1954-2006

Eskişehir'de Doğdum ESKİŞEHİRSPOR'LUYUM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2011, 18:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Eskişehirspor, Türkiye
Finally we played an incredible game and won 1-0 via an Alper Potuk goal. We could have won by a bigger margin but the Samsun keeper Ahmet Sahin came up with some incredible saves especially 1v1 with Tello.

Tello, Alper, Diomansy Kamara, Veysel Sari and Ivesa had great games. Pele got into a fight with Burak Dilmen (Skibbe's assistant) after he refused to take the field for an 89'th minute sub. Good win, good play, needed those 3 points!!

1954-2006

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2011, 21:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Alper's nice goal :thmbup: now if you could concentrate on Eskisehirspor I would appreciate it!!

1954-2006

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2011, 01:08
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Bursaspor, Turkiye
great goal, deserves a NT callup

won't get it though.

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2011, 01:13 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

I know, he's on the wrong team

1954-2006

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2011, 01:31
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Yeah, so is Serdar Aziz.

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2011, 01:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

We're doomed man no matter what we do we won't get any respect but I don't care I'll fight all these mofo's one by one. Don't respect my club? fine I will disrespect yours as well! and I will criticize you in everything you criticize the Anadolu teams of.

At least Serdar is probably more into Bursaspor than Alper is into Eskisehirspor. I got a feeling I'm going to hate Alper's guts very soon so I try not to say too many good things about him but the kid is very talented can't help it sometimes. I hope Serdar stays a long time at Bursa and winds up going to a good European team (if he indeed wants a transfer or a change in setting)

1954-2006

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2011, 03:21
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Yeah pretty much man, you summed it up pretty well. We grow them and ship them out when they get too good. Nobody shows Anadolu clubs or their supporters proper respect, then people in the media get upset when people don't come to games. People create this Istanbul-centric society as if the rest of the country is underdeveloped trash. It's really annoying when you got glory-seeking Istanbul club fans that come and talk shit when you point out flaws with their clubs and expect that you and your club "know their place." Get the **** outta here with that garbage you wannabe elitist pricks.

Serdar is a huge Bursa fan, from what I heard he turned down several offers from GS and Fener when he was about 17 or 18 and doing well in the youth NTs. I don't think he is getting paid very much right now, nowhere near how much he deserves or how much an Istanbul club would offer him. Even when he wasn't getting much playing time, he accepted a contract extension until 2015. I actually saw him on the deniz otobus two times when I went went from Istanbul to Bursa and vice-versa over the summer of 2010 and he seemed like a pretty nice and down-to-earth guy. I dunno if he changed since then, but I don't think he'll be going to any Istanbul team anytime soon unless Bursa will make a significant profit or if we no longer want him like with Sercan or Volkan (REALLY doubt this will happen as he's not a lazy troublemaker like those two). You never know though. I guess that's the advantage of winning the league in 2010. If we came in 2nd, I can guarantee you that our team would be in a much worse-off place. I hope Anadolu teams with great fans like Eskisehir can also win championships as well, so our Anadolu clubs can get some of the respect they deserve. I'm sick of going through my Turkish sports news feeds and seeing like 80% of them having to do with Istanbul clubs.

Now that I think about it though, I would be heartbroken if Serdar went to an Istanbul team, but as long as he showed Bursa and Bursaspor the proper respect, I wouldn't be that upset. They are professionals too at the end of the day, and if they don't get compensated properly, they have every right to leave. At that point, you can only get upset at the coach and the board for not giving him what he deserves. If someone offered me a job that paid me double or triple what I made at my current job, I'd have to be really loyal or have some ridiculous incentives in order to stay at that first job. It sucks that that's how it works nowadays, everything being about money, but we just have to accept it and move on. That's why clubs like Bursa and Eskisehir need to invest in their youth academies and scouting networks because that's the only real way that we can compete with money. Grow/Find them before they become well-recognized and then sign them onto long-term deals until you build up enough revenue when you can keep them and compete with the deep pockets. Signing worthless idiots like Insua, Wederson, and Tello to huge deals is simply idiotic.

That's the main thing I'm upset with Ertugrul about now that I think about it. He has not really taken our great youth prospects and integrated them into the team very well. We have a huge squad and only play 13 or 14 guys regularly. Where the hell is Emre Pehlivan? Where is Okan Deniz? Ismail Odabasi? Musa Cagiran? I know Eskisehir has loaned out some good prospects to lower division clubs/put their other younger guys in the reserves and they seem to be doing well there. I dunno why we're concentrating so much on getting good foreign players that we neglect the youth so much, it's a complete waste. I swear if we put the same money that we put into these expensive foreign idiots into those two categories, we'd be competing at the top every year. I don't know why the Turkish businessmen/mafiosos that run football clubs lack so much vision, it's quite unbearable at times to be honest. I bet if I was in their position, I could just use football manager as my scouting tool and improve our team much more cheaply and efficiently than they ever could, that's how bad these guys are.

I can't say much for Alper as I don't know him very well, but I think he certainly has a bright future ahead of him unless he lets his mind gets messed up by the media as with Sercan and Volkan, which doesn't look likely seeing how he carries himself. I hope that he'll stay in Eskisehir because he is really something special. If I was Skibbe and/or Halil Unal, I would do everything I could right now to extend his contract until 2016. Show that you really want him, and he might very well sign on. The longer you guys wait, the harder it will be if he really does want to leave. His contract runs out in 2013, so they need to act quickly and decisively otherwise they might be in a position where they'll have to sell him after this year or he'll go for free.

Man, talking about this kind of stuff makes me kind of angry/depressed.

Adı Aşk Bu Eziyetin
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2011, 19:45
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesilTimsah View Post
That's why clubs like Bursa and Eskisehir need to invest in their youth academies and scouting networks because that's the only real way that we can compete with money.

Unless the TFF comes along and says something like "oh, nice job developing these players, but we don't like the way our richer clubs are being inconvenienced by your asking prices, so from now on we'll bring in laws so that the richer clubs can come and take your players for peanuts (so that they can develop better playing less 1st team football :rollani, agree or else we'll cut your tv money That's basically what is happening in England with this new EPPP disgrace.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in