Xtratime Community banner

American Players Abroad

147K views 7K replies 76 participants last post by  jonny ball 
#1 ·
I have seen similar threads in other forums, and I thought it would be good to have a thread where we could follow the progress of Americans not playing at home. There are quite a few more than I expected, which is good to see.

A great site for following these players and also for the US NT is http://www.yanks-abroad.com/. They do all sorts of articles on the performance of our abroad players and their progress. It is well kept and the articles are fairly well written.

Anyone who wants to discuss our players abroad is welcome here, and we encourage fans of the teams these players are playing for to come here and share their point of view with us.

#7 ·
yanks-abroad.com said:
TOFFEES CLAIM WOLFF ON VISIT
Sara DeWitt for Yanks Abroad Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Everton are insisting that US forward Josh Wolff's training visit to Goodison Park is merely that, despite speculation that Toffees boss David Moyes was interested in signing the Kansas City Wizard.

British tabloid The Sun had reported earlier in the week that the Liverpool side would be willing to pay £500,000 for the 28-year old international.

"Josh is training with the club," an Everton press representative told YA on Wednesday afternoon. "The official line from the club is that he is working on his fitness ahead of the World Cup. It's a similar situation to (DC United's) Brian Carroll training at Blackburn."

Both 'Nats were among the players who stayed behind after the US-Scotland friendly for training stints with European clubs in an effort to stay fit after the end of the MLS season.

Everton have also confirmed that New England midfielder Clint Dempsey will be working with the club temporarily.

Of the three, Wolff would have the easiest time obtaining a UK work permit because he previously held a European passport.

The Toffees currently sit in 16th in the table, after a rough start to the 2005/06 Premiership campaign. In their first 11 games, they have scored only four goals.
Wolff and Dempsey both rumored to be training at Everton, this could be the start of something great. :)

#8 ·
Cherundolo just scored for Hannover :)

#10 ·
Onyewu was voted part of the "golden eleven" for the Belgian Jupiler league today.
Votes come from the players of the Jupiler league.

Golden Eleven

Goalkeeper: Runje

Defenders: Kompany, Vanden Borre, Onyewu, Carlos

Midfielders: Janssens, Boussoufa, Geraerts

Attackers: Conçeicao, Wilhelmsson, Tchité

Good job Onyewu, he has a big future in front of him.

#16 ·
Lee Nguyen will be making 545,000 a season...dam , nice change for a 19 yr old

convey had a gd game tonite but US keeper marcus was great , hmm ,watch him in the epl next yr , he is gonna be gd I feel

#17 ·
More on the subject...

PSV signs Indiana forward Lee Nguyen

Associated Press
EINDHOVEN, Netherlands -

Indiana freshman forward Lee Nguyen signed a 3 1/2-year soccer contract with PSV Eindhoven.
The 19-year-old was the 2004 national boys soccer player of the year and was on the U.S. roster for last year's FIFA World Youth Championship for under-20 teams. At that tournament, played in the Netherlands, he was noticed by PSV coach Guus Hiddink.
Two trial periods with PSV's youth side "proved he is a good addition for the future," PSV said in a statement Thursday.
U.S. midfielder DaMarcus Beasley is a regular starter for PSV.

#26 ·
You people might want to check out the Future Stars forum. Russell is saying that Rossi shouldn't play for the US because "he is too good for them." Jonny and I have already said something about it, I think we need to take it to him.