World Cup 2018 Russia - Semifinal - HRVATSKA v England - July 11th, 2018 - Page 6 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win this World Cup 2018 Russia Semifinal match?
HRVATSKA by 2+ goals 3 15.79%
HRVATSKA by 1 goal 9 47.37%
Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc) 5 26.32%
Scoreless Draw 0 0%
England by 1 goal 1 5.26%
England by 2+ goals 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

465Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:02
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo, Real Madrid, Croatia NT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:04
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
that second Vida video is really no big deal although I do think he's a bit nuts. all he was saying is he's buying rounds when he goes to some kafic called "Beograd Gori", in Ukraine.

the stupid thing is he starts singing some Serbian song!
When he scored in OT, I was thinking back to the Portugal game at the Euros..he had at least 2 great header chances...what could have been had he connected there...but better late than never scoring in a WC QF. His goal had "eyes" as it found its way through the traffic....

I rewatched the penalties a few times vs the Ruskies. His penalty was a thing of beauty, what a shot, completely unstoppable. Very few defenders would have the balls to even take them let alone put them in like that under such extreme pressure as well.
dinamozagreb86, Maradona and cozmo like this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #103 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:12
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Anyone else as nervous as I am heading into this one? Not because of the english but because just what's at stake...

Oh well, my supply of Rolaids is dwindling fast..)
Ero and Grba like this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia

post #104 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:21
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante View Post
Anyone else as nervous as I am heading into this one? Not because of the english but because just what's at stake...

I'll be honest and say that for every game we've played so far, I felt confident. As of right now, there's a lot unknown which is giving me hemorrhoids!

My #1 question is are we spent? do we have the legs for 90 minutes at a high tempo?

I've read comments where people think this is a matter of "catching their breath" while in fact the body needs days to recover from the amount of wear on the muscles and the repair it needs...all that requires rest. recuperating is a big deal, especially with so many games in such a short amount of time....after a 10 month season.
post #105 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:25
Star Player

I'm hoping they've been sleeping in those hyperbaric chambers.
Maradona likes this.
post #106 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:35
International

Teams: Hrvatska, HNK Rijeka
To some of your points, after the Nigeria and Argentina games, I haven’t been anxious or worried with our last few games. Maybe because we’re playing with house money at this point? England is being deemed a favorite for the semifinals here but trying to be as biased as possible, I think it’ll be a pretty even match up. Both keepers have had great tournaments. They have an advantage at forward, we have the advantage in the midfield. They have ‘names’ on the back line, but our boys have punched above their weight with Lovren and Vida being rocks, Vrsajlko being one of the better RB’s of the tournament and Strinic having some good moments.
Ante and Maradona like this.

Još Hrvatska ni propala dok mi živimo,
visoko se bude stala kad ju zbudimo.
Ak je dugo tvrdo spala, jača hoće bit,
ak je sada u snu mala, će se prostranit.

#weare
#youmostlikelyarenot

post #107 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:40
Rising Star

Problems are that vrsaljko won't play. And fifa opened the case again about Vida.
And it changes everything.
post #108 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:55
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Teams: Tottenham - Croatia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
Alcohol results...

Hard to see and hard to hear...

Please guys (our players), let politics at home and play for your country, for your NT and your supporters. Don't act like idiots because FIFA are waiting for you and they'll waiting the right moment for smashing you, and send you at home with huge regrets and particularly us as fans and supporters of Croatia.

We are at the final doors and I don't want to see this kind of things cost us a final place or maybe a trophy...

But one thing is sure, if someone is searching or upload some Video about Vida with alcohol and stupid acts etc... Some people are searching to destabilize us, exactly as the reporters did in Brazil when we saw all these photos with our players all naked in the swimming pool.

We were, we are and we will always be the NT who is not at his place in a competition. We have an history, supporters and players who are clearly not in the FIFA/UEFA desires and politics.

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

Last edited by dalmate; July 10th, 2018 at 17:00.
post #109 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 15:57
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmate View Post
Alcohol results...

Hard to see and hard to hear...

Please guys (our players), let politics at home and play for your country, for your NT and yours supporters. Don't act like idiots because FIFA are waiting for you and they'll waiting the right moment for smashing you, and send you at home with huge regrets and particularly us as fans and supporters of Croatia.

We are at the final doors and I don't want to see this kind of things cost us a final place or maybe a trophy...

But one thing is sure, if someone is searching or upload some Video about Vida with alcohol and stupid acts etc... Some people are searching to destabilize us, exactly as the reporters did in Brazil when we saw all these photos with our players all naked in the swimming pool.

We were, we are and we will always be the NT who is not at his place in a competition. We have an history, supporters and players who are clearly not in the FIFA/UEFA desires and politics.
I agree dalmate, this is an unnecessary distraction.
dalmate likes this.
post #110 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 16:19
Star Player

Teams: CROATIAN NT, NK Zadar, Real Madrid CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ante View Post

Yes.

this is the most nervous I've been for any match in 20 years.

Ante likes this.

"When you have to shoot, shoot ..dont talk." -Tuco

formerly known as croguy
post #111 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 17:16
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Modric vs Kane - These two players have been talked up for France Football's coveted prize, but a lot hinges on what happens on Wednesday.

Before the World Cup kicked off, Mohamed Salah was tipped as the man to shake Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi's Ballon d'Or dominance. Fast forward to today and other names are the front-runners to challenge the Real Madrid and Barcelona icons.

While the hype surrounding Hazard and Mbappe is nothing new, two unlikely candidates are being tipped for the coveted prize. They are Luka Modric and Harry Kane, the key figures in their respective nations' campaign in Russia.

The reason is simple: both Croatia and England have exceeded expectations this summer. None would have predicted these two nations would reach the penultimate stage, with their captain being at the heart of their impressive runs.

Who can forget the Three Lions skipper's brace against Tunisia to earn all three points despite their shaky display? The Tottenham ace then followed up on that game with a hat-trick against Panama before scoring another in the round of 16 clash with Colombia to steal the lead in the Golden Boot race.

And then there is Modric. A goal in the opening day victory over Nigeria was lovely but it pales in comparison to his superb display in the 3-0 thrashing of Argentina. He ran the game from midfield and capped everything off with an exquisite goal.

Talk of either the Englishman or Croat winning the Ballon d'Or would only multiply tenfold should one of them get their hands on the title. Unfortunately, that will likely still not be enough to end the two-horse that the accolade has become.

Eden Hazard even hinted that whatever happens in Russia would probably not matter and since only Modric and Kane cannot both move onto to the final, one – if not both – of these players will kiss goodbye to their Ballon d'Or odds come Wednesday. As a result, these two men will have a little extra to play for in their semi-final encounter.

Winning the World Cup is the main goal. However, being considered for France Football's honorary crown is an honor that only the victor will continue to boast. Both men will thus give it their all for the win.

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

post #112 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 17:18
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Dejan Lovren wants to prove he’s one of the best defenders on the planet when he faces Harry Kane tomorrow.

The Croatian will start at the back for his country as they face England in Moscow for a place in the 2018 World Cup Final.

He’s also likely to come up against Jordan Henderson, his Liverpool team-mate, but a direct battle with Kane, England’s centre-forward, could define the result.

Lovren has told the Guardian that he’s more than up for the challenge:

“He deserves every credit he gets. The last few seasons he has always scored more than 25 goals. He is one of the best strikers in the world but I like to challenge these strikers and to show to everyone that I am one of the best defenders.”

One of the worst days of Lovren’s professional career came against Kane and Tottenham at Wembley back in 2017, where Jurgen Klopp inexplicably hauled him off after 31 minutes following two nightmare errors.

He’ll be looking for some personal revenge, and to prove to millions of English supporters who regard him as a weak link that he’s up to the job.

We still want England and Henderson to progress, but hope Lovren does himself proud.

COYS!

post #113 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 17:19
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

England star Dele Alli has revealed he would love to get one over Luka Modric again in Wednesday’s World Cup semi-final, having left the Croatia captain red faced before he’d even made his competitive debut for Tottenham.

The Three Lions have got the nation believing again after reaching the World Cup semi-finals for the first time since 1990, with the country falling in love with Gareth Southgate and his band of likeable, down-to-earth and true-to-their-roots stars.

Newspapers have been strewn with stories about the meteoric rises of the likes of Harry Maguire, Jamie Vardy and even boss Southgate – who has gone from the man nobody wanted to the most popular England boss since Terry Venables.

But Alli, maybe due to his early injury and few rusty performances since, has flown under the radar.

Such is the Tottenham’s midfielder’s fame in the English game that you would be forgiven for forgetting he only made his Premier League debut three years ago.

The Ł5million signing from MK Dons took the top flight in his stride and quickly become a star for Spurs when he arrived in 2015.

But fans got a taste of his skill – and cheekiness – before he had even made a Premier League appearance when he was faced with taking on European champions Real Madrid in a pre-season friendly.

That didn’t seem to faze the then-19-year-old either, though – as Modric well knows, as Dele dinked a sly nutmeg between his legs.

And, ahead of Wednesday’s semi-final in Moscow, the England man recalled the incident which saw Modric brand him ‘a little bugger’.

“I remember it… he said something,” Alli recalled with a smile.

“I always enjoy a good nutmeg. I didn’t shout ‘megs’. I have never done that, even in training. Some people when they nutmeg someone, they call it, but it’s never been something I’ve done.”

Asked if a repeat performance was on the cards, he said: “Nutmeg him? Hopefully! But I’m not going to focus on that.”

COYS!

post #114 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 17:20
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Harry Redknapp has warned England they will face their toughest test of their World Cup run yet when they play Croatia in their semi-final clash on Wednesday.

The Three Lions have completely surpassed the country’s expectations by getting this far in Russia, and they now have a chance to become the first England team since 1966 to reach a World Cup final.

Only Croatia stand in their way – but they have been one of the most impressive teams at the tournament so far.

While their previous two results – back-to-back penalty shoot-out wins over Denmark and Russia – have made many England fans confident, they would do well to remember their brilliant form in the group stages, where they won all three games, including a brilliant victory over Argentina.

And Redknapp, who coached Croatia stars Luka Modric, Vedran Corluka and Niko Kranjcar during his spell in charge at Tottenham Hotspur, says England will face one of the world’s most cohesive units when they meet at Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium.

Speaking on Tuesday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, the former Spurs boss said: “Croatia have got a togetherness about them, that’s what makes them special.

“It’s a small country but I’ve managed a lot of Croatian players and they’ve all been great lads, they’ve got a real bond between them.

“Modric is a fantastic player, it was a pleasure to work with him for four years, he’s an amazing player and a great guy. Low maintenance, never a problem. He just came in every day, trained great and fantastic to watch on the training ground. He’s a model professional and an absolutely top-class player.

“They are a dangerous team, they can play. They keep the ball and they’ve got quality. In midfield they are top-class.

“It’s going to be a tough game for England.”
Ante likes this.

COYS!

post #115 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 17:44
Legend

Another Brozovic masterclass come your way.

In regards to Perisic, he started the season so well but then from wk 12/13 onwards he has played pretty much like we have seen in this World Cup, always generous but he cant seem to make those lung busting runs he used to do or power his way past his opponent and its a shame as that was what made a really good player, right now he's a shadow of the player he's was for the past 3 years. I don't think we'll see too much of that Perisic again.
Maradona likes this.
post #116 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 18:07
Ero
BARRED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmate View Post

Of course they are, the leftist establishment and their private PR firm otherwise known as the MSM are on life support, desperate to destroy anything of value and any national pride, to taint it all and smear everyone, to shape public opinion in service of their puppetmasters who live like kings at our kids expense.

It's blatantly evident to all but the ignorant, the deluded and the complicit.
Maradona likes this.
post #117 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 18:54
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy-man View Post
Another Brozovic masterclass come your way.

In regards to Perisic, he started the season so well but then from wk 12/13 onwards he has played pretty much like we have seen in this World Cup, always generous but he cant seem to make those lung busting runs he used to do or power his way past his opponent and its a shame as that was what made a really good player, right now he's a shadow of the player he's was for the past 3 years. I don't think we'll see too much of that Perisic again.
in my opinion, I felt his form for our National Team dropped last June in the game before the Summer break. I might be wrong but I got the impression he was affected by all the nonsense going on with the team vs some of the fans. His form dipped drastically and he was the cause of a goal that was taken on a corner kick when we played Iceland. That was the first game I noticed he was barely going through the motions and he's had some decent glimpses since then, but nothing consistent!
Ero and Ante like this.
post #118 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 19:57
Rookie

Teams: croatia
So guys, when is FIFA going to make a decision on Vida... Today? After the England game?
post #119 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 21:41
Rising Star

Vrsaljko and subasic trained today. But Rebic did not.
post #120 of 285 (permalink) Old July 10th, 2018, 22:16
Ero
BARRED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Rebić is on a special regiment for preventative reasons they said. Still don't know if Vrsaljko will be fit, for even a half if needed.

AJMOOOO!!!!

Tags
croatia , england , hrvatska , semifinal , world cup 2018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in