Vlasic needs to be playing if we wanna go far. Our biggest problem is a lack of RB as HS pointed out.
I know this generation is mostly known for its midfield/wing talent but that's a decent amount of promising defenders especially at CB. Katic, Uremovic, Benkovic, Kalaica, Borevkovic, Caleta Car. And the good thing is most of these guys have gotten solid minutes for their clubs this season. In fact alot of our players have gotten a solid amount of minutes this season whether as a starter, coming off the bench or a mix. So to counter the myth that most of these players haven't played very much, I've listed all of them down with the amount of minutes they have played this season in all competitions beside their names. Of course some of the players have lacked minutes and have had fluctuations in playing time, but for a bunch of youngsters thats quite normal. In general it's been quite solid. I've also provided some context, however I only took a quick glance so if some of my contextual information is wrong please correct me.
G (games played)
- 30G, 2500 mins. He lost his spot during the season but seems to have gotten it back as he has started in a fair few number of games towards the end of the season.
Uremovic (Rubin Kazin)
- 27G, 2235 mins. Solidified starter for Rubin Kazin
- 30G, 2284 mins. Was a starter for the Celtics for a while but looking at the last few games not so much. Not sure why. Our other confused Croatian, Simunovic seems to be starting though.
Kalaica (Benfica II)
- 34G, 2928 mins. Starter all season.
Borevkovic (Rio Ave)
- 24G, 2108 mins. Seems like he starting getting alot of playing time towards the end of the season which is good.
Caleta Car (Olympique Marseille)
- 26G, 2085 mins. Was actually surprised to see how many minutes he's played. Really picked up towards the end of the season.
- 12G, 613 mins. Actually thought this would be less. Got a couple of starts at the end of the season. 4 of his 12 games was played as LM.
- 24G, 1897 mins. Starter for the senior squad after coming from the second team during the beginning of the season. Hajduk fans are high in him.
- 26G, 2266 mins. Starter for Gorica who have done well this season. Must be something to this guy.
Vlasic (CSKA Moscow)
- 31G, 2730 mins.
- 41G, 2876 mins. A starter for the most part. The high amount of Dinamo games allowed for rotational lineups. Our U21 captain right?
- 34G, 3029 mins. Starter all season for Lokomotiva and has been since last season.
- 27G, 1547 mins. Another one that surprised me with the minutes. Started for a large portion at the mid end to the end of the season.
- 29G, 2146 mins. Included the few games he had with Dinamo's second team. Injured for a good portion at the start of the season.
- 11G, 776 mins. Was injured for a while. Came back to health at the end of February. Lots of competition in that AM position at Dinamo.
Bistrovic (CSKA Moscow)
- 23G, 1438 mins. Starter before and somewhat after his injury. His playing time has fluctuated following his comeback with him coming off the bench at times.
Halilovic (Standard Liege)
- 17G, 695 mins. Transferred mid way from AC Milan where he was superstar. Mostly coming off the bench. Talented but weak. Hit the gym boy. Good thing is that he seems to be playing well in this U21 team.
Brekalo ( Wolfsburg)
- 27G, 1527 mins. Playing minutes has been on and off throughout the season where he'd start for a large portion of games and then would suddenly start coming off the bench. Had a number of small injuries throughout the season. Either way he's one of my favourite players. I hope he moves to another team though.
Jakolis (Admira Wacker)
26G, 1332 mins. Got more minutes last season and was a starter as opposed to this season where he mostly has come off the bench. Has had a fair few starts. A poor score rate. 26 games and 1 goal this season. Mostly played as a LW so maybe that's why. 12 games for the U21 and 5 goals. Just keep scoring for the NT.
Muric (Sporting Braga II and Rijeka)
- 27G, 1574 mins. Including his time spent in Portugal. Touted as a big thing back in the day. Hopefully he get's back on track with Rijeka. 12 starts in 16 games. Good signs.
Kulenovic (Legia Warsaw)
- 25G, 857 mins. Comes off the bench. 5 starts and 4 goals in the Polish league. Very interested to see how this one develops.
- 33G, 2935 mins. Starting GK in this tourney for sure.
- 36G, 3194 mins.
- 7G, 630 mins.