• Hungary by 1 goal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hungary by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%

EURO 2020 Qualifier: HRVATSKA vs Hungary - October 10th, 2019

5K views 105 replies 23 participants last post by  Ljubuski 
#1 · (Edited)
vs.

October 10th 2019 - 20:45 CET / Local Time (2:45 EDT)

Stadion Poljud, Split (Capacity 34,198)

Match day 7 sees HRVATSKA take on Hungary hoping to get revenge for the 2-1 loss in Hungary back in March. The Vatreni will also be battling to overcome it's rather poor record of past results at the Poljud which stands at 1 Win vs 3 Losses and 7 Draws which comes out to a pathetic 8.3% win rate (and that lone win required coming from behind vs Georgia). And hopefully we don't have a repeat of the "fan" created drama like our last Qualifier in Split vs Italia

Results in Poljud over the years:
1-1 vs Italia in 1995
1-1 vs Denmark in 1997
3-3 vs Slovenia in 1997
0-1 vs Denmark in 1999 (friendly)
0-0 vs Spain in 2000 (friendly)
0-0 vs Poland in 2003 (friendly)
1-2 vs Germany in 2004 (friendly)
1-1 vs Brazil in 2005 (friendly)
0-3 vs Netherlands in 2008 (friendly)
2-1 vs Georgia in 2011
2-4 vs Switzerland in 2012 (friendly)
1-1 vs Italy in 2015

Group E standings heading into Match Day 7:

from UEFA.com:
- Hungary won reverse fixture 2-1 in March
- Pátkai's winner was his first international goal
- Croatia had not lost in previous nine meetings (W3)
- Hosts have won both home game in group 2-1
- 13 October: Hungary v Azerbaijan, Wales v Croatia

Betting odds:

The game may be broadcast on ESPN3 here in USA

See less See more
#4 ·
Bradarić will have to be head and shoulders above the other LB options to get selected at this stage...he's an U21 player and Dalić will leave him until he has to pick him...we've seen it before with Kovačić and others...

Anyway, will be interesting to see what Dalić does now that Rakitić is back...will Vlašić be dropped? Not saying the situations are the same but Ćaleta-Car is being frozen out for skipping the U21 tourney...

Petković will keep his spot up front which will mean Rebić is solely a RW option...but Brekalo is playing regularly and in form...Oršić should also come into contention...

Lovren isn't playing and in the Azeri game it probably showed...Jedvaj is a regular now at Augsburg so he'll probably slot in at RB...unless Bartolec impressed Dalić enough...

#7 ·
Wow, that Poljud record is abysmal :wallbang:

1-4-7 wtf :googly:

Reactions: Orkan
#12 ·
I honestly don’t think there will be an issue as that place will have the entire army let alone police there :yawn: Also I doubt Torcida will be present. This whole thing is a political PR stunt just like with Hajduk being in first place leading up to this match

Though as we see with UEFA any chant could result punishment as both Slovakia and Hungary play their next home games in empty stadiums for racism despite playing each other :D

#17 ·
No I was never aligned but they do ask here when applying for the voter ID; New Jersey wasn't boring to me outside the bad winters, there was more stuff to do within a shorter distance and much better public transportation if you wanted to go to NYC/Philly. Never was party animal, more of a nature/history person (hence why living in NJ was cool, you are near all these historic sites). Florida is basically flat all the way through and no real historic sites south of Jacksonville, don't think Orlando was populated until the 1950s :D I was planning to drive up to near your parts (Chattanooga) to see the mountains and Civil War sites one weekend but its like a 9 hour drive. The only place I really enjoyed so far in Florida is St. Augustine but that's not a close drive either

#21 ·
I would like to see Orsic getting more time on the pitch.
He seems both skilled and efficient in the final area.

Having Orsic and Brekalo as supersubs could be huge for us if we qualify for euro.

Assuming everybody is in shape.

Livakovic vrsaljko vida lovren barisic bartolec jedvaj peric bradaric brozovic modric vlasic rakitic kovacic pasalic perisic rebic brekalo orsic kramaric petkovic

We really got weapons to have another deep run.

#24 ·
#27 ·
Reactions: Ero
#28 ·
The fastest ever sold out game for Croatia at home. 34,000 tickets in less than 20 hours.

Split :proud:

#33 ·
It's all vlaji and Hercegovci..
At least 15k of them are collecting pensions from the war and "disabled" too. They are still treated as heroes though, when they go back to Citluk for holidays talking war stories and how we just didn't get it right because of the commie menace that still runs the country.

:howler::howler:

real Splićani will be backing Hungary.
They probably don't give a shit all that much to be honest.

#30 ·
I want to see Vlasic & Brekalo in the first 11. Based on form for both club & country they deserve it. If that means Rakitic & Rebic sit it out I'm fine with that. Rebic would be a useful sub coming on against tired legs.

I'd rather Jedvaj than Lovren as well, especially if he has been playing CB. You can't have rusty players in games of such importance.

#31 ·
Peric should be considered more seriously. He is involved and important in a champions league team and with Livakovic they got already a chemistry that could be useful for the NT.

Livakovic
Vrsaljko peric jedvaj bradaric
Brozovic kovacic vlasic
Brekalo petkovic Rebic

This could be the kind of team we might see in 2022 2024...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.