Draw 0 0%
Other 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 28th, 2019, 01:59
Premier Player

There's no easy fix here.

-We don't have a quality full-back apart from the injured Vrsaljko.

-We have little depth in terms of proven players at CB.

-Our first choice keeper has seemingly lost all form since taking over the role.

-All our best emerging talents play in positions that are covered by our three best individual players.

-Our attackers are good players who don't suit the system.

Dalić has got to make some tough calls but in a lot of ways his hands are tied. He's not going to drop Rakitić or Perišić just for the sake of it. And he definitely won't be doing it if we end up in a dogfight for a qualifying spot.

I still think our best course of action post-Russia was to do a rebuild immediately. Tough and perhaps unfair on some but better than doing it mid-campaign.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2019, 02:01
Premier Player

Old March 28th, 2019, 07:30
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmate View Post
I really think that this is the time to put Rakitic on the bench because we don't want to see a player play at 50%, and being not interested by the match or the effort to do.

At my eyes, in qualifiers this players is hugely irritating to watch, because we all know how he is very good with Barcelona but very poor with us, expect during the WC where he was unbelievable. But at a moment, we need to take some decisions, and drop Brozovic isn't the good thing because he's nice with the defensive midfielder job.

If we let Rakitic lead the defensive midfield, we'll be demolished by our future opponents. We need fighters and passion on the pitch, not a guy who's walking all around the pitch without the ability to dictate the game.

And I would prefer to keep Brozovic, and add guys like Vlasic, Brekalo etc... Sorry, but after this loss, players like Rakitic, Perisic, Kramaric need to be on the bench.

At my eyes, Perisic is trying to do his best, but since the WC final, and all his problems with Inter transfer window, he's unable to play at his best. In eyes, it's easy to see how he's disconnect with himself.

And an other point on our loss, but my little bro remind me how our players joined the pitch very slowly, and by some groups of players for the second half. When Hungary had all his players running together, and motivated for beginning the second half.

As Maradona has said before, the mental, fighting spirit and passion wasn't there. But in other hand was clearly present in opponent heads.

We need to work on it, and find again a strong mentality. Stay as an unit, and fight for each other until the last second, exactly the same that we've done during the WC !
Hey buddy hope all is well, you raise some valid points here. However, as far as Rakitic is concerened maybe he simply "appears better suited to Barcelona's system of play" and guess what when he passes the ball to someone its an amazing talent like Messi, Suarez, Coutinho .... whilst in the NT he and Luka are the stand out talents and there are simply no other players in other positions on that level. As good as Kramaric or Rebic are, they are not Barca-level players.What I mean is maybe Rakitic simply looks a better player for Barca because of the other players around him. LUka on the other hand looks always by far our best and consistent performer especially since captaining the NT.
As for Perisic, he's a funny one, for years our best/most consistent performer he too had a bad start to the WC, but to credit Dalic he stuck with him during the WC campaign and it paid off in the end. Its frustrating to watch a guy with all the attributes he has not doing well.
One thing is for sure its not easy being the NT coach.
Brekalo looks ready to feature more for the NT and Dalic really needs to consider Benkovic as a CD for the near future to partner LOvren possibly. We definitely need fresh, hungry and young players to keep the older ones on their toes.

I also have high hopes for Barisic and Sosa covering our LB position in the near future and Dalic must consider them for a call up soon too.
dalmate likes this.

Last edited by SPURS_LUKA_FAN; March 28th, 2019 at 07:50.

Old March 28th, 2019, 08:02
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
I'm not going to blame Dalic for sticking with the guys who got him to the WC finals. They're still playing at a high level for their clubs so no reason they can't continue it for the NT. All I know is we go through rough patches every qualifiers, usually near the end but for some reason it always happens. I just dont want it to get to the point where Dalic gets fired. The players obviously like him and if they dont want to see him gone they better perform.

In saying all this I would like to see some fresh blood. Brekalo, Vlasic perhaps. But like Suho said making all these changes is not an easy thing to do. In a couple of positions we don't have enough quality depth and in others we have too much. However in saying that the players who would be considered as lower quality depth players are not terrible on paper you'd think. Leovac apparently performed crappy but he's had a good season with Dinamo. Are these guys not good enough to perform vs Hungary, Wales, Slovakia? Not bad teams but not exactly world beaters either. All I want is for whoever is out there to perform 110%. It's easy to see laziness on the pitch.
Ero and dalmate like this.

First EEPL Champion.
Old March 29th, 2019, 01:48
Premier Player

What about a bit of something from left field like playing Perišić up front as an out-and-out attacker?

He was great in the second half of the WC but before and since the WC he's been pretty average in his preferred position. Teams seem to be able to shut him down these days and if you look at his qualities I don't see why he couldn't play up front. He's got pace, he's dangerous with both feet, very good in the air and his workrate is excellent. Krama is a good player but he isn't what we need (at least not as a lone striker) and I'm cooling on Rebić big time. Other options aren't even worth mentioning IMO.

Throw Perišić up front, slot Brekalo into the wide left role and the team has a new look about it. If we stick with the 4-2-3-1 Krama or Rebić can play wide right, maybe even Vlašić. Another option would be playing Vlašić behind Perišić and dropping Modrić deeper (partnering him with Broz, Kova or Rakitić).

In a 4-4-2 we could go with Perišić-Krama up front and have Brekalo and Rebić wide. Same CM combination as above.

Aim is to revitalise our attack and giving the young guys a real opportunity.

Thoughts?
Zelja likes this.
Old March 29th, 2019, 07:32
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Teams: Tottenham - Croatia

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

Old April 2nd, 2019, 08:10
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhoZD View Post
What about a bit of something from left field like playing Perišić up front as an out-and-out attacker?

He was great in the second half of the WC but before and since the WC he's been pretty average in his preferred position. Teams seem to be able to shut him down these days and if you look at his qualities I don't see why he couldn't play up front. He's got pace, he's dangerous with both feet, very good in the air and his workrate is excellent. Krama is a good player but he isn't what we need (at least not as a lone striker) and I'm cooling on Rebić big time. Other options aren't even worth mentioning IMO.

Throw Perišić up front, slot Brekalo into the wide left role and the team has a new look about it. If we stick with the 4-2-3-1 Krama or Rebić can play wide right, maybe even Vlašić. Another option would be playing Vlašić behind Perišić and dropping Modrić deeper (partnering him with Broz, Kova or Rakitić).

In a 4-4-2 we could go with Perišić-Krama up front and have Brekalo and Rebić wide. Same CM combination as above.

Aim is to revitalise our attack and giving the young guys a real opportunity.

Thoughts?
Yeah that would be interesting to see. Never gonna happen though.

First EEPL Champion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in