World Cup 2018 Russia - Group D - Game 2 - Argentina v HRVATSKA - June 21st, 2018 - Page 4 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Who will win this World Cup 2018 Russia Group D match?
Argentina by 2+ goals 3 15.79%
Argentina by 1 goal 3 15.79%
Draw with goals (1-1, 2-2, etc) 3 15.79%
Scoreless Draw 3 15.79%
HRVATSKA by 1 goal 5 26.32%
HRVATSKA by 2+ goals 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

366Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 332 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2018, 23:27
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Missi will mess 2 pk

Modric and Rakitic will score for Hrvatska

easy 2-0 win for us

you pessimistic bunch

Argentina are the San Hungarino of Latinamerica, after all
Tuco Ramirez likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 00:53
Rookie

Teams: Atlético Madrid, Inter Milan, Liverpool, Croatia NT
Still mad for Kalinic behavior.

Moja domovina!
post #63 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 01:30
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap View Post
Missi will mess 2 pk

Modric and Rakitic will score for Hrvatska

easy 2-0 win for us

you pessimistic bunch

Argentina are the San Hungarino of Latinamerica, after all
Sanyi is still bitter about the friendly a few weeks ago.

post #64 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 01:32
Legend

in truth, i still believe that when called up by your NT, you turn up and play when and where asked... but there are times, few though they may be, when you sympathise with a player who does not want to go on as a substitute... for example, a while back now in Australia Ned Zelic was called for a couple of friendlies by then coach Farina and so he flew from Germany to Australia to be a bench warmer and he then took the view that his club status was being undermined by a NT manager that had no real intent of using him... we saw with De Rossi questioning why he was being asked to go on as sub when Italy needed a win

with Kalinic though, it seems bizarre... who seriously does not want to play for their NT against Brazil, even as a substitute... i cannot imagine that there has ever been a kid that kicked a football that did not dream of playing at a WC... and yet you turn down going on as a substitute because of a till then unannounced injury... he is either a spoiled brat or there is something unknown about the situation

the end result is that Kalinic has left the NT squad a player short for a WC and at 30 years of age and not having had a particularly good season with Milan, he may have just cut short his international career prematurely

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #65 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 02:19
Xtratime Elite

Teams: MTK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkan View Post
Sanyi is still bitter about the friendly a few weeks ago.
????

which one?

did Retardentina beat anyone who matters?
post #66 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 02:49
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
with Kalinic though, it seems bizarre... who seriously does not want to play for their NT against Brazil, even as a substitute... i cannot imagine that there has ever been a kid that kicked a football that did not dream of playing at a WC... and yet you turn down going on as a substitute because of a till then unannounced injury... he is either a spoiled brat or there is something unknown about the situation
It's a classic dummy spit. He's had a frustrating season at Milan where he couldn't find form and has dropped down the pecking order in the NT.

Rebić has claimed one of the wide attacking spots (meaning Mandžukić doesn't have to play there) and Kramarić has finally worked his way into the XI (a spot he's deserved for at least two seasons now).

Barring injury to Mandžukić he knew he was only going to get scraps in this tournament and I guess he felt insulted.

Blessing in dusguise if you ask me, there's not much difference between him and Mandžukić and now there's no chance of Dalić doing something silly and playing them together. We'll also use Pjaca more (although out of form I'm sure he can still be useful in bursts).

Last edited by SuhoZD; June 19th, 2018 at 02:58.
post #67 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 03:24
Legend

if so, then it is more than just a classic dummy spit... it's moronic

it spells the end of his NT career and will define his legacy for Croatian fans from now on --> unwilling to give his all, accepting a NT spot but unwilling to play when called upon, and leaving the NT a player down from the very beginning of the WC
Tuco Ramirez and Zelja like this.

Capello beamed: "From Savicevic you came to expect these unthinkable plays of brilliance, because from the position he was in most players would have just taken the ball in stride and gone a little further with it, instead he went for this spectacular attempt which has gone down in history and is shown over and over again. It was simply.... Una cosa da Savicevic [the way of Savicevic]."
post #68 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 07:45
World Class Player

Teams: Rvacka
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
if so, then it is more than just a classic dummy spit... it's moronic

it spells the end of his NT career and will define his legacy for Croatian fans from now on --> unwilling to give his all, accepting a NT spot but unwilling to play when called upon, and leaving the NT a player down from the very beginning of the WC
...he's far from having a LEGACY, now he's done forever as I am concerned, no NT call ups for him ever again
post #69 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 08:56
Ero
BARRED!
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zrinjski Mostar, Glasgow Celtic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhoZD View Post
We don't know all the facts...would be good if you could get on the blower to Zdenko Jedvaj so we can hear some inside news..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Or maybe you can consult Aleksa H. and D. Redžić to get the "inside" info?
Maradona likes this.
post #70 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 08:57
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Teams: Tottenham - Croatia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
I understand what you mean when you say "I do think we play more adventerous with him in the te\m than Mandzo". I know he has qualities...but we probably see the game differently. I don't think Kalinic brings enough to the entire game to be effective enough, unless he is being provided service. sometimes players have to offer more than just "on the ball" qualities...and thats where I feel he is VERY useless!

It doesn't matter anymore. I never liked his body language, I felt he brings people down with his lack of fight and always being late to the through ball...but I believe I'm not alone in this and I'm relatively sure his career is winding down.

As per our team, I feel if we can stay disciplined defensively and if we can free up Perisic and Rebic on a few occasions, we will do well! I'm a HUGE fan of Perisic and I strongly believe he is super-human when he feels good and is in form, the man is a beast...but we haven't seen that from him in a year. Hopefully he's inspired!
I totally agree But Rebic showed also how he is a real beast during our match against Nigeria and how he is present on every single action with a huge determination. I really love his discipline, attitude, fighting spirit etc...

Kovac has changed his mind and thanks to him for that change.

Here in Europe, the french & belgian TV has said that Croatia is a really strong team in each lines and after this first match, those players can be present in quarter, semi or final.

At their eyes, we're a really strong team. Very disciplined, technical, fast, creative, pushed by a wonderful captain and a good coach with good tactics.

The french commentators has said how he really believe that Croatia can make it 20 years after our wonderful World Cup in France. And after our first match, I believe in it too !

There is many many things to say about our first match (mixed between positives and negatives things) but all in all, I'm the most happier and as I said, I really believe in our chances.

I don't have the free time to make some analysis because I have a lot of work front of me (sh.t) but I really want to say, how I was wrong about the partnership between Lovren and Vida, they were simply excellent and how Strinic was very solid. Slow and rough by times but very solid and helped us to keep our clean sheet. (these words about Strinic are dedicated to SLF)

And finally, I'm happy to see that some points that I've noticed before the tournament in Dalic tactics with for example, the fact that Rakitic played between the central defender was present in this first match and helped our play with his pace on the ball by some important dribbling but also long balls for our wingers but also has given some problems to the nigerians because this was really difficult to make a good pressing on our players by this kind moves on the pitch. Glad to see that with time, I'm able to predict some things like that and understand much deeper a tactic made by a coach, with positions, moves, calls, lines etc...

Nigeria had some problems to defend and contain our players and Dalic did a great job. Our positions on the pitch were excellent and our ability to change and adapt our system were perfectly done too.

We were able to play compact defensively with a 4-4-2 and our strikers chasing the ball all the time, with our wingers ready to make the run on the wing for counter attack.

And when we had the ball, we changed our system. And there, Nigeria had some huge problems to play against us. Modric was alone in the middle, in a totally free role and they're simply unable to disturb our play, unable to make a good pressing.

Plus, our players changed the tempo by their runs between the lines, on the wings, and our midfielder, with Rakitic and Modric played by times some long balls and other on the ground with sort passes. We showed how we were able to play in some styles and also how we're good and unpredictable.

And Dalic IS the main reason of this result.

So, the main thing to work now is our ability to shoot on target because we had only one shoot on target in the whole match and that is really poor. The only shoot was the Kovacic one and we must to work on it because we're able to create some good chances and play a good football, but we need to be more decisive front of goal.

Again, congrats at our NT. I'm just really proud !

And you know what ! But this team act like a smart and experienced team. When I watched them, I saw them like an Italy NT can be in a tournament.

Italy players don't care about to win a match with an own goal and a PK. They want to win, that's all.

And for the first time since the WC 98, I saw our team really smart and experienced on the pitch. Each players are working together, and the older help the younger to be ready. Our chance is to have some players who has played some UCL final, Cup final etc etc...

In the past, we were the team who was really enjoying to watch, able to play one of the most beautiful football but unable to win something, and always loosing against the future winner of the tournament. Here we're the team able to play slowly and win a match, a crucial match. And at my eyes, this sounds like a sign.

Maybe these players have understood something great and are now maybe able to play a mixed football, with part of genius in their ability with the ball but also with their brains.

AJMO HRVATSKA !

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

post #71 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 09:01
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero View Post
Or maybe you can consult Aleksa H. and D. Redžić to get the "inside" info?
Not really. Dea is still banned from covering the NT and I don't read Holiga.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
post #72 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 09:02
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Sorry for my last post, I thought that I was in the Nigeria thread... my fault, sorry...

COYS!

PanaSlaveBelupo: 2010/09: Dalmate, your vision is perfect. And your english when speaking is really good and makes me smile because you speak much better than English speakers when you discuss Football and things that you like.

post #73 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 09:37
Rookie

Teams: BRAZIL
Argentina win this match

GOPAL
post #74 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 10:10
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAL123 View Post
Argentina win this match
....welcome back Super Eagles
szövkap and 10Boban10 like this.
post #75 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 10:15
Rising Star

Quote:
Argentina win this match
No they won't.
szövkap likes this.
post #76 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 10:18
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmate View Post
I totally agree But Rebic showed also how he is a real beast during our match against Nigeria and how he is present on every single action with a huge determination. I really love his discipline, attitude, fighting spirit etc...

Kovac has changed his mind and thanks to him for that change.

Here in Europe, the french & belgian TV has said that Croatia is a really strong team in each lines and after this first match, those players can be present in quarter, semi or final.

At their eyes, we're a really strong team. Very disciplined, technical, fast, creative, pushed by a wonderful captain and a good coach with good tactics.

The french commentators has said how he really believe that Croatia can make it 20 years after our wonderful World Cup in France. And after our first match, I believe in it too !

There is many many things to say about our first match (mixed between positives and negatives things) but all in all, I'm the most happier and as I said, I really believe in our chances.

I don't have the free time to make some analysis because I have a lot of work front of me (sh.t) but I really want to say, how I was wrong about the partnership between Lovren and Vida, they were simply excellent and how Strinic was very solid. Slow and rough by times but very solid and helped us to keep our clean sheet. (these words about Strinic are dedicated to SLF)

And finally, I'm happy to see that some points that I've noticed before the tournament in Dalic tactics with for example, the fact that Rakitic played between the central defender was present in this first match and helped our play with his pace on the ball by some important dribbling but also long balls for our wingers but also has given some problems to the nigerians because this was really difficult to make a good pressing on our players by this kind moves on the pitch. Glad to see that with time, I'm able to predict some things like that and understand much deeper a tactic made by a coach, with positions, moves, calls, lines etc...

Nigeria had some problems to defend and contain our players and Dalic did a great job. Our positions on the pitch were excellent and our ability to change and adapt our system were perfectly done too.

We were able to play compact defensively with a 4-4-2 and our strikers chasing the ball all the time, with our wingers ready to make the run on the wing for counter attack.

And when we had the ball, we changed our system. And there, Nigeria had some huge problems to play against us. Modric was alone in the middle, in a totally free role and they're simply unable to disturb our play, unable to make a good pressing.

Plus, our players changed the tempo by their runs between the lines, on the wings, and our midfielder, with Rakitic and Modric played by times some long balls and other on the ground with sort passes. We showed how we were able to play in some styles and also how we're good and unpredictable.

And Dalic IS the main reason of this result.

So, the main thing to work now is our ability to shoot on target because we had only one shoot on target in the whole match and that is really poor. The only shoot was the Kovacic one and we must to work on it because we're able to create some good chances and play a good football, but we need to be more decisive front of goal.

Again, congrats at our NT. I'm just really proud !

And you know what ! But this team act like a smart and experienced team. When I watched them, I saw them like an Italy NT can be in a tournament.

Italy players don't care about to win a match with an own goal and a PK. They want to win, that's all.

And for the first time since the WC 98, I saw our team really smart and experienced on the pitch. Each players are working together, and the older help the younger to be ready. Our chance is to have some players who has played some UCL final, Cup final etc etc...

In the past, we were the team who was really enjoying to watch, able to play one of the most beautiful football but unable to win something, and always loosing against the future winner of the tournament. Here we're the team able to play slowly and win a match, a crucial match. And at my eyes, this sounds like a sign.

Maybe these players have understood something great and are now maybe able to play a mixed football, with part of genius in their ability with the ball but also with their brains.

AJMO HRVATSKA !
...thanks bro, Strinic comment is appreciated . Anyway just to add something to your elaborate post I too think that this first match was HUGE pressure on the NT, we played low risk, clever game, exploited their weaknesses and played a percentage game basically, it was ugly but effective and you are right, ITaly and in some cases Germany as well as Portugal often take the pragmatic approach to tournaments. Too many times playing at these tournaments we played with flair and people admired our football, but nothing came of it. This time I hope we can play clever and if that means do "a Portugal Euro 2016" I'm happy with that. I'm really curious to see this team against Argentina and what we are capable off. We know we can beat expansive playing teams like Spain last Euro , the other test will be the defensive minded Iceland who are probably very confident too now drawing against Argentina. Overall this team has the maturity and experience as well as players that won the biggest club games including Luka, Mandzo, Raketa and even Lovren to take us as a NT team to the next level. With a bit of luck hopefully we can go far this time, I agree with the punters that are tipping this side to go further this time, but the element of LUCK needs definitely to be on our side, so far the omen's are good! AJMOOO
dalmate and cozmo like this.
post #77 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 12:50
Star Player

Teams: CROATIAN NT, NK Zadar, Real Madrid CF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURS_LUKA_FAN View Post
...|I know what you mean, he has bags of talent, but weirdly ineffective, I mean how did he miss that chance v Nigeria, the kid has serious pace and can dribble greatly, but needs to improve finishing ... the sky is the limit, just needs consistency of regular playtime / which he can't get at Real Madrid.
Also agree . I have such high hopes when Kovacic enters the pitch , and then he just kind of fizzles out.
That injury he suffered did knock him out of form for awhile. I remember watching him for Madrid after he came back. He was gassed after a half and had to be subbed out early in the second half.

"When you have to shoot, shoot ..dont talk." -Tuco

formerly known as croguy
post #78 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 14:56
Star Player

Teams: Dinamo, Real Madrid, Croatia NT
Some very good comments here, well said SLF, dalmate...and thanks for always having my back ero. Suho just made me spit up my coffee saying "there's not much difference between him (Kalinic) and Mandžukić" ...OMG thats funny! I don't think I even have to make a comment on this one, his words speak for themself...hahahaha!!!

I do agree, Strinic had a really good game and I'm hoping we can get Vrsaljko going as well, he kinda struggled offensively last game.
@dalmate , when you were talking about Rebic, yes, I also think he was fiery, energetic and he worked incredibly hard. He looked like a kid soo happy to be playing, I was really happy for him. I guess my comment about Perisic is that he, above anyone else on this team, has an ability to change into another gear and can cause soo many problems to defenders BUT, we don't see this very often anymore. I'd love to see him get that stride back, where he not only beat his man but he ends up making some very good decisions around the opposing goal! Perisic can frustrate me more than anyone, cause I know what he can do...I'd like to see it more often!
Ante, dalmate and cozmo like this.
post #79 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 15:42
Legend

Teams: Croatian NT, Real Madrid and Notre Dame
Quote:
Argentina win this match

Suho, how many aliases do you have here? How do you keep track of them all?

I get some of them pretending to be our opponents, but some random indian now? Maybe an indian in a cricket thread I could see, but football, they know less (if thats even possible) than orkie does.

Ivan Rakitic: "We have this special bond. When you put the sacred Croatia shirt on you become another person...this is something all of us have in us, and it will be in us to the very last moment.”

#weareCroatia
post #80 of 332 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2018, 15:42
No pain - No gain.
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
Some very good comments here, well said SLF, dalmate...and thanks for always having my back ero. Suho just made me spit up my coffee saying "there's not much difference between him (Kalinic) and Mandžukić" ...OMG thats funny! I don't think I even have to make a comment on this one, his words speak for themself...hahahaha!!!

I do agree, Strinic had a really good game and I'm hoping we can get Vrsaljko going as well, he kinda struggled offensively last game.
@dalmate , when you were talking about Rebic, yes, I also think he was fiery, energetic and he worked incredibly hard. He looked like a kid soo happy to be playing, I was really happy for him. I guess my comment about Perisic is that he, above anyone else on this team, has an ability to change into another gear and can cause soo many problems to defenders BUT, we don't see this very often anymore. I'd love to see him get that stride back, where he not only beat his man but he ends up making some very good decisions around the opposing goal! Perisic can frustrate me more than anyone, cause I know what he can do...I'd like to see it more often!
I have exactly the same feeling than your about Perisic. I know how he is a great player and how he have the ability to make some awesome when he get the ball. But yes, as you said, he can be really frustrating to watch and support, when he is off and out of his match.

But I have a little feeling that during this match, he recovered slowly his good feelings with our NT. And I remember one image during the end of the match when the defense has sent the ball away and he was sad to see that they didn't saw him alone up front for a counter attack.

I think, slowly he want more the ball, he want again to make the run, make some dribbling, offer solutions etc...

He's not fully back but I truly believe that he can recover his form during this tournament, maybe more ! He needs confidence, nothing more.

And for Rebic, at my eyes he's not really like a passionate kid but simply like a warrior. He had the eyes of the tiger, a truly fighting spirit. As I said in a previous, Niko Kovac has totally changed his mind and today, this player isn't afraid by anybody and anything. He ran all the match long, with the same engagement and same desire to help the team and win this match.

He get the maturity under Kovac, and has understood how the hard work can be benefit when you want to win a trophy.

We're really lucky to have Perisic and Rebic on our wings, really ! The both players have a huge impact on our wing and offer some solutions at our midfield and our creative midfielder. They're both very similar in their desire to create chances and I really like it.

If we can get Pjaca back at a good level, we'll have a wonderful team and finally, good wingers !

I'm just frustrated to see how Kovacic continue to play without any impact on our matches. I really want to see him making something great against Argentina. (But I don't know if Dalic will play with him along side Modric & Rakitic in the middle).
Maradona and cozmo like this.

COYS!

Tags
argentina , group d , hrvatska , match 2 , world cup 2018

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in