.

mendez could become a star after this world cup....hes got a crazy shot. Ledezema, mendez and Llanez could all get promoted next season cuz they r already good!

I believe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in