World Cup 2018 Russia - Semifinal - HRVATSKA v England - July 11th, 2018 - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win this World Cup 2018 Russia Semifinal match?
HRVATSKA by 2+ goals 3 15.79%
HRVATSKA by 1 goal 9 47.37%
Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc) 5 26.32%
Scoreless Draw 0 0%
England by 1 goal 1 5.26%
England by 2+ goals 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

467Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 10:37
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Teams: Tottenham - Croatia
Apparently Vrsaljko is out...

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 11:43
Star Player

Teams: CROATIAN NT, NK Zadar, Real Madrid CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmate View Post
Apparently Vrsaljko is out...
Yeah, i did not think he would recover in time for this match.
and even if the injury is not serious, Id rather have a fit defender playing in this match.

I think we might see Corluka starting this match.
dalmate likes this.

"When you have to shoot, shoot ..dont talk." -Tuco

formerly known as croguy
post #23 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 11:51
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
Damn it. I guess Corluka and Lovren will partner up and Vida will be moved to RB. The only good thing here is it gives us an additional player who can clear set pieces, which brings me to my next point. England love their set pieces. Please for the love of God defend them well. I dont care how tired you are. Put yourself in front of someone, bother them, just dont let them have a free go like the second goal we conceded vs Russia.
Tuco Ramirez and dalmate like this.

First EEPL Champion.

post #24 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 12:13
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Vrsaljko loss still a bad news for us against England but Vida played few times as fullback in his career and I really think that he will be a good add on the right flank. Don't forget how the Russians have conceded the Vida goal on corner. This corner came from a run and a pass from Vida in the box when he played in Vrsaljko place.

I truly believe that a player can be awesome/epic in an another position, only if the player is really determinated to win and give all his energy on the pitch. And Vida is this kind of player. He's not the best player in the world but, one thing is always present in this guy, this is his huge passion for football and his country !

And as DZ has said just before, Corluka presence will be really important on England set pieces.

Now, if we're playing with Vida as RB, we need a guy front of him, who's able to help him by a good cover. And if Perisic is present in our line-up against England, he'll be obligated to move his ass and give all because I don't want to see again a Perisic out form or half concerned by the defensive aspect etc...

Because, yes I trust in Vida strenghts and passion but if we start the game with Strinic and Vida on the wings, Perisic MUST to be ready to help, defend, cover, run, move !

I don't want to see our boys losing this match only by the lack of effort from Perisic. He need to take example on Rebic ! The kid give simply all his energy in every single move or replacement, and I really want to see that from Perisic.

As I said in my previous post, we need to play as an unit offensively and defensively. And our wingers Perisic and Rebic must to be ready and in good form if we want to win this game, because the England weakness is there when they're losing the ball. They're playing very high and Young/Trippier are playing very nearly of the sideline.

We need to be lethal on our counter, this will be the key ! It's over the strike on the post... This is a Semi-Final !

If after 45 mins Perisic is shity again, I want to see Dalic drop him at the half time for Pjaca.

Actually up front, we have Mandzukic and Rebic who are working for 3 or 4 players with their intensives runs/pressing/calls. When in the same time Perisic is totally nowhere...

If you want to broke this negative feeling around you and show at everybody how good you are. This is your time Ivan. AJMO !

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

Last edited by dalmate; July 9th, 2018 at 12:19.
post #25 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 12:16
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamozagreb86 View Post
Damn it. I guess Corluka and Lovren will partner up and Vida will be moved to RB. The only good thing here is it gives us an additional player who can clear set pieces, which brings me to my next point. England love their set pieces. Please for the love of God defend them well. I dont care how tired you are. Put yourself in front of someone, bother them, just dont let them have a free go like the second goal we conceded vs Russia.
I agree dz86.

Do you think that he would start Pivaric in this match ?

I feel we might even see Badelj...?

we need fresh legs

formerly known as croguy
post #26 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 12:19
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Corluka as an added body to defend their aerial strength might turn out to be a blessing in disguise...though if we make the final, am hoping Sime is back...

The key to this game for me is Perisic. He must attack one on one and show some interest.

We know what we will get in Luka and Rakitic, that's a given and no doubt the english will be marking them closely.

And does Mandzo have enough left in the tank to take on those meatheads at the back for england, in stones and macquire? I think so, but you know Mandzo was dying last game....

This will be a great one.
dalmate, Nepoznat and Maradona like this.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #27 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 12:22
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmate View Post
Vrsaljko loss still a bad news for us against England but Vida played few times as fullback in his career and I really think that he will be a good add on the right flank. Don't forget how the Russians have conceded the Vida goal on corner. This corner came from a run and a pass from Vida in the box when he played in Vrsaljko place.

I truly believe that a player can be awesome/epic in an another position, only if the player is really determinated to win and give all his energy on the pitch. And Vida is this kind of player. He's not the best player in the world but, one thing is always present in this guy, this is his huge passion for football and his country !

And as DZ has said just before, Corluka presence will be really important on England set pieces.

Now, if we're playing with Vida as RB, we need a guy front of him, who's able to help him by a good cover. And if Perisic is present in our line-up against England, he'll be obligated to move his ass and give all because I don't want to see again a Perisic out form or half concerned by the defensive aspect etc...

Because, yes I trust in Vida strenghts and passion but if we start the game with Strinic and Vida on the wings, Perisic MUST to be ready to help, defend, cover, run, move !

I don't want to see our boys losing this match only by the lack of effort from Perisic. He need to take example on Rebic ! The kid give simply all his energy in every single move or replacement, and I really want to see that from Perisic.

As I said in my previous post, we need to play as an unit offensively and defensively. And our wingers Perisic and Rebic must to be ready and in good form if we want to win this game, because the England weakness is there when they're losing the ball. They're playing very high and Young/Trippier are playing very nearly of the sideline.

We need to be lethal, this is the key ! It's over the strike on the post... This is a Semi-Final !

If after 45 mins Perisic is shity again, I want to see Dalic drop him at the half time for Pjaca.

Actually up front, we have Mandzukic and Rebic who are working for 3 or 4 players with their intensives runs/pressing/calls. When in the same time Perisic is totally nowhere...

This is your time Ivan. If you want to broke this negative feeling around you and show at everybody how good you are. AJMO !
Well said Dalmate.
This match has to be Perisics finest hour. For the life of me , I cannot understand what is going with him ? Is it because Strinic is so terrible, he is coming back to defend all the time?
But, he was subbed out twice! He is simply lacking that spark he used to have!
dalmate likes this.

formerly known as croguy
post #28 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 12:35
dinamo67
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco Ramirez View Post
I agree dz86.

Do you think that he would start Pivaric in this match ?

I feel we might even see Badelj...?

we need fresh legs
Badelj was impressive vs Iceland, so it's possible we might see him off the bench. I think Brozovic will start instead of Kramaric. Seems like Dalic often switches to one or the other depending on the opponent. Allow Modric become a threat offensively while Brozovic takes care of the defensive duties.

Win ugly I dont care, just win it. Especially against the cocky English.
dalmate likes this.

First EEPL Champion.
post #29 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 12:49
Star Player

mandzukic

perisic modric rakitic rebic

brozovic

strinic corluka lovren vida

is what we will probably see.

thinking back to my earlier post, maybe strinic is terrible because of perisic??? meaning, he doesn't come back to defend and leaves strinic to fend for himself?? I have to re-watch the games, but I believe against Nigeria we saw an OK Perisic, thus an OK Strinic as well. (or maybe the opposition was weaker.)

But as dz86 said, a win is a win. If its ugly , ill take it as well.
dinamozagreb86 and Nepoznat like this.

formerly known as croguy
post #30 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 13:02
International

Teams: Cro NT, NY Islanders, USA NT, Notre Dame
Not the end of the world with Vida at RB. They’re so dangerous on set pieces another defender should help.

Perisic is the key. The man is bound to play a good game this tournament!
post #31 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 13:15
dinamo67
World Class Player

For some reason Perisic is afraid to do what he usually loves to do and is good at which is take on defenders, cut in and shoot or put in a cross. It's come at very small snippets but man 2014-2016 Perisic would be bloody great to have right now. And on the other side we have Rebic rag-dolling the opposing defenders.

Maybe Perisic is helping alot on defence and using his energy on that, however it is strange that he was capable of running like crazy for 90 minutes not too long ago. Why the sudden change? Maybe someone should ask Dalic what the problem is.

First EEPL Champion.
post #32 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 13:32
Rising Star

Is there a danger of Perisic actually being dropped & playing a front 3 of Mandzo, Krama & Rebic? Is Dalic seeing any signs of the old Perisic in training to give him the starting spot or does he save him for a run later in the game against tired legs?

I think he will stick with the team as per Tudja's post, the only thing maybe saving Perisic is that Kramaric hasn't been in irresistible form either.
post #33 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 13:37
Star Player

Teams: Hrvatska repka
Vida won't attack from deep the way Vrsaljko does, and with Strinic on the opposite side, we'll have two defensively minded full backs which I think is limiting. Begs the question, does Dalic start with Pivaric or does he go with a more conservative approach given how strong England is down their right hand side?
post #34 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 13:54
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
Vida won't attack from deep the way Vrsaljko does, and with Strinic on the opposite side, we'll have two defensively minded full backs which I think is limiting. Begs the question, does Dalic start with Pivaric or does he go with a more conservative approach given how strong England is down their right hand side?
good point Sulla,

we also might see:

vida lovren corluka pivaric

in the back.

But as Zelja stated, we might see Perisic come off the bench if needed! I wouldnt put it pass Dalic to do this.

formerly known as croguy
post #35 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 14:05
Rising Star

Thinking about this some more, I am very hesitant about breaking up the Vida-Lovren partnership that's done pretty well so far. With Charlie we gain additional strength in the air, calmness & would be better playing out from the but probably can't play a higher line. Also as Sulla said, Vida is limited going forward which will affect the wingers in front of him. Real left field solution: play Kovacic at right back. Crazy?
post #36 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 15:12
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelja View Post
Thinking about this some more, I am very hesitant about breaking up the Vida-Lovren partnership that's done pretty well so far. With Charlie we gain additional strength in the air, calmness & would be better playing out from the but probably can't play a higher line. Also as Sulla said, Vida is limited going forward which will affect the wingers in front of him. Real left field solution: play Kovacic at right back. Crazy?
Perisic?

Yeah, that is not crazy at all to try an another type of player in this position, like Kovacic, Brozovic, Badelj or maybe Jedvaj with a fully training ahead of the clash against England. Exactly as Zidane has done with Real Madrid and Lucas Vasquez in Carvajal replacement for the RB position during a CL match.

But this choice is 50/50, this one could be a miracle or a total disaster.

And as you said, break the partnership between Vida-Lovren could be delicate to play with. And Charlie needs time, because he needs to find his role and his positioning in this team.

COYS!

post #37 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 15:16
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo, Real Madrid, Croatia NT
I've told many people that "we go as Perisic goes" and up until now we really didn't use much of his service since he's not been his usual self in a long time. I honestly believe he can be the difference for us and provide a huge life-line in a game where it appears as if we are gonna be somewhat fatigued (I hope I'm wrong) and have to deal with some injuries.
dalmate likes this.
post #38 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 15:27
Rising Star

Vrsaljko is out till the end or he would be back if we reach the final?
post #39 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 15:31
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoDalma View Post
Vrsaljko is out till the end or he would be back if we reach the final?
He had his medical tests in the afternoon, we'll know the final result maybe later in the day or tomorrow. We will see !

COYS!

post #40 of 285 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2018, 15:34
Rising Star

This is a huge blow for us knowing the english wingers speed....against Senegal without him we were weak.

Tags
croatia , england , hrvatska , semifinal , world cup 2018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in