EURO 2020 Qualifier: HRVATSKA vs Azerbaijan - March 21st, 2019 - Page 3 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win this UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier?
HRVATSKA by 2+ goals 7 87.50%
HRVATSKA by 1 goal 1 12.50%
Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.) 0 0%
Scoreless Draw 0 0%
Azerbaijan by 1 goal 0 0%
Azerbaijan by 2+ goals 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 15:17 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Croatia! Bayern, Madrid, Inter, Rijeka, Bari
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamozagreb86 View Post
Pjaca suffered another cruciate ligament tear in his knee. Season over. Guy cant catch a break.
wow that really stinks! poor kid

but he never should've been called up in the first place... on the plus side Petković will in all likelihood get his spot on the roster now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 15:21 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante View Post
We will need to score early...and end this one quickly.

Remember the Kosova game...all one way traffic but no goals...then panic set in...until a late winner.

Vida

goal @ 1m28s mark:
Ero, Ante and dinamozagreb86 like this.

Last edited by Nepoznat; March 9th, 2019 at 15:29.
post #43 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 15:31 Thread Starter
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURS_LUKA_FAN View Post
weird .... why not play Jedvaj (RB) and Bradaric (LB) in their natural position ... I can't see any sense playing Brekalo as a defender ... that's stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepoznat View Post
only thing I can think of is because it's Azerbaijan at home and we will likely be in possession and attacking basically the whole 90'?

With Rebić and Pjaca out I assume Brekalo moves up to natural RW spot instead of RB (unless Krama on RW and Petković at CF if he gets official call up) does that mean we're back to Marko Rog at RB?!? haha

post #44 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 15:56
Star Player

Teams: Croatia NT, Dinamo
Quote:
Pjaca suffered another ACL injury. Season over. Guy can't catch a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante View Post

That's now two major injuries...safe to say, he'll never be what he could have been....wish him a speedy recovery and all the best.
Devastating news.

He had all the potential in the world at his fingertips with the talent he was given and his style of play.

So dangerous of a player that if Čačić would have brought him in sooner we have a very different game against the Portuguese at Euro 2016

AND

A Perišić on one side of the field and a "healthy" Pjaca against France on the other side would have been game over for the French with all certainty.

Have watched this guy play from day one, and his talent, strength, and speed were up there with anyone on the wing. (Prior to his injury of course)

What a great player! Such a pleasure to watch.

Nema Predaje
Ero, Ante and Zelja like this.

Well you just need something to fill the void that's left in your life. Lois has her knitting, Chris has his video games, Meg's learning how to drive, and me, I like the sauce…
post #45 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 21:25
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivorakija View Post
Devastating news.

He had all the potential in the world at his fingertips with the talent he was given and his style of play.

So dangerous of a player that if Čačić would have brought him in sooner we have a very different game against the Portuguese at Euro 2016

AND

A Perišić on one side of the field and a "healthy" Pjaca against France on the other side would have been game over for the French with all certainty.

Have watched this guy play from day one, and his talent, strength, and speed were up there with anyone on the wing. (Prior to his injury of course)

What a great player! Such a pleasure to watch.

Nema Predaje
Yep Freaking Cacic playing Brozovic at rightwing instead of Pjaca.
post #46 of 114 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2019, 22:52
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepoznat View Post
With Rebić and Pjaca out I assume Brekalo moves up to natural RW spot instead of RB (unless Krama on RW and Petković at CF if he gets official call up) does that mean we're back to Marko Rog at RB?!? haha
Breaklo, Krama and Perisic. Petkovic can also be placed there, Vlasic can also play on the wing. Also Orsic deserves a call up.

This crazy experimenting is stupid just do the common sense things and get the 6pts.
ForzaFiume and Nepoznat like this.
post #47 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 17:39
International

Rebic will be healthy. He has nothing serious, only Pjaca is officially out.
Ante, pivorakija and Nepoznat like this.
post #48 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 17:48
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Twitter
dalmate, pivorakija and Nepoznat like this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #49 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 21:45
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Brozovic injured? WTF
post #50 of 114 (permalink) Old March 10th, 2019, 23:51
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURS_LUKA_FAN View Post
Brozovic injured? WTF
We’re so deep at the midfield spot losing a Brozovic ain’t all too bad.

I would like if we callup a Sunjic, Bristovic to replace him.
dalmate and Nepoznat like this.
post #51 of 114 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2019, 00:04
Premier Player

Kova should come in for Broz, shouldn't be too much of a difference.

If I'm not mistaken that's only four (Vida, Modrić, Rakitić, Perišić) who started the WC final 8 months ago. The defence is interesting, we've seen them all before but this is the first real test.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
dalmate and Nepoznat like this.
post #52 of 114 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2019, 11:52
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Teams: Tottenham - Croatia
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian batman View Post
We’re so deep at the midfield spot losing a Brozovic ain’t all too bad.

I would like if we callup a Sunjic, Bristovic to replace him.
Sunjic could be a really good add to our squad, and I think that Orsic could be a nice one too on our wings, because we need more depths on our bench for those positions.

In the last Dinamo match against Benfica, I was really surprised by the level proposed by some croatian players. I had the opportunity to see the both legs between Anderlecht and Dinamo, but yeah, I was really surprised, positively surprised.

Dalic and our coaching staff need to scout them, because there's a lot of talent there.

And for me, as someone has said here on XT, Livakovic needs to be a starter. He's clearly better than other options like Lovre Kalinic etc... The kid is simply impressive, and very mature in his attitude and skills. A future top GK and I'm sure that he'll join a top side in a near future !
Ero, Ante, dinamozagreb86 and 1 others like this.

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

post #53 of 114 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2019, 13:40
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
Seems like Rebic will be good to go.

From SN:
Ivan Perišić i Ante Rebić trebali bi biti u redu. Perišić je obavio pregled magnetskom rezonancom, koji pokazuje edem na mišiću, međutim najava je da će igrati u četvrtak u uzvratu Europske lige s Eintrachtom. Rebić će početi trenirati u utorak. Imao je problema s koljenom, osjetio je to na utakmici s Hoffenheimom, ali ide nabolje. Nadam se da će obojica biti dobro - kazao nam je Dalić.

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet...acija/8470931/
dalmate likes this.

First EEPL Champion.
post #54 of 114 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2019, 15:20
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Quote:
Seems like Rebic will be good to go.

From SN:
Ivan Perišić i Ante Rebić trebali bi biti u redu. Perišić je obavio pregled magnetskom rezonancom, koji pokazuje edem na mišiću, međutim najava je da će igrati u četvrtak u uzvratu Europske lige s Eintrachtom. Rebić će početi trenirati u utorak. Imao je problema s koljenom, osjetio je to na utakmici s Hoffenheimom, ali ide nabolje. Nadam se da će obojica biti dobro - kazao nam je Dalić.

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet...acija/8470931/
A really good news about Rebic, but I would really like to see Petkovic up front with Perisic and Rebic on the wings.

And Krama plus Brekalo coming in for Rebic and Perisic, because both players are tired and a bit fragile.
dinamozagreb86 likes this.

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

post #55 of 114 (permalink) Old March 11th, 2019, 15:21
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Nepoznat likes this.
post #56 of 114 (permalink) Old March 13th, 2019, 15:19
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo, Real Madrid, Croatia NT
@Ero , you must know more than most about Petkovic...whats he like. I know he went to Italy and has been on loan to Dinamo. From what I know, he's a decent playmaker (assists goals) and not a bad goal scorer. How well does he do in other parts of the game?

Is he a sub in Dinamo? Seems like he's not the main forward.
post #57 of 114 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2019, 05:23
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
As of right now, he is our main forward. Gavranovic has returned for injury but I think we'll see Petkovic start in Lisbon tomorrow. Like I've said before about him he's just so smooth with the ball, great technical ability and physically strong, wins alot of headers. He's been scoring a decent amount of goals for Dinamo however I dont see him ever being a prolific scorer. Maybe I'm wrong as he's got all the tools to be one. I'm excited to see if he can bring what he's shown at Dinamo to the NT.
Ero, Ante, dalmate and 2 others like this.

First EEPL Champion.
post #58 of 114 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2019, 11:53
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Quote:
As of right now, he is our main forward. Gavranovic has returned for injury but I think we'll see Petkovic start in Lisbon tomorrow. Like I've said before about him he's just so smooth with the ball, great technical ability and physically strong, wins alot of headers. He's been scoring a decent amount of goals for Dinamo however I dont see him ever being a prolific scorer. Maybe I'm wrong as he's got all the tools to be one. I'm excited to see if he can bring what he's shown at Dinamo to the NT.
Remember how Mandza was really shaky at Dinamo, how everyone has noticed how he wasn't decisive at all front of the goal, not physically strong etc...

By these words, I want to explain the fact that Mandza had 24 years old when he was at Dinamo (same age than Petkovic) and look at his level today. Now, he is a real beast and maybe the best striker that we've never had with Suker.

At my eyes, Petkovic seems to be this kind of player, who's playing with his heart, fighting until the end, a true potenial etc... with like you said, great technical abilities and physically strong.

I'm really curious to see what he can do in our NT, and I would really love to see him playing the first match !

COYS!

post #59 of 114 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2019, 13:01
Ero
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
@Ero , you must know more than most about Petkovic...whats he like. I know he went to Italy and has been on loan to Dinamo. From what I know, he's a decent playmaker (assists goals) and not a bad goal scorer. How well does he do in other parts of the game?

Is he a sub in Dinamo? Seems like he's not the main forward.
He's our main forward and at the ripe old age of 24 he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods

Jokes aside, he's earned his place and showed some amazing form lately, a real threat with back to goal or ball at feet, very creative, strong on the ball, good passing range and vision. He also has a flair for backheels, bicycle goals, volleys. If he keeps up this form he will be a great addition to the NT.

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
Rudyard Kipling
post #60 of 114 (permalink) Old March 14th, 2019, 13:20
Premier Player

The guys on the tribina podcast did a really good analysis of Petković recently.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Tags
azerbaijan , croatia , euro 2020 , hrvatska , qualifier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in