World Cup 2018 Russia - Group D - Game 3 - Iceland v HRVATSKA - June 25th, 2018 - Page 2 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win this World Cup 2018 Russia Group D match?
Iceland by 1 goal 1 8.33%
Scoreless Draw 1 8.33%
Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc) 2 16.67%
HRVATSKA by 1 goal 3 25.00%
HRVATSKA by 2 goals 5 41.67%
HRVATSKA by 3+ goals 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:49
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
I think it’s a stretch to conclude that we’ll lose our edge simply because of what happened in ‘08 and ‘16. Each game coming will be a final and every advantage you can take should be exploited to the fullest IMO.

In any event, Dalic is surrounded by experienced people who will know what and how the players will be feeling. I’m confident that he’ll do what’s best.
...mate but there is a pattern there, surely when one takes analytics into consideration all aspects are important, I would definitely not repeat that strategy again if it was detrimental twice before to THIS generation of players ... rest a few but not the whole lineup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:50
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boban10 View Post
Just rest all the players on yellows.

Jedvaj for Vrsaljko
Badelj for Brozovic who's suspended anyway
Kovacic for Rakitic and bring Rakitic (or Bradaric) on in the 2nd half to rest Modric
Pjaca for Rebic
Kramaric for Mandzukic

3:0
post #23 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 12:47
Star Player

Teams: Croatia NT, Dinamo
Ante likes this.

Well you just need something to fill the void that's left in your life. Lois has her knitting, Chris has his video games, Meg's learning how to drive, and me, I like the sauce…

post #24 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 12:48
Star Player

Ero and Ante like this.

Well you just need something to fill the void that's left in your life. Lois has her knitting, Chris has his video games, Meg's learning how to drive, and me, I like the sauce…
post #25 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 12:49
Star Player

Ante likes this.

post #26 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 14:00 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Croatia! Bayern, Madrid, Inter, Rijeka, Bari
I am so happy that the boys are finally gelled and playing as a team rather than individuals! All the facebook/twitter posts have #family and everyone happy to be with each other (except Kalinić of course), and on the pitch the communication and switching of places/roles or covering each other has been great to see. For me it seems like it was like this in 96 & 98, and then again in 2008 but not really since, not to the same degree anyways

IDEMO HRVATSKA!!!!!!!
pivorakija likes this.
post #27 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 14:22
Star Player

Teams: CROATIAN NT, NK Zadar, Real Madrid CF
what do you guys think of the rumored lineup ? :

Kalinic
jedvaj - corluka - caleta-car - pivaric
bradaric - badelj
pjaca - kovacic - perisic
kramaric

ive been having this discussion at work. do you play "your team" and keep them in form ?
Or prepare your bench players for the later rounds and not have them come in cold when needed.

Both seem to have good arguments.

Sorry, just read the first page of this thread.
I agree with ero and SLF. I think the core of the team should play.
right now the core at least is:

vrslajko - Lovren - Vida - strinic
Modric - Perisic
mandzukic

yellow cards do scare me for the next round...

dont know what to think really...
10Boban10 likes this.

"When you have to shoot, shoot ..dont talk." -Tuco

formerly known as croguy

Last edited by Tuco Ramirez; June 23rd, 2018 at 15:52.
post #28 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 15:43
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco Ramirez View Post

Kalinic
bradaric - badelj
kramaric

ive been having this discussion at work. do you play "your team" and keep them in form ?
Or prepare your bench players for the later rounds and not have them come in cold when needed.

Lovren - Vida - strinic
Modric - Perisic
mandzukic

I think we should have taken Rog instead of Bradaric.

post #29 of 144 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2018, 16:40
Star Player

"Imamo energije, vjerujemo u sebe i došlo je vrijeme da odrastemo i napravimo korak više. Više nije dovoljno pobijediti Španjolsku ili Argentinu. Nije bilo velikog slavlja nakon pobjede protiv Argentine, mislimo na Island i drugu fazu."

- Vedran Ćorluka

Exactly!!!!!! Stay focused, one game at a time!!
Ante, ForzaFiume, Zelja and 2 others like this.

post #30 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 00:28
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco Ramirez View Post

Kalinic
bradaric - badelj
kramaric

vrslajko - Lovren - Vida - strinic
Modric - Perisic
mandzukic

Have absolutely no problems with that B team lineup. I'm not buying this form continuation business. Our guys are professionals in their prime who have played together for close to a decade now plus they're coming off long seasons with their clubs. They need all the rest they can get especially if we want to go far. Also let's not forget Iceland has everything to play for. It's going to be a tough and physical match so why should we risk injuries to key players when our B team is more than capable of beating Iceland.
dalmate likes this.
post #31 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 01:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
24sata reports it will be a mixed team, basically the guys on yellows + Rebic will not play but players like Vida, Perisic and to a lesser extent Kramaric will retain their starting spots. Its possible even Vida sits for Caleta-Car but this looks likely the lineup, doubt Modric plays but 24sata says its a possibility rather than Bradaric

Kalinic
Jedvaj-Corluka-Vida-Pivaric
Kovacic-Badelj-Bradaric
Pjaca-Kramaric-Perisic
dalmate likes this.
post #32 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 06:07
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Teams: Tottenham - Croatia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
24sata reports it will be a mixed team, basically the guys on yellows + Rebic will not play but players like Vida, Perisic and to a lesser extent Kramaric will retain their starting spots. Its possible even Vida sits for Caleta-Car but this looks likely the lineup, doubt Modric plays but 24sata says its a possibility rather than Bradaric

Kalinic
Kovacic-Badelj-Bradaric
Pjaca-Kramaric-Perisic
Our B team looks very good and strong ! I'm really excited to see what they can do !!

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

post #33 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 07:01
World Class Player

Quote:
Have absolutely no problems with that B team lineup. I'm not buying this form continuation business. Our guys are professionals in their prime who have played together for close to a decade now plus they're coming off long seasons with their clubs. They need all the rest they can get especially if we want to go far. Also let's not forget Iceland has everything to play for. It's going to be a tough and physical match so why should we risk injuries to key players when our B team is more than capable of beating Iceland.
.... check out the final paragraph in Slaven Bilic interview in today's online SN ....

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/rusija2...-samo/7515408/

Gdje možemo? Eto, to je ona euforija koju smatram negativnom. Ima toliko pozitive iz ova dva dvoboja, pogotovo s Argentinom i možemo o tome pričati euforično ali samo u kontekstu idućeg izazova koji se zove Island.

Galamiti kako smo sada sposobni za tko zna što samo je šteta. Kalkulirati? Nisam pametan sto se tog tiče. Podsjetit ću, na EP-u 2008, uz nas su prolaz nakon druge utakmice grupe ostvarili Nizozemska i Portugal. No, u polufinale su nakon toga išli Turska, Rusija i Njemačka koje su treću utakmicu morale igrati za plasman u četvrtfinale, i nisu odmarali igrače. Je li to slučajnost ili nije ne znam, ali je dobro imati na umu.
post #34 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 07:37
Premier Player

I like the line up if Modrić plays...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
post #35 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 07:55
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhoZD View Post
I like the line up if Modrić plays...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
LOL ! The people all around the world like a line-up with Modric

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

post #36 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 08:02
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post

Kalinic
Kovacic-Badelj-Bradaric
Pjaca-Kramaric-Perisic
.... maybe keep Strinic in the LB position too ...
post #37 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 08:13
World Class Player

Ljudi moji ..... iskustvo dosad kaže.. svaki put kad smo poslje prva dvije utakmice osigurali prolaz dalje ,i u trećoj utakmici skupne faze išli odmarati najbolje igrali sa rezervistima /Portugal ep 1996,Poljska ep 2008,Španjolska ep 2016/ u sljedećoj utakmici bila je eliminacija /Njemačka,Turska,Portugal/.Jedino na sp 1998 kad smo osigurali prolaz dalje .u srazu sa Argetinom,Ćiro nije puno mjenjao /opecen iskustvom sa ep 1996/.Kontra gaučosa u Bordeauxu igrali su :,Ladić,Marić/Valović/,Jarni,Šimić,Soldo,Bilić,Asanović,Prosinečki/Štimac/,Šuker,Boban,Stanić..dakle kod najboljih/najuspesnijih vatreni,nije bilo odmaranja .....
post #38 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 10:06
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURS_LUKA_FAN View Post
Ljudi moji ..... iskustvo dosad kaže.. svaki put kad smo poslje prva dvije utakmice osigurali prolaz dalje ,i u trećoj utakmici skupne faze išli odmarati najbolje igrali sa rezervistima /Portugal ep 1996,Poljska ep 2008,Španjolska ep 2016/ u sljedećoj utakmici bila je eliminacija /Njemačka,Turska,Portugal/.Jedino na sp 1998 kad smo osigurali prolaz dalje .u srazu sa Argetinom,Ćiro nije puno mjenjao /opecen iskustvom sa ep 1996/.Kontra gaučosa u Bordeauxu igrali su :,Ladić,Marić/Valović/,Jarni,Šimić,Soldo,Bilić,Asanović,Prosinečki/Štimac/,Šuker,Boban,Stanić..dakle kod najboljih/najuspesnijih vatreni,nije bilo odmaranja .....
Just down to dumb luck if you ask me. I'd rather not risk injury to someone like Modric especially against an Iceland team who have everything to play for.
Ante, dalmate and pivorakija like this.
post #39 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 10:45
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Quote:
Just down to dumb luck if you ask me. I'd rather not risk injury to someone like Modric especially against an Iceland team who have everything to play for.
I totally agree ! Plus in 2008, Turkey and Russia didn't have a player like Modric who has played a CL final, with an intense regularity/presence inside the Real Madrid team.

Modric had a tough season and he had some little injuries during this same season. I really think that it would be stupid to lost him against an Iceland team who will be aggressive in the duels because they want to qualify at all prices.

A mixed team is the better way to approach this match and yes, I really think that our best players need to be rested. And now, with the Kalinic absence, we need to be smart with our strikers because, a simple injury for Mandzukic or Kramaric, and it would be a disaster !

Look at Rebic who had a knock with Mercado... I couldn't imagine a match without him, he's really important for our impact on the wings !

Ok, we have a good B team but on this bench, there is not many solutions if we have an injury.

The better example is how Kovacic took the Perisic place in the end of the match against Argentina. Our chance is to have some players who are able to play in some different positions on the pitch. But this is too risky to play with our best players, for example look at Kramaric, he's the only sub for Mandzukic, but he's also the only sub with Pjaca for the Rebic and Perisic position.

The win is important against Iceland but at my eyes, this is clearly too risky for some players to play this match.

We need a team who is fully fit.
Ante and pivorakija like this.

COYS!

Last edited by dalmate; June 24th, 2018 at 11:17.
post #40 of 144 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2018, 12:49
Ero
BARRED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Quote:
Originally Posted by majstor View Post
4:0 Kramarić sva četiri
Mora podić formu, bio je jako loš protiv Argentine, 4 puta zaredom izgubio loptu zbog glupih odluka.

Tags
group d , hrvatska , iceland , world cup 2018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in