World Cup 2018 Russia - Group D - Game 3 - Iceland v HRVATSKA - June 25th, 2018 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win this World Cup 2018 Russia Group D match?
Iceland by 1 goal 1 8.33%
Scoreless Draw 1 8.33%
Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc) 2 16.67%
HRVATSKA by 1 goal 3 25.00%
HRVATSKA by 2 goals 5 41.67%
HRVATSKA by 3+ goals 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 144 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2018, 16:15 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Croatia! Bayern, Madrid, Inter, Rijeka, Bari
World Cup 2018 Russia - Group D - Game 3 - Iceland v HRVATSKA - June 25th, 2018

vs.

June 26th, 2018 - 20:00 CET (14:00 EDT)

Rostov Arena, Rostov-on-Don (Capacity 43,472)

Squad:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 144 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2018, 22:48
Star Player

Teams: Croatia NT, Dinamo
Ante likes this.

Well you just need something to fill the void that's left in your life. Lois has her knitting, Chris has his video games, Meg's learning how to drive, and me, I like the sauce…
post #3 of 144 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2018, 22:53
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Basically we have won the group so this will be a stress free match...and any line up we put out there should be enough vs Iceland.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia

post #4 of 144 (permalink) Old June 22nd, 2018, 23:33
Ero
BARRED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
I'd rather keep the skeleton of the team intact, rest the carded players and make timely subs.

We've played B squads before when qualified, against Spain and Poland at Euros winning both, but we went on to lose our next A squad games. The reserve squad his can break down the momentum created from the first two games, I have a hunch Dalić will not make many changes, especially in defense.

But then again, when you have a deep bench of the quality of Croatia...tough decisions to be made.
post #5 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 01:00
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
if you plan to go far then you should rest your key players if there's a chance for it

this energy saved might become very useful later on

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 01:03
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Inter; Stoke
Rostov... classic WWII location.

Not bigotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze da Fiel View Post
Ive probably been the poster with most number of heated discussions in this board over the years.... and I can assure you I won at least 90% of them.
dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghat ka
post #7 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 01:14
dinamo67
World Class Player

Teams: Sydney United, Dinamo Zagreb, Croatia NT
A no stress game. Love it.

I would like to see a few changes, we have the quality to beat Iceland with any team. I'm not sure if Iceland have a chance to come second but if they do they'll probably go all out, and I wouldn't want to risk an injury to our starters.

First EEPL Champion.
post #8 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 01:15
Rising Star

10 days without a game for the players is a lot...i think we should bring a mixed team and the players having a yellow card should go easy in this game. Just to keep the rythm.
SPURS_LUKA_FAN likes this.
post #9 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 01:33
Rising Star

Rebic is injured it seems...
post #10 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 03:40
Rising Star

I would not play any of the guys with yellow cards or Modric.
10Boban10 likes this.
post #11 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 03:43
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoDalma View Post
Rebic is injured it seems...
Apparently got hurt when he made that nice dribble around the Argentine defender before getting hacked down. Doctors say he will be fine but Rebic says he can't put weight on his leg right now. Hopefully he will be ok for the round of 16 game.
post #12 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 03:48
Star Player

Teams: Hrvatska repka
The boys who haven’t featured will be chomping at the bits to play. I hope he rests most of the regular starters.
post #13 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 06:52
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero View Post
I'd rather keep the skeleton of the team intact, rest the carded players and make timely subs.

We've played B squads before when qualified, against Spain and Poland at Euros winning both, but we went on to lose our next A squad games. The reserve squad his can break down the momentum created from the first two games, I have a hunch Dalić will not make many changes, especially in defense.

But then again, when you have a deep bench of the quality of Croatia...tough decisions to be made.
I agree Ero, the SPINE of the team must stay intact, protect the players on cards, but by changing the whole team we are making a mistake of losing that battling momentum until the next round match, the players have to much time to relax, they get out of combat mode and therefore are not able to reach 100% competitiveness when they really need it, the next round of 16 against TEAMS THAT MIGHT HAVE FOUGHT FOR SURVIVAL FOR EVERY GAME UP TO THAT POINT (Portugal 2016?!) Why do this again when it clearly did not work at the Euro's? FFS. BY the way, ICELAND got still something to play for, its disrespectful not to acknowledge that - I really don't like the mentality - "dobili smo 2 utakmice - najbolji smo ... lako cemo" - that kind of thinking and Balkan mentality got us NOWHERE in the PAST, Germany, ITaly BRazil et.c simply don't do this.

IF ANYONE HERE BELIEVES FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT REST AND RECUPERATION THEY CLEARLY DON'T UNDERSTAND TOURNAMENT FOOTBALL, TO GIVE PLAYER'S REST FOR 10 DAYS UNTIL THE NEXT MATCH, THEY GET INTO A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HEADSPACE, I PLEAD WITH MR DALIC NOT TO REPEAT THE MISTAKES WE MADE IN THE PAST DURING TOURNAMENTS! I know its good for the "morale of the team" to give the other guys a game - but its detrimental to our momentum -what's more important to keep everyone happy - or actually GO AND WIN THIS WC? Nobody has impressed me yet, no other team out there is unbeatable-this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and must not be squandered.

At least let Vida-LOvren and Strinic "bed in" and add Jedvaj to the mix, my worry if this lineup up there is to be believed is that we will play Bradaric in a whole WC match, come on Iceland aren't mugs, yes they lost v Nigeria yesterday, but the team went further than us in the Euro's and kicked England out, anyone here thinking "lako cemo sa njima" is sadly delusional. They are not easy to play as we've seen during the WC qualifications, yes they lack flair and quality, but they make this up with combatitiveness and organization. We must not play a B-team. At least mix it up a bit. Marko ROG would have been an ideal player for this match, Bradaric and Badelj are to lethargic to protect Kovacic's more advanced role, but hey what do I know?! We obviously want to rest LUka and Raketa, Broz can't play so we got to play the players we got, what if one of the mid fielders gets injured?

....sorry about the rant, might seem a bit over the top but I really think if this lineup above is to be believed is a big mistake, not because they are not able to get a result, they are, but the aforementioned loss of momentum for the first team players ....
Ero likes this.

Last edited by SPURS_LUKA_FAN; June 23rd, 2018 at 07:38.
post #14 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:28
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamozagreb86 View Post
A no stress game. Love it.

I would like to see a few changes, we have the quality to beat Iceland with any team. I'm not sure if Iceland have a chance to come second but if they do they'll probably go all out, and I wouldn't want to risk an injury to our starters.
An Iceland win potentially takes them through to the next round as long as they have a better goal difference than the other second best team who could be Nigeria or Argentina, these guys got EVERYTHING TO PLAY FOR ... nema labavo DZ86

Last edited by SPURS_LUKA_FAN; June 23rd, 2018 at 07:35.
post #15 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:48
Star Player

Teams: HAJDUK/FCB
4:0 Kramarić sva četiri
ForzaFiume and 10Boban10 like this.

REPUBLIC OF TORCIDA
SPECIAL HIGH OUTPUT
post #16 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:54
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by majstor View Post
4:0 Kramarić sva četiri
post #17 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 08:50
Star Player

I hear you SLF but we have to plan for getting to the last four. Momentum is important but what’s the point if you run out of steam later in the tournament? And you also have to appreciate that the yellows don’t get wiped till the semi’s.

With good management, I think we can get maximum benefit from the opportunity that we’ve earned.
post #18 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 08:52
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
I hear you SLF but we have to plan for getting to the last four. Momentum is important but what’s the point if you run out of steam later in the tournament? And you also have to appreciate that the yellows don’t get wiped till the semi’s.

With good management, I think we can get maximum benefit from the opportunity that we’ve earned.
Sulla ...why would we run out of steam later, aren't the other teams playing the same amount of games and get the same amount of rest? We have used this tactic and I really think it didn't help us in the game v Portugal, we lacked edge in that game, with that edge Portugal were there for the taking!

As for the management that's all good and well, but these players are used to playe games every 4-7 days, sometimes 2 in a week, so not playing for 10 days could be a problem ... I would minimize problems if we can, but again maybe I'm wrong ... . Physical rest is obviously one aspect, but the mental side of not being in competetive mode for that long could have a negative effect, we are not German's in mentality, I'm just basing this on the understanding of our people and mentality.
post #19 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 09:04
Star Player

I think it’s a stretch to conclude that we’ll lose our edge simply because of what happened in ‘08 and ‘16. Each game coming will be a final and every advantage you can take should be exploited to the fullest IMO.

In any event, Dalic is surrounded by experienced people who will know what and how the players will be feeling. I’m confident that he’ll do what’s best.
post #20 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 10:32
Rising Star

Just rest all the players on yellows.

Jedvaj for Vrsaljko
Badelj for Brozovic who's suspended anyway
Kovacic for Rakitic and bring Rakitic (or Bradaric) on in the 2nd half to rest Modric
Pjaca for Rebic
Kramaric for Mandzukic

3:0

Tags
group d , hrvatska , iceland , world cup 2018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in